Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Late Arrival (Spicy!)

Started by zozee9, May 14, 2014, 01:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

Illi nodded and smiled and gave brief "mmhmms" as Lady Penselton kept speaking without delay. She even dragged Davishire into the conversation without a second thought. And, unfortunately, neither of them were able to escape the lady until dinner was announced.

She curtsied to the lady, as she thought was necessary, and even she couldn't hide her relief at Penselton's absense. "Yes, indeed," Illi responded with a small laugh. Then, a little hesitantly, she added, "I'm afraid I do not know any one around my age here, however, ignoring your absolutely lovely sister. Is there someone you would recommend me to sit by?" If she wasn't so hungry (and the occasion of this party was not Davishire's birthday), she might have tried to sneak off to the library instead. But, alas, it seemed some socializing was in order—and if that needed to be the case, as it was, she'd rather sit by some girls her age than her mother's older friends.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

Davishire all but dabbed the sweat from his brow, relief evident in the deep sigh he released when the pair were free. But as he guided her towards the dining room, he couldn't help but offer her a woflish grin when he said, "I heard Lady Penselton has a few nieces your age."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

Illi looked up at Davishire with false astonishment. "You would think I would dare pass my time with her nieces?" Laughing, she did make a point to add, "I am kidding though, I wouldn't judge nieces on their aunt. They may be as aghast as I am with her."
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

Davishire gave a bark of a laugh.
"You could be indeed right, but would you dare risk it? Perhaps you ought to stay with me, for the sake of saving you from more wretched social entrapment!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

Illi looked at Davishire and scrunched her nose immediately. "Excuse me? I would dare risk anything in order to avoid spending a dinner with you!" She pointedly turned her head the other direction with her nose raised and arms crossed.

Her point made, Illi turned back towards him and smiled with a tinge of sadness. "In all honesty though, are you sure you would escape social criticism if you sat by me? I'm not oblivious what is said about my family—much of it deserved—and I would expect the man of the night to be expected to sit by, oh, I don't know, his family or some higher noble or something."

visualspice

It was Davishire's turn to wrinkle his nose.
"Family?" Where as she might be fond of her own, his own just gave him a headache. Only his younger brother was he fond of, and he wasn't even home on this day. The lucky bastard...

Shaking off his thoughts, he released a hot sigh and gave her a nod.
"I wouldn't want anyone else by my side."

zozee9

A light blush spread across Illi's cheeks. He didn't want anyone else by his side. He wanted her  by his side. Processing his words, she grinned to herself. Illi gave a faint nod and then, realizing she was acting strange, raised her head and smiled widely at him. "Well, there's nothing more that this Queen would want than her fitting King to sit by her at dinner!" Perhaps she could hide her embarrassment and elation with enthusiasm.

visualspice

Davishire could not help but smile at her, even if it made him look more devilish- or perhaps handsome, or even both.

"Let them all speak. Words mean nothing to me, especially gossip. And as the man of this house I ought to be respected, and so should all of my guests."

zozee9

Illi laughed and replied, "Well speak they will, I assume. But surely no harm can come from a simple dinner—especially when the dinner is yours. Any who don't respect you probably shouldn't be here anyway!" She was, of course, unaware that most of the invited guests were not invited by Davishire's own will.

Waiting for Davishire to take the lead and head to the table, Illi just stood there smiling.

visualspice

No more words were shared as Davishire guided his guest to the table. And the looks they got gave away too much of what the other's felt, but out of etiquette, not a word was spoken against Davishire and the woman beside them, and soon all were feasting as a grand roast was served, layered in gravy and piled high with other fancy vegetables and meat.

zozee9

Illi, for once in her life, actually felt the stares on her. Normally she was too engrained in a book or her own thoughts to notice other people's judgement of her, but for some reason she felt overly self-conscious. She stole a glance at Davishire and took a deep breath. Who cared if they were all judging her? Illi was just happy to be sitting there, next to her King.

