Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

"Hello!" says a newbie

Started by eCCioE, October 04, 2013, 12:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eCCioE

Hi!

I'm eCCioE and like you can see, I'm new here. I have role-played for a long time, but this forum is so different from the previous ones, so I might do something wrong.
It is also really good to see, that you don't have a rule or anything about how long a RP post must be, because I like writing what come freely from my heart or whatever... and mostly my posts are pretty short because of that.

By the way, I'm not a native English user,so sometimes I might make some mistakes.

Zer0ic

Got any questions? Ask anyone, but me. Just kidding. Feel free to ask me anything. This community of players is great. I am new to RP-ing and they treat me like one of there own.  ;D

eCCioE

Thank you! It's good to hear that people are great here.
Actually, I had a question before about species, but I guess we are allowed to make our own ones here?

Zer0ic

I don't see why not. That's what I did with both of my characters.

Paradox

Quote from: eCCioE on October 04, 2013, 01:18:54 PM
Thank you! It's good to hear that people are great here.
Actually, I had a question before about species, but I guess we are allowed to make our own ones here?

Yes, you are allowed to create your own races/species here and you do not need approval for them nor do you have to fill out any sort of template to create them. The sky's the limit! Just try to be mindful of lore that's already been established! (this can be found somewhere in the link that I'll be providing below!)

Welcome to SotE, E! If you have any questions about the game , feel free to stop by and inquire in the chat box at the bottom of the forum's index page! Or , you could simply pop in for a friendly chat with the other members here. Don't worry! We don't bite! Except me when I haven't been fed enough fishies. D:

If you haven't read this yet, I suggest that you do so. There's a LOT of awesome and useful information to be found there!

Again, welcome to SotE! Glad to have ya aboard. You couldn't have picked a better place to place to have fun! I look forward to seeing what crazy adventures you embark on here! Take care!

EDIT:

Here are some additionally useful links:

The World

Spirits of the Earth Wiki

Lion

Seems like Sharkie (aka Paradox) has pretty much covered all of your questions, but if you have anymore feel free to ask, and we'll do all we can to help you out.  There are no limits to how long a post has to be, as well.  It's really your preference and something you should discuss with whoever you're playing with as well if length is an issue.  But your posts can be as long or as short as is your heart's content.  Have a great time here and welcome to SotE!

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Welcome to SOTE! I hope you enjoy.your time here!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

eCCioE

Thank you for the warm welcome! Indeed, Paradox's post was helpful. But there is one problem... the first RP thread. If someone would like to RP with me, let me know.

Brisinger987

I'd love to RP with you!

Welcome to SotE by the way (I say after waltzing in and staking a thread in you xD)

eCCioE

Thank you! You have interesting characters... But to play with you, I have to make a new character for myself. I have made a rule for myself, that one character can be in only one place at any time, that's why. :D

Brisinger987

Ahhh. Well you PM which character you make for the RP, then we can discuss the plotz