Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Rains of Life

Started by Khakana, February 08, 2023, 01:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khakana

Khelena listened to the two men talking the entire time they walked, getting the distinct idea they were looking for something important. "Gold?" Khelena asked, stopping in her tracks and pointing back towards where they had come from. "If you were looking for gold, you could have taken the gold in my temple. I wasn't going to stop you," She said, looking between the two. "I mean, I never had a use for it before, if you wanted it you could have just taken it."

Draconian

Gold.

Kell sighed and tried to give a smile to Khelena. It was kind of her, possibly the first thing she'd done that hadn't annoyed him. He rubbed the back of his neck while they walked and he let his thoughts tumble around in his head.

"Not gold," he said softly, looking ahead, "It's something priceless that I'm looking for." His fingers moved to the scales at his neck and he glanced to Thrax and Khelena. "There was supposed to be some sort of... Item that knew all the answers... where we found you." His ears drooped then and Kell held his breath for a moment, "We'll get you to town, and get you some real clothes."

Kell looked from Thrax to Khelena before he picked up the pace, "Aren't you cold? I don't think they'll fit you but I have a spare set of clothes if you'd like."

MadEmperor

Thrax chuckled uncomfortably. "Well, I wouldn't say no to gold. In fact, I kiiinda maybe helped myself." He tipped his pack to reveal the glint of a golden chalice within.

Turning to walk backwards ahead of them, he said, "And how could anyone be cold in this sweltering jungle? My short fur isn't that warm."

Khakana

"Knew all the answers," Khelena said slowly as they walked, seeming largely unphased by the foliage. All in all she was rather light on her feet as she maintained a confident gait. "My book would have known everything that had happened around me," She offered, lazily hopping over a branch. "That was destroyed. Probably for the best, as knowing the answers to everything makes for a very boring story," She explained. "No one likes a know it all, and no one wants to read a story about one," She added.

"What answers do you want?" Khelena asked, hopping forward to walk next to Kell, ignoring Thrax's gold. "All the answers is a lot of answers. Very hard to sift through it. Are you struggling with a situation?" She asked, smiling back at Thrax. "Maybe he's struggling with issues of fancy?" She asked the Gnoll, before turning back to Kell. "Would explain why he has a problem with my nakedness, wouldn't it?" She asked mostly to the open air.

Draconian

A moment to contemplate.

Kell looked at Thrax's chalice, regretted for a moment that he hadn't pilfered anything and then looked towards Khelena. Listened while she told him that knowing everything made a story boring. Frowned slightly when she made his disappointment about her and her nakedness.

He sighed again, running his hand over top his head and pulling his braid over his shoulder when he walked. His feet crunching twigs and slopping through small puddles left from the night before.

"That," he said over his shoulder, "is none of your business. You already know my name, that's all the private information you need about me." Kell flicked his ears and didnt press the issue about clothing, because it was true. He did have issue with her nakedness.

"What are you going to do once we reach civilization?" He started, changing the subject, "Thrax won't be in my employment anymore, perhaps you two can get somewhere nice after selling that cup and settle down." Kell gave a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

MadEmperor

Thrax rolled his eyes as Kell harped on his overactive libido yet again. His employer was proving to be much more of a prude than he had thought. Or maybe Kell still felt betrayed even though everything worked out fine.

"Okay, first of all, I already apologized for being tempted. Second, don't take it out on us that this expedition didn't pan out. It was lost before we set foot in that temple. Blame the guy who sold you that fictitious map."