Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mirror, Mirror

Started by DragonSong, October 27, 2023, 09:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Ser Kit" snorted, but neither he nor Kiara commented, both more focused on the task at hand. The dragon banked to begin flying in the direction of the refugees' encampment.

"Well, we know the general direction she went," Kiara murmured, eyeing him a bit warily for a few moments longer before she seemed to decide not to worry about the way the magical pick-me-up was affecting him. Not for the moment, at least. "And...I mean, yeah. Kit can track pretty well. It should be enough--it hasn't been that long, she can't have got too far."

MadEmperor

As soon as they landed, Dan dismounted and took a moment to stretch. "I should go fill in my parents while you get started."

Grav nodded, clearly itching to get moving. The energy boost was making him more of a puppy than usual. "Let's get going then. There's no time to waste, right?"

DragonSong

Kiara nodded briskly as she slid down from Kit's back. "Keep watch for me?" she asked the dragon quietly. He nodded with a small huff, curling his body protectively around her, and she knelt to place one hand on the earth.

She could do this. Her father had explained it to her--years ago, but she remembered how it was supposed to work. She was fae now, properly fae. She could do this...

She closed her eyes, then let her magic start to spread out from her fingers, bleeding into the dirt, then the roots of the trees around them, then further.

Where are you...?

"Right." Kiara bit back a small smirk. Looking to their hosts, she assured, "We'll be back as soon as we can--but you should start getting your people together, get them ready to move."

MadEmperor

Meanwhile, Dan hurried to the camp to fill in his parents. He was optimistic that they would agree to the plan.

The two mages nodded resolutely and disappeared from the tent to get started.

Grav followed Kiara back to Kit and explained to the dragon what they needed him to do. He was a little worried that his winged friend would resent being asked to play the bloodhound but it was the best idea they had.