Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

*Appears in a puff of smoke* Hi!

Started by SwallowtailDreams, June 10, 2014, 11:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwallowtailDreams

Name: I'm SwallowtailDreams! I don't mind if you pick something else to call me. :)
Age: *starts singing Sixteen Going on Seventeen from Sound of Music*
Years of roleplaying experience: Idunno, 5-ish years? I've been getting more into it lately after a long period where I didn't do much, due to my favorite sites going inactive on me. Please bear with me at first, 'cause I'm not really terribly good at RPing out of the general 'Redwall' mold. (Kudos to fellow Redwall fans!)

Interests/Hobbies: Music, reading, Redwall (heh), dabbling in ancient magyks (yeah, yeah, fakety fake fake stuff. still fun), interior decorating, amateur fashion design, cooking, reading anime and watching manga (let's see how many of you freak out about that  :P ), chilling with people of similar disposition, and talking. I talk a lot, actually, if you hadn't noticed. I think I might like the sound of my own typing. (Hey, would I get in trouble if I suddenly started using color? Probably not, right?) Oh, I'm also really into poking people with proverbial sticks. (In other words, I find great joy in gentle teasing. Or not so gentle, depending on the individual in question.) Also, don't get me started on sporks. According to the people on the other RP board I frequent, I have a thing for sporks. (No idea how that happened.) (Gosh, you guys are getting to know me rather well! Haha. Sorry.)
Likes: Umm... Isn't this practically the same thing as my Interests/Hobbies? Or are these more specific? Like, I love Harry Potter and LoTR and Redwall and Warriors... Oh, I think I like Homestuck too, but that's debatable. The language and innuendo tend to annoy me. I'm into fantasy webcomics too, like Namesake (if you haven't read it, go find it now. It's amazing.) It suddenly occurs to me that I'm acting like an annoying female teenager that I profess to dislike so much. It's late and I'm fey.
Dislikes: 1. Scorpions. No scorpions, please. 2. My sister. She doesn't particularly like me either. 3. School? School isn't fun. I think. It depends. 4. IRL people in general. Sorry, they just aren't my kettle of fish. Online people are fun though! I can't see them, they can't see me, we're all a happy family!

Random facts about yourself: I like to attempt to write books... I'm not good at it, as I discovered in 7th grade, but I still find it amusing. Right now I'm writing one inspired by TFiOS (not a book I'd recommend. It's good, but I wouldn't recommend it. Especially to fellow homeschoolers. Hey, that's a fact about me too! I'm homeschooled!)... Anywho, it's about this girl who has cancer. SPOILER: She dies.

Also writing a book based on Redwall. Go figure, right?

I borrowed the template for my intro speech from somewhere else....

visualspice

Welcome to the site, SwallowtailDreams~
That's quite a hefty intro XD
But that's cool you wish to share all of that with us ^_^
Helps us to get to know ya better~

Here at SOTE there are varying levels I'm rpers in skills and likes, so I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for here (as the site is fairly active, too!) If you should have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Most information can be found on the Before You Play and The World tabs (found at the top of the forum)

Also that's cool you do some writing in your free time ^_^ You'll find out a lot of members do that here. Writing is just a fun and creative outlet, and what better way than to bring such talents and skills into a role playing forum where you can read and write with other people who like the same thing! I think it's a pretty nifty way to game, but then again I've been doing this for years (Not sure how many, probably for half my life though >_> )

Anyway! Welcome to SOTE :D
Hope you have fun here with us!!!

-the spice
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SwallowtailDreams

Thank you, Lady Spice. :) I look forward my time here.

Alegretto

Welcome to the site SwallowtailDream :D

I hope you'll find this site a great place to get back into roleplaying. Like spice said, we have people of all skill levels and interests around here!

If you haven't already, you might want to check out the chat-box at the bottom of the main page. It's pretty active and it's a great way to meet people!

I see that you've already made your first character(s), your next stop might be the plotting center, where you can find open threads and people looking for threading partners. Alternatively, you could post your own want ad :)

Finally, if you haven't already, you might want to consider making a wants and limits page. They're super helpful cause they allow people to know your roleplaying preferences and boundaries.

I hope you have a great time here, and again, welcome to SotE!

(P.S. Sorry for not posting links to all this stuff, I'm on my phone and posting links is hard :()

Paradox

Welcome to SotE, Swallowtail, we're glad to have you here with us!

I used to be a fan of the Redwall series, myself. A curious mind must inquire. Which was your favorite book? Mine was Mossflower and I'm biased here because that's where I started the series as a kid. I also used to be part of the online Redwall RP community back in the late 90s (lol sharkieisanancientrelic.... >_> ).

Those whom have posted before me have pretty much covered the basics, so I won't repeat this .

Your pardon. I hate to be the picky old timer here, but  I would like to point out that orange text against a purple background is an eyesore to read. If you would be so kind as to please refrain for using that and other bright colors  that kinda clash with the forum's background, that would be fantastic and much appreciated. Thanks.

I look forward to seeing you embark on some adventures here and hope you enjoy your time here at SotE. If you should have need of any forum-related assistance that cannot be answered/solved by the members here (like..."lol oops...I put that in the wrong section" )  , do not hesitate to send myself of Looshi (that other global mod whose beard isn't as glorious as mine ) a personal message. (Jk Looshi. Your beard is awesome. )

Lion

Lovely intro!  Have a fantastic time here! (:

-Lion.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

SwallowtailDreams

Thank you all very much!

To answer your question, Sir Paradox, my favorite is also Mossflower, despite having started the series at Mariel. :)

Sorry about the orange, I'll remember that it's a bad color from now on. :)