Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dealing with Dragons (Glob!) [M]

Started by DragonSong, November 03, 2016, 01:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

A shiver ran down her spine and quite against her will her breath caught in her throat. Elora licked her lips and glanced up at him through her lashes.

"Oh, I've got a pretty good imagination," she murmured, testing. Whether she was testing him or herself she wasn't sure. "I'm sure I could think of something..."

DaGlobster

In truth, Merradin had tested her, and he found her reaction to be delicious. He pulled his mouth away from her ear, paused as if tempted to kiss her, and then straightened back up.

"I'm sure you do, and I'm sure you will, Merradin said.

They were walking through the town's square now, but Merradin led them along the sides, away from the crowds gumming up the market stalls and along the edge.

"Maybe I'll do some imagining of my own, Ser Braun," he said, and directed his eyes back to her.

DragonSong

She shivered again and shot him a quick, lopsided smirk. "That a promise?" she teased quietly.

DaGlobster

As a dragon, it pleased him to no end whenever he could make her shiver with just a few words. He smiled at her rather innocently.

"As sure as rain falls from the sky," he said, matching her tone.

He took them into a side road, away from the square. They were close, now.

DragonSong

Another shiver, though this one she managed to suppress slightly. "Watch yourself, Lightning Eater," she murmured playfully. "I may not be a dragonrider in the traditional sense, but I think I could learn."

DaGlobster

"Hold onto that confidence," Merradin said, voice nearly a purr as they rounded a corner. Down the street, the tavern was visible. A decent looking place, but warm light, music, and the smell of food came from its windows and open doorways.

A couple of drunk revelers sat outside, slurring the words to the song being played inside.

"You'll need it if you don't want to be bucked off."

DragonSong

Elora chuckled and shook her head at him, looking around curiously as they approached the tavern.

"This seems nice," she murmured, head tilted a bit to the side. There was still a wariness in her shoulders and the set of her jaw, but she did her best to move past it.

DaGlobster

Merradin nodded his agreement.

"It is," he said, leading her up the three steps that led to the building's front porch.

The sign hanging from the building's awning read "The Winking Rat," and Merradin spared the sign a nostalgic smile before motioning through the open door.

"After you, my lady," he said with a cheesy smile.

The inside was that of a good-quality tavern, although it was obvious that no nobles frequented the place. It was quaint, but the music was good, the few gambling tables alive, the dances energetic, and the drinks well stocked.

DragonSong

Elora looked around a little nervously as they entered, but she managed to summon a smile. "Nice."

She looked up at Merradin. "Buy a girl a drink?"

DaGlobster

Merradin was already on it, eagerly leading her along to the bar, pulling her stool out for her, and taking a seat. The bartender was busy serving some other patrons, and so while she got around to serving them, Merradin turned to Elora.

"What did you have in mind?" He said, and glanced about.

"The brandy here is good. So are the stouts."

DragonSong

"Whiskey would be divine," she sighed with a crooked smile. "Though if you recommend the brandy I suppose I should try it."

DaGlobster

"Well you can always have your whiskey later," Merradin said, and it looked like he was going to say something else but then the bartender was there, and he promptly ordered two brandies, bread, and a plate of sausages.

"And I know that I myself have some bottles of fine whiskey."

He seemed lost in thought for a few seconds.

"Somewhere."

DragonSong

"Oh?" Picking up their little game from before, Elora sipped at her drink and asked wryly, "Is that a clever ploy to lure me back to your abode, good ser?"

DaGlobster

"You have me all figured out," Merradin admitted, chuckling to himself. He sipped some of his own brandy, closing his eyes a little to savor it before swallowing.

"And here I thought my master plan to take you to my cave and make out with you on a pile of treasure was subtle," he huffed, and gave her a teasing look.

The sausages and bread arrived, and Merradin didn't hesitate to tear a piece from the loaf and pop it in his mouth.

DragonSong

She snorted softly into her drink and kicked a foot out to nudge at his leg. "You're incorrigible," she informed him with a soft laugh.

When the food arrived she went right for the sausage. Merradin's fruit dishes has been delicious, but she needed some meat.

DaGlobster

Merradin smiled at her knowingly and took a sausage for himself.

"You like it," he said, before taking a bite, and then another drink from his brandy.

"So, how's your brandy?"

DragonSong

"Delicious," she answered honestly, smiling at him. "I'll be sure to take any recommendations you give in the future. At least as far as alcohol goes."

DaGlobster

Merradin scoffed a tiny bit at her words.

"Just alcohol? You wound me," he said, giving her a mock frown. Again, he took a slow, savoring sip.

The music in the tavern shifted over to a more active song, and Merradin started nodding along to it. He looked to her and smiled, taking another swig before he asked her a silent question with his eyes.

DragonSong

Eliza laughed and shook her head, taking another sip of her drink and standing from her stool.

"Come on then!" She grabbed his hand and tugged him up out of his seat with a grin, eyes glinting gold.

DaGlobster

Oh, it was exactly what he wanted, and his drink was quickly forgotten when she took his hand and pulled him from his seat, eyes following hers, eager to see what she would lead him into.

They weren't the only ones animated by the shift in music, and the whole place seemed to come more alive.