Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Greetings everyone!

Started by Anarchin, September 29, 2019, 08:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anarchin

Greetings all!

I just made my account after some short reading about this forum. I haven't roleplayed in quite some time ago and I would love to be able to do it here. I love fantasy based roleplays and I can't wait to create my own character and get started.

English isn't my first language so I hope this isn't a problem here. Anyway, I'm glad to be here and get back to roleplaying.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Welcome to SotE! I don't think the language barrier should be an issue- I never would have known from your intro post had you not mentioned it.

I'd reccomend making a Wants and Limits page- it will help you to find people to RP with! Can't wait to see what you make here ;D

DragonSong

Hello hello!

Basically I'm just seconding everything Eckhart said haha; Wants and Limits are good, and a Character Catalog might help you keep things organized, if you wanna use one :)

Happy to meet you, hope you have fun here! Don't be afraid to reach out if you have any questions ^.^

P.S. If you feel like sharing, what is your first language? (I was a Lit/Linguistics major in college so I'm kinda curious haha)

Anarchin

Thanks for welcoming me!

I have a few questions actually. What is a Character Catalogue?

Also , I would like to know what occupations are available for characters? If there is a list, that would be  great.

What about a character's appearance? What if I find some image that I like and I want to use for portrait of my character , but I can't find credits of who created it. I mean can I still use the image?

My first language is Bulgarian.

quaggan

Hello and welcome!

Character catalogue is a thread where a player lists all their characters and information that might be useful for those who want to play with them (such as availability, what plots are they up for, etc)

Pretty much any occupation is available for characters. The only restrictions are on political leaders. For example, the current High Lady of Atlas Verde is Beryl Feyal, so the seat is taken and no one can play a High Lord/Lady there.

The image usage policy is here. I recommend using google reverse image search or tineye.com for finding sources of images

DragonSong

Yes to all of that ^.^

There's also resources in the site that might help you with some questions, if you wanna check them out. These are just a couple:

Before You Play

The World

(Also the links for my Character Catalog and W&L pages are under my profile and such, as are a lot of peeps, if you wanna take a look at those for examples :) )