Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Walk of Dreams

Started by visualspice, September 21, 2023, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadEmperor

Ghaej was old enough to know the power dreams held and that when they demanded your attention, it was best to give it. His own told him time and time again that he had not yet served his purpose. He had assumed he had spoiled his chance to do so, but perhaps meeting Persea was no mere coincidence.

"If someone or something indeed conspires against you, perhaps destiny nudged me onto your path to tip the scales in your direction. Humility aside, I am uniquely suited to see you safely to your destination."

visualspice

Persea felt herself warm. Was it from the venom? Could it still affect her? She even felt sweaty...
Surely she couldn't simply be flushed. The Shah did not simply blush over such things. She ignored it.  The day had been so long... so she simply nodded at the statement  .

"Hakeshna works miracles through us all everyday. Though tell me... were fate not to pull you towards my caravan.. where would that storm have taken you?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

MadEmperor

"Merely to the nearest settlement for fresh supplies. I never stay in one place for long, lest people become too curious about the mask," Ghaej answered. If he put much stock in the color in her cheeks, he chose not to comment on it.

"Becoming attached to any one place has only ended in heartache."

visualspice

She eyed him over; quiet and thoughtful.

"And do you not fear those consequences now?" She found herself asking, genuinely curious. 
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

MadEmperor

Ghaej regarded her with curiosity of his own. "That depends; Am I going to be by your side long enough to find myself attached? Or are we to part at O'dhavbarr?"

Becoming a Shah's protector again was a tempting prospect. Enough that he was reluctant to get his hopes up.

visualspice

Persea's cheeks flushed hotter. She.. that's not exactly what she meant. 

.. was it?

She studied him as she held her tongue. Best not to say too much, not that she knew what to say. 

"It will depend on what happens when we get to O'dhavbarr."

MadEmperor

"Indeed, my Shah."

He wondered curiously why his words flustered her so. Was it his appearance, or was there something more to it? He doubted O'dhavbarr would clarify that.

visualspice

"This night.. we are to use The Telling  ropes to interpret my dreams. It.. should confirm what we question," She said.  

A male priest nearby nodded and bowed his head.

"We are hopeful they'll continue to point the way. Such vivid dreams from our Shah .. and reoccurring ones at that, are rare indeed. We must continue to analyze them.. to see what they say. We will also have sky watchers and scribes to dictate should  the heavens wish to help show us the path ." The priest said. He lowered his head reverently. 

MadEmperor

"Far be it from me to delay you any further." Ghaej bowed his head to the Shah. "With your leave, I will keep watch outside in case any other dangers decide to interrupt you."

visualspice

The Shah felt herself tense at that. Twice in one day this man had saved her life. What a strange twist of luck. And although she hardly knew this man, she felt relieved he offered to remain on guard.

"Very well. After my tent is checked again to confirm there are no more scorpions, I shall retire to the night."

What would the dreams tell her now? She felt anxious, considering all that has occured.

MadEmperor

Ghaej spent the night sleeplessly watching over the camp like a statue. He simply no longer expressly required sleep, though it did help to delay his need to draw energy from a living source. But he was the only protection the Shah and her priests had, and so he didn't have the luxury of rest.

As the sun rose once more without another incident, he grew anxious to get moving. Time, he feared, was not on their side.

visualspice

It was as it was before- and all the days past.

The dream..that horrible dream but this time- while she awoke with a start- she did not scream, although her body was  entangled and had pulled upon the ropes throughout her room.

The priests were alerted she'd awaken and were soon crowding inside the tent, fussing and trying to make notes of the ropes movements during the night.

She had stepped outside, offered a cup of fresh brewed coffee, and sipped the bitter drink as she stared off towards the rising sun. It was then she noted Ghaej, standing before the tent.

Had he been guarding her the whole night?

MadEmperor

"Good morning, my Shah," the warrior said with a polite quarter-bow. "Was your troubled sleep at least illuminating?"

He rather doubted that anything new would be learned before they reached the sacred spring. Few things were that easy, least of all matters of destiny. It seemed certain that there would be a need for him before they arrived.

visualspice

She stared up at him thoughtfully. 

"You presumed it to be troubled?" She asked, genuinely curious. Although she shouldn't have been surprised.

MadEmperor

"Why would last night have been an exception? Nothing has yet been done to alleviate the root cause, whatever that may be. Until then, I fear your recurring dreams will continue," Ghaej responded with an air of time-earned wisdom.

"Or that of which you are being warned has already come to pass."

visualspice

She wanted to be mad at him, for being right. But she held her tongue.  She had asked and he was just being honest.

"No.." she mused, nodding at the sentiment.  "No.. I think this journey has just begun. "

She looked away from him now, towards the horizon- towards the supposed direction of the oasis.  They would be there before the day was through, and she felt anxious.

"We should not dawdle.."

She said.. but not really all to him as she returned her focus to her entourage.

"We leave now! Clean up the campsite with haste!"

They were going to make it to the oasis of O'dhavbarr.

MadEmperor

Ghaej led the remains of the royal contingent onward, every step confident that he was headed in the right direction. The journey was as lonely as he was, empty of all but the simplest of desert creatures. Nothing of note occurred until, suddenly, he held up a hand to stop.

He climbed down from his mount and kneeled to examine some tracks in the sand. "A sand drake passed here recently. I advise caution. They are known to ambush travelers.""

visualspice

She had been traveling within her palanquin, the sun off her form as was blocked by layers of decorative, sheer curtains and beads. So when they stopped, she frowned and questioned it- but then it was reported the commands came from the masked one.

"A sand drake?" She questioned, frowning at her servants.  "Well go ahead and ask him what we ought to do-" She went on with a wave of her hand. The servants scattered and one approached Ghaej as he surveyed the land.

"Sir.. the Shah wishes to know your thoughts on this.. how should we proceed?"

MadEmperor

"Stay put for the moment. I will follow the tracks and discover whether it is on our path." Ghaej wasted no more time talking before mounting Luna and following the tracks.

He wasn't even out of sight before a massive lizard the size of a horse burst from the dune beside him. It was only thanks to his experienced eyes that he stopped short, saving his kaadir from an untimely demise. He leaped from Luna's back, drawing his blade mid-air and coming down on the beast, piercing its back.

visualspice

Persea watched the fight unfold. At first she was too shocked to react, then she was quickly barking commands at her soldiers. 

"Quickly now! Help him slay the beast!"

The men saluted and dashed off across the sands, spears at the ready.