The feast was served and Illi ate in amazement. The cooks for this meal must have been the best one's in the country—she had never had so much exquisite food on her plate at once. Even the wine tasted topnotch, though she barely drank any of it.

visualspice

Though where she hardly drank any wine, Davishire felt the need to indulge, but just enough to get only a little bit drunk- but not to lose his head. If anything, the looks and conversation coming from his mother and sister were boring a hole clean through him, but he played ignorant of them and cast his eyes to Illi.

"I take it the meal is adequate?" he asked her, giving her a grin as he raised his freshly filled goblet to his lips.

zozee9

Illi giddily responded, "It's absolutely divine!" She was smiling ear to ear, looking at Davishire. "Thank you so much for all this wonderful food!" Illi turned back to her food and took another light sip of the wine. Her mind started wandering to the future... and what they would possibly have for dessert.

visualspice

And as she day dreamed of dessert- when it was served, it simply was a dream, for the servants brought in a tower of chocolate cake so large it appeared as if it could bump the chandelier. Every guest was impressed, and applauded at the sight of such a magnificent cake.

And Davishire puffed out his chest proudly, keeping his chin up high and his countenance, level headed. And then once the cake was cut, he gestured to Illi.
"I hope you like chocolate cake... we've got plenty enough to feed half of the duchy!" he beamed, that wolfish grin appearing quite wide this time as both he and his 'woman' were both served a single slice of one of the layers from the cake on silver toned plates.

"Bon apetit," he told her, raising up his silver fork and began to dig in.
And boy was that cake heavenly.

zozee9

Illi stared at the cake as it was brought in. She gaped at Davishire, part of her wondering if the cake was chocolate because of their second encounter... but she quickly gave that notion up. It was probably chocolate because chocolate was the best thing ever.

She blushed at his wolfish grin, realizing that she had never seen a smile as attractive as his. She nodded her end and enthusiastically replied, "Oh, I LOVE chocolate cake!" In unison, she raised her own fork and ate her cake. By the time she was done, she was stuffed. Not another thing would be eaten that day—by any of the guests.

visualspice

Davishire was stuffed too by the time he was through and gave a light pat to his belly as he reclined a little in his chair. Meager conversations lingered at the dinner table, as was customary, but Davishire seemed to relish in his own silence, even as others tried to prod him for conversation themselves.

zozee9

Unlike Davishire, Illi was keen to talk. While no one had enough interest to start a conversation with her, she prodded into Davishire's "conversations". In other words, she responded when he went silent.

Illi spoke about her family, the weather, wine, and, of course, books. None of the conversations lasted long, however, for everyone else dropped out of them as soon as they could. No one truly wanted to talk to a Treyburn. Illi sat in contentment as she noticed (though it was not her intention) that people stopped trying to bother Davishire with conversation as soon as they learned it would mean talking to her.

visualspice

And when this happened, Davishire released a long sigh of relief. He said nothing, but leaned back a little in his chair at the silence, obviously feeling a lot more relaxed when the hounding guests had gone away. And as he reveled in the moment of peace, he picked up his drink and took a nice long sip.

If he had his choice, this was definitely how he'd prefer to spend his birthday.

zozee9

Illi peeked at Davishire out of the side of her eyes, wanting to say something but having no ideas as to what. She didn't want to bore him like all the other guests seemed to. She realized, then, that it was only when she spoke to Davishire that she felt self-conscious. Normally she would just say whatever she wanted to, but not with him.

Even still, despite the embarrassment that had come with this realization, Illi still wanted to speak. With a light laugh that gave away how awkward she felt, she quietly said, "I don't think I ever thanked you for the last time we saw each other. I've never really done anything with anyone other than my family before. It was fun... So, thank you."

visualspice

Davishire was not oblivious to her nerves, but perhaps he was oblivious to the source. Surely there were many reasons for her to feel uneasy in this place. But when she spoke, he only smiled at her and studied her from where she sat.

"I should be thanking you. I rarely ever enjoy such activities."