Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

yuhsemite-man's Wants and Limits

Started by yuhsemite-man, May 25, 2019, 08:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yuhsemite-man

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Hey, I'm open for anything! I really like adventure and/or things with romantic subplots (mlm in particular just because I can relate to and RP those relationships better than anything else, and subplots because I find that writing something with romance in the forefront can feel forced), but I'm down for some adventure myself and to try things outside of my comfort zone. Mystery? Tragedy? Grimdark or comedy? You name it!

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I'm not sure about this one, chief. I'd really have to figure it out on a play by play basis, since I don't want to shoot anything down. I can say with an air of confidence that I don't know how comfortable I'd feel playing anything with demeaning-ness in it. Like, if my character had to gratuitously treat another character as a subhuman, or vice versa, etc. That's something I can think up off the top of my head but yeah, otherwise or even in that case I'll try it and communicate how I feel afterwards.

What are your favorite character types to play?
I've noticed a trend where I tend to always play various iterations of the same person: a young, sheepish, kinda naive and optimistic person (usually a guy) who's going out into the world for the first time. You play what you know, I guess! I haven't RPed in a while though, so maybe my experience will have changed how I play characters. I guess we'll both find out!

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
Both are great! As a procrastinator writer, I tend to plan a LOT. Nothing gets done when that happens, but I also can't really go off the top of my head without any trajectory or faith in a trajectory for too long. So, I do a bit of both at the same time. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be. Bad joke aside, if you want to plan a lot or not plan, I'm super flexible!

How do you feel about group threads?
They sound fun! In my past experience on IM RPs, they can get out of hand or fall apart sometimes, but ce la vie in the world of IM. I'd love to try some out on a forum!

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
Since it's summer break, I should be able to reply pretty often. On a good day, I could go all day! On a busy day, maybe once or twice. I might miss a day or two, but such is life. If I don't respond after a few days, feel free to nudge me. I also get into a bad habit of sometimes thinking a story is dying before it actually is, or that my partner is losing interest. If that isn't the case lemme know :)

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Life happens! Schedules can change, or you might just feel like you're in a funk. We're here for fun after all, so no pressure! If you don't post for a few days, I won't mind at all. Anything pushing a week or two will probably make me think you've given up on the thread or are on hiatus. If you ever drop out of and then want to restart a thread, lemme know!

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
Ahhhh, that wonderful mess. This--like everything, really--is up for grabs! I have had amazing times on IM RPs. They are their own brand of crazy.

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
I guess this is just like IM! I'd totally be down. Let's build the excitement!

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Everything! I feel like more action can happen in short posts though, since I don't like to control other characters so any dynamic activity would require short, semi-rapid posts back and forth, so I prefer them a smidge. But if long, ornate, David Copperfield-style posts are your thing, then cool beans! Let's long wind the hell out of these sentences!

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
I love it when you involve my character. Like, if you ask them what they want, or find a way to put them in danger or luck's way. Flirt! Tease, bully, hit, or whatever! Have you noticed that my character is afraid of spiders? Make a giant spider show up and want to eat them in particular. Be a driving force in my character's life--so long as I can control how they respond. I really appreciate dynamic characters and plots.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
I know there's a word for it but I can't recall the word. Nevertheless, there's a style of RP that can throw me off my groove a bit. Basically, I love RP in the same way I love Skyrim and Dragon Age. I've tried RP in the "*nuzzles your lap* OwO what's this? *blushes*" style, and it just really wasn't my thing. I don't know how common that is on forum RPs, though. Otherwise like I said, I guess I'll just find out! I don't really know what to expect lol.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
Go ahead! Don't like murder my character ksdjfskdjht. But, if you think it'll spice up the plot or make the tension higher, I'm fine with some power play and godmoding.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
I mentioned this earlier, but I'm the most at home doing mlm relationships. I just find them easier to get invested into and to relate to. Age gaps between life stages might likely make me feel uncomfortable. When I say life stages, I mean how like someone who is 50 could be with someone 65 and those 15 years wouldn't be much of a difference because they're in the same stage, while 15 years between an 18 year old and a 43 year old are HUGE since they're in completely separate stages. I also wanna make sure to say that I'm good doing mlw or wlw relationships! If it works organically, then cool :) Also hell yeah. Reject my character if you want! Make that love triangle. Make a love square, even. 

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
As long as you're comfortable, I'm game for graphic violence and sex. Sexual assault? Ehhhhhhhhh that's not really it chief. We can definitely include it in the plot, but I might not be as comfortable riding out every detail with that. Of course, like I've said a thousand times, I could try it out if I feel up to it. Oh, I should also point something out that I almost forgot. I'm not comfortable doing sex with non-human or humanoid species. Like, centaurs or dragons or dog people, etc? Not my thing chief. I'm also into guys, so I'm way more into mlm sex than others.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
Fo sho. Let's get knockt UP

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
Talk to me about this one first :) I like change, but only if it feels natural and organic. Those are super vague terms, so if you want to initiate something like healing my blind character, let me know. I might be down, or not, but I'm always open to talk.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.) If your werewolf dramatically and climactically bites my character, then "awoo!" youknowwhatimsaying

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
I'm here to have fun and to make sure you do, too. Let's go on an adventure!