Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Recruitment Drive

Started by MadEmperor, March 01, 2023, 01:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadEmperor

"Agreed." Kah nodded. "First, Hanako, I'd like you to shift into a fox and scout ahead. You too, Riv, but be careful—they're much more inclined to attack a wolf. And Zeldrinn, you will watch the approach from the trees in case they have to run. Thrax and I will wait as close as we can."

"Sound like a plan?"

DragonSong

Both women nodded, Hanako's ears perked curiously.

"I don't go with the regular little fox often," she said with a grin. "This will be fun." 

There was a brief pulse of silvery firelight around her, then she was in vulpine shape, fluffy tail waving energetically.

Much less theatrically, River fell forward into her own animal form. She pressed herself against Kahroan's leg briefly as she passed, giving him a quick, fond look and urging, Be careful.

MadEmperor

Kahroan held on to her bow and nodded down at her. I will. He hadn't actually used beastspeak out of full dragon form before.

"Gods, you're so cute it hurts." Thrax groaned at Hanako with a smirk.

"Save the youthful flirting for after we come back alive." Zeldrinn rolled their eyes and started walking towards the trees.

DragonSong

The little silver-white fox flicked her tail and licked a paw primly. Unlike River, she could speak plainly in her animal form, and replied to Thrax with something of a challenge in her voice, "Oh, darling, don't press your luck."

River chuffed at her, and she was suddenly all business, nodding and darting off into the undergrowth on the wolf's heels.

They split off from one another as they neared the bandits' camp, Hana scampering to the left and River prowling to the right.

At least a dozen, River told her mate through the ever-strengthening connection they had in beastspeech.

To her surprise, Hana's voice chimed in to both: Sixteen, there's a few more asleep in the tent on this side.

MadEmperor