Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wherever I May Roam (Mulciber)

Started by Shouriko, January 19, 2024, 07:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shouriko

This was very intriguing to Qixia. Not just this concept of tastes and flavors, but food itself. She drank water, yes, and did eat what nature did provide. She had never had anything that had been made by human, or humanoid, hands before. Qixia had observed this behavior but of course had never partaken in it. That would have meant interacting with them and that... well, she just hadn't been so bold and it had never been necessary nor invited.

What also piqued her interest was Mulciber said he had no functional mouth. It made Qixia look much more closely at her newfound friend. "Does no mouth mean you have no need for sustenance?" That wasn't entirely foreign to her. Spirits had no need of food. Even she never felt truly hungry, but she was certainly no spirit. Since Mulciber was made up of many souls, perhaps he was more akin to a spirit than she.

MadEmperor

"Correct. I do not. While I must occasionally indulge the parts of me that desire to hunt, I have no need to kill what I catch," Mulciber answered in his usual matter-of-fact tone. Underneath that, however, was a deep sadness over not being truly alive in any sense that a mortal being could recognize.

He placed some loose tea leaves into a small, fine basket and placed it in a cup. When the steam from the water caused the kettle to whistle, he took it from the flames and poured the hot water over the leaves until the cup was full. "Now we wait a few minutes for the water to leech the flavor from the leaves."