Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Fate Ripper

Started by visualspice, August 08, 2021, 07:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The man was feeble, the blows rendering more useless with each hit, and once the mace swung at his head- he fell over, flat on his face. Either dead... or nearly to it.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

CounterfeitFish

The Dark Priest watched as this lesser man fell to the ground, dead. Or, at least seemingly dead. Krenth wasn't going to take any chances. The tall man continued to swing at the body of Viktus, specifically the head. He swung, and swung, and kept swinging until his head was little more than a smear on the ground. Then, just to add insult to injury, Krenth used the sleeve of Viktus's robe to wipe off his mace, removing the blood and gore. Nodding once with satisfaction, he turned his attention to the girl.

She seemed to be losing blood at a rapid pace, as evidenced by the wound in her stomach. This could not do. He repeated his prayer from earlier, eye twitching as the force of tapping into such dark magics chipped away at his mind. However, he had been careful not to overuse his power, so he knew he had plenty of time before he was permanently damaged.

He placed his left hand over the injury, which promptly began to seal itself, leaving only the faintest of scars. He then shook Naro, but only enough to try and rouse her. He could not damage the person he just went through all the effort of saving. "Awaken, girl! I do not have time to stand here while you sleep all night."

visualspice

Had she been awake, the sensation would have made her skin crawl, but as it were- she remained limp and motionless as the wound sealed itself together with the very dark magics that left death take the room. 

And her pulse was weak at first, and gradually grew stronger as the healing powers flowed more deeply within her body, awakening her energies when she suddenly shook awake, eyes so wide and skin so pale- she nearly looked like death herself.

She sat up suddenly and looked around, eyes adjusting as she began to realize where she was and recall what had happened...
And her eyes fell upon the smear on the ground and her jaw fell open.
if it was possible, she turned an even whiter shade of pale.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

CounterfeitFish

Krenth removed his hands from Naro, but did not dispel the magic. He would have to heal her once more in about ten minutes, but there was no need to harm himself before he was forced to do so. He followed her gaze, giving a small chuckle once he saw her reaction.

"Neither he nor his lackeys will be any trouble. Not anymore. Especially not him. If you can walk, I suggest you do so now. We should leave this place, and I have no desire to carry you." He sheathed his mace, having no need for it anymore. Not yet, at least. The glow within his eye had faded slightly, though it still gave off some light. His power remained, kept under control until he needed it.

"All of his time and preparation...all for nothing. What a waste. He could have been a decent ally, if he had not opposed me." He was silent for a moment, before shaking his head slightly. "No, I am sure we would have come to blows eventually." His voice was low, mostly talking to himself.

visualspice

Narophne had no idea what to do or say. The wine cellar was a mess, her Uncle a fresh bloodied stain upon the floor. Her life was over. And this man simply asked her to follow.

She shook her head slowly, in disbelief, not disobedience.

"This... this was my home..."

CounterfeitFish

Krenth watched Naro, his smirk slowly going away, replaced with his normal neutral expression. He gestured for her to follow before quickly searching through the room. He soon found the book that Viktus had used, giving it a quick search. The knowledge within was of no use to him, so it was worthless. Half the spells and incantations he already knew, and he had no desire to sell it or give it away. So, he destroyed it.

He sent a spear through the book, incinerating the pages. All that was left of the tome was a pile of ash and covers. "I do not need the information within. My temple is in shambles, so I cannot teach it to others. None shall know what is within, except for the Mad God."

Krenth just now seemed to register what Naro said, turning back to face her. "A home where you were presumably tortured and became the subject of a dark ritual. Do you truly wish to return to it?"

visualspice

Naro winced and dropped her gaze, ashamed.
"It... it wasn't always like that," she whispered. Infact, it had never been like that until the other night. She shivered at the memories, her head spinning.  "I.. I never would have guessed my Uncle that he," she swallowed thickly.  "That he was evil. "

She grew quiet, not sure what else to say except-
"So what's to become of me?" Her eyes were curious, scared, imploring.

CounterfeitFish

"He is nothing, now. Nothing but a corpse." Krenth stood completely still, about two feet away from Naro. Far enough to not invade her space, but he could also keep an eye on her.

"I am unsure. I cannot commune with Yxdes now, not without the proper materials and preparation. I was sent here for a reason, though I cannot tell what it is. For now, however, I shall keep you safe until my path becomes clearer. You still contain some power, and I am sure other followers may try and seize it from you. I shall prevent that."

Krenth said all of this in a flat, monotone voice. He simply stated the information he knew, and his interpretation of it. If he had to act as this girl's bodyguard, he would do so. Not out of pity or kindness, but because his god commanded it.

visualspice

She paused, turning around to peer back at the aftermath, to where the crumpled pile of ash was that used to be her Uncle's book. She supposed no one could use that against her now- if even the ritual secrets had been contained within- that she did not know.

She turned away to face Krenth again and tried to search his face for something.  Anything. But he was a blank slate, a hard shield of indifference guarding whatever lurk beneath. But she found herself staring not at his realistic green eye but the odd, obscure black one.

Did he lose that eye? Or was he born that way?

She returned to try and search for the human within, staring back into his green eye now as she whispered softly, but in earnest as she reached for his hand, "Thank you."

