Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stairway to Cleven

Started by visualspice, January 25, 2023, 12:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Yeah.. well, I didn't consider the consequences. Besides, I can't help it I'm not full orc," she huffed.  But she nodded when he said he'd simply lead the way.
"Just stay alert. I can only do so much with limited eye sight in the dark."

But at the same moment he sensed something, she sensed something was off.. and paused, a hand on his shoulder.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

MadEmperor

Thrax gave a soft, quiet grunt of assent that he, too, sensed it. He silently readied Stormsong as if stalking prey on the Serha. But he wasn't holding it like an axe. Suddenly, he strummed a chord, sending forth a bolt of lightning that struck some kind of magic shield. A magic shield cast by a menacing robed figure.

"Found you!" the gnoll bard growled through a dangerous grin.

visualspice

Gemla jerked her hand back, almost jumping clean from her skin as the musical note struck out at the thrum of magics before them. 

She didn't know what to think, suddenly confronted with something even a dragon seemed wary...

Yet, as it's body spun and its wild eyes stared upon them- this creature..no, person? Cowered back, as if confused. 
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

MadEmperor

Thrax hesitated. This was the terror that the dragon was so eager to protect the world from? Sure, he reeked of corrupted magic, but he didn't appear to understand what was happening around him. The bard had imagined some vile fiend, not this.

"Easy, easy," he said, lowering his instrument. "This doesn't have to be a fight. We just want to stop the damage from spreading."

visualspice

Gemla's hand shot out as she grabbed onto his arm, wardingly.  

The man continued to cower, trembling, shaking - with snot and tears running down his face. 

"Thrax.." she hissed under her breath. "There was a reason the dragon was hostile. We shouldn't just approach just because it's not what we expected. "

MadEmperor

"Of course not," the bard whispered sharply. "I'm not some naïve idiot. I just think we should hear him out. I, for one, want to know what he thought he was doing with that kid. Don't you?"

To the corrupted mage, he said, "Why don't you tell us your side of the story? Your jailer was light on the details. We only know what we've seen, which is a kid at death's door because of you. What were you trying to accomplish?"

visualspice

Gemla frowned. She understood...but...

"Are you sure it's wise? I mean...  isn't this why the dragon ought to handle it? She was his ward..." 

So to speak. 

MadEmperor

Thrax took a slow breath. She had a point. He had to trust the Storm Guardian.

"Fair. And he's less likely to try anything in her presence."

visualspice

Gemla's frown deepened. 
"If it were so simple.. she wouldn't be worried," she reminded, whispering. 

Her eyes never left the cowering man before them who finally sputtered out. 

"Back away, monsters! Back away!"

Gemla blinked.

Oh.. right.  Had she really forgotten she was a half orc and he.. a gnoll? She turned to look at Thrax. 

"Got any bright ideas?"

MadEmperor

Being called a monster always hurt, but something about this particular instance softened the pain. This corrupted mage who experimented on a child had no right to call anyone a monster. He had almost forgotten that.

"Just this once, I feel like showing someone exactly what they want to see. How about you? Because this guy has no room to talk."

visualspice

Gemla frowned.
"Would that be wise?" Her frowned deepened.  If a dragon worried about this man...

She hadn't kept her eyes off of the cowering man, so when she felt the strange tickling sensation of static....

Her eyes widened.

"Is that you, Thrax, or him?"

MadEmperor

"It's not me." Thrax frowned, tensing for a fight. The situation suddenly felt much more dangerous.

He allowed pure, clean storm magic to radiate from Stormsong. It was his hope that such a potent source of uncorrupted magic would be enough to disrupt whatever spell was being worked by the seemingly confused mage. It didn't matter if it was an act, the magical energy pouring off of him was a threat.