CounterfeitFish

Naro would find nothing upon inspecting his altered eye, but there were hints of something in the other one. Eyes are the window to the soul, they say, and that remains true, even for Krenth. Within there was a fiery determination, often found in those who had endured many hardships and had withstood them. An iron-bound will, one who never faltered or gave up when facing adversity. Though, upon realizing he was being watched, Krenth looked away. He was not one to share his innermost secrets, not for anybody but Yxdes.

He took the girl's hand in his own, the magic covering it shifting and flowing away to avoid her. He did not need to waste his powers when she was uninjured. "I do what I must." He paused for a moment, and his gaze softened. It was just the smallest bit, gone in the blink of an eye. However, it still happened. "You are welcome."

visualspice

As they moved to leave, the long, winding stone stairs felt infinite and her legs, like lead. She thought back to what he said, and couldn't help but ask,"So you too, do not follow Ansgar, but this other God, Yxdes." It felt strange to speak this foreign God's name.
"What purpose could he have with me? What... things do you know have been done?" She didn't understand any of this and faltered as she followed behind him, gripping onto his arm for purchase. Tensing, she drew back and downcast her gaze.

"I'm sorry. " she was probably being such a nuisance. But like him... she needed answers.

CounterfeitFish

He was silent for a bit, pondering her question. It did not take him long to answer, though. "Yes. I follow the Mad God. His goals are unknown to me, though they become clearer as time passes. As initiates, we were told what to do, but not why. By the time I rose in the ranks, the temple had been razed, burnt to the ground."

He thought some more, then added on a bit more information. "I follow Yxdes because unlike Ansgar, he provided for me. I could pray and pray for days to Ansgar and get nothing. Yxdes was not like that."

His grip on her tightened just slightly as she stumbled, though not painfully. It was more to prevent her from falling, if she was unable to do so herself. "Do not apologize when there is no need." He continued walking, though it was slower than normal. The man's long stride could have easily outpace her, but he made sure to not do so.

visualspice

It took so long to make it back to the main floor of the estate. It was still dark, and the storm was winding, drifting off in the distance.

She thought about all he said and all that had happened. And she wanted to speak, but knew not what. And then it all came to a head, as she suddenly doubled over and vomited on the ground.

CounterfeitFish

In an instant, Krenth was there, magic at the ready. He did not know what caused this, if anything. However, he was there to help."Are you okay?" He was quick and to the point. No point wasting time when there was none to waste.

visualspice

She shook a moment and turned away, fighting it off but the smell of her own vomit made her do it again. Another moment and she was finally able to compose herself, trembling slightly before she wiped her lips off on the back of her hand.

"I.. I'm sorry I just... everything that has happened I.... " It was the only way she could cope, her body near bursting with acidic anxiety that even he might be able to sense it. She groaned and attempted to right herself but wasnt able to as she shook her head.
"I'm sorry I just...  I need a minute. "

CounterfeitFish

Krenth stood back up, now knowing that it was Naro, not some unseen attacker. He backed away slightly, but no more than a couple of feet. He examined the girl as she dealt with her issues, and even he could tell that she wasn't doing well.

He consulted his limited knowledge of herbs, but could not think of anything that could be of assistance. He mostly knew of the poisonous variety, and his healing spells could not heal an upset mind.

So, he waited. "Very well. Take the time that you need, and inform me when you can continue." After that, he stood there in silence, his face remaining as a stony mask of neutrality.

visualspice

"I'm.. I'm sorry I'm being such a bother I... this is all very much new to me and I... until just the other day I had barely ever left this estate." She didnt know why she told him. And supposed she just needed to tell someone and Krenth, it seemed, was going to be stuck with her.
"Since were in my home, ought I prepare for travel?" Though the only travel she knew of was to fancy places, like the city.
"Oh, and look at me I'm just rambling and I bet you're anxious to leave and oh," her eyes widened. "I don't believe I've caught your name."
Color began to return to her face, atleast enough to heat her cheeks as she peered sheepishly over at him.
"I am Narophne Telgve." She tried for a smile, but it was forced and strained and the poor young woman obviously showed it.

CounterfeitFish

"Your apologies are unnecessary. There is no reason for you to say sorry." Krenth, surprisingly, was a pretty good guy to vent to. He doesn't offer comforting words or gestures, but he is a good person if you just need something off your chest. But, that isn't important.

In response to Naro's question, he nodded. "Take what food, clothes, and weapons you can find and fit into a pack." He knew they would probably have to travel light. There was no time to find a horse and cart, or try and fill up twenty bags of stuff.

"Krenth Sarthin." He did not return the smile, nor attempt to do so. It was odd. He had not been outright rude or mean to her since her rescue, but at no point had he been very pleasant. Even in his sect of his religion, half the time you had to worry about a knife in your throat while you slept. He had never been able to afford to show weakness or emotions, so over time he learned to cut everybody off, to hide everything behind that mask. Perhaps that could change in time, though.

visualspice

Naro opened her lips to speak, then closed them, then opened them again before informing him, "I'm not so well versed on weapons. I could.. could show you to the armory and perhaps you could select what items you see fit?"
She knew her selections would be useless and to pack a small bag? Or dear... not many dresses would fit into a sack.

CounterfeitFish

"Very well. Do what you must, as long as we can keep moving." Krenth seemed slightly interested, curious as to what weapons are in here. He didn't know exactly what was contained within the mansion, but he planned to simply grab what could be of use and not slow them down. Plus, the less that was left for any foes, the better.