Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Transported to Another World and Dropped in Magic Goo

Started by MadEmperor, January 16, 2024, 02:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadEmperor

Now that he thought about it, he was surprisingly hungry. He had just eaten before driving home and that wasn't that long ago, by his recollection. Nodding, he took a banana and peeled it.

The wild banana was nothing like the ones sold at the store. It was chewy and full of hard seeds. But it tasted fantastic, so it felt worth the trouble. "Mmm... I don't know if it's because it's wild or because I'm not from around here, but these aren't anything like the bananas where I'm from."

Still, it was heartening that the strange world he found himself in wasn't completely alien, for it had panthers and bananas. Perhaps it wasn't so different here.

Nahashsan

Besach munched on their own bananas, pausing every now and then to spit out a seed. "There are several types of bananas that grow wild around there. These are one of the better varieties" they commented as they peeled another one.

That was one down side to being so large, you had to eat a lot. That was even more true since they weren't eating any calorie dense meat.

MadEmperor

Connor was abnormally hungry for his size, somehow keeping pace with the large demon. He noted that this was strange, but chalked it up to the stress he was under.

His mind was currently more concerned with learning what kind of place he had arrived in. "What kind of place is this Preivuhn? I know you can't tell me much if you aren't welcome there, but anything you can tell me will help me figure out just how far from home I am."

Nahashsan

Besach had only been through the town twice. Both times were unpleasant. "Preivuhn is a small trading outpost. The smaller villages bring goods from the jungle to trade in town. From there the goods move to Essyrn in the desert. Hmm let me think what else, it is mainly home to humans but also home to elves and others."

MadEmperor

The mention of elves nearly caused Connor to spit out a mouthful of banana. Elves! That was all the proof he needed that he was in some fantasy land. The thought... the thought was equal parts terrifying and exciting.

"Holy shit... I really did it... I really am in a different world," he said, wonderstruck, throwing caution to the wind by telling the demon that. He had no way of knowing how he would react to a being who didn't belong.

Nahashsan

Besach was confused by Connors excitement. Why would elves be so exciting and what did he mean by fantasy world.

"Where exactly are you from?" They asked the excitable human.

MadEmperor

"A place called Colorado. We don't have elves and demons walking around anywhere outside of our imaginations," he answered excitedly, growing enamored with the idea. "No magic of any kind really."

His eyes went wide and twinkling. "Oh! Do you have dragons?! And, if so, are any of them friendly or do they just eat people?"

Nahashsan

They chuckled at Connors excitement. "We do have dragons but I have never met one. I hear that they ride them in Adela." He replied.

MadEmperor

"Ooo... so they aren't just monsters? Sweet," Connor grinned.

He made a worried face. "Shit. Do you have monsters? That... would be decidedly less exciting. I don't want to get eaten. Surely I didn't get brought here just to get eaten. Assuming there even was a purpose, anyway."

Nahashsan

'Monsters' Besach had to think about this one. Sure there there were dangerous animals, but they wouldn't go so far as to call them monsters. Then again, when you are a 7'4" demon you have a different idea of what constitutes a monster.

"I don't think any animals are going to eat you if that is what you are worried about." They said reassuringly. "How did you wind up in that pool of goo if you don't mind me asking" They added.

MadEmperor

"I was riding home on my-" God, how do I explain a motorcycle... "Let's just call it a mechanical horse, sort of. Anyway, it was raining, and I couldn't see the edge of the cliff until it was too late, so I went over. Next thing I know, I'm falling into a glowing pool in the middle of a jungle."

"There are these stories where I'm from about people being transported to other worlds and finding their destiny there. Imagine my surprise to find myself in one." He chuckled awkwardly, not quite ready to truly find the humor in it. "I doubt there's some grand destiny for me, though. That only exists in stories."

Nahashsan

Besach didn't know what this mechanical horse was but they were curious.

" I believe we make our own destinies. Every decision big or small effects the future. If you want a grand destiny seize the rains of you life and make it happen."

MadEmperor

Connor gave a rueful chuckle. He had squandered his first opportunity to do just that, caving beneath the weight of it, and it ruined his life. Seizing this chance was something he was unsure he could do.

"I don't know if I know how to do that. I'm..." He looked down at his bare feet. "I'm a weak person, Besach. I've never had the resolve to see things through."

Nahashsan

"Thats ok, not everyone get to rescue the princess and save the kingdom. I choose to live in the middle of the jungle knowing there won't be epics written about me. You don't have to do grand things to live a full life." They said, speaking from experience. They had learned that doing nothing was doing something.

MadEmperor

"I don't want to be a hero. I just..." he answered, sighing. "I just want to matter. I'm sick and tired of feeling worthless and invisible. And maybe a fresh start in a place where nobody knows me will give me that chance."

With a rueful chuckle, he added, "Could've done without the pool of disgusting ooze, though. And I'm not a fan of this muggy jungle either."

Nahashsan

"Hey now, this muggy jungle is my home." They said with a chuckle. "But it is about time we start moving. Your clothes should be dry by now. Lets go get you your fresh start!"

MadEmperor

"Yeah. Let's." Connor smiled.

A few hours later...

The young man trailed after the kind demon as he led the way through the jungle. His clothes were already wet with sweat; his body was unaccustomed to such heat. At least, that's what he assumed. In actuality, his system was reacting to the foreign substance that had entered his body when he swallowed some of the mysterious slime, attempting to fight what it was doing to him.

Suddenly, he stumbled. Looking down, he saw why; he was standing in a large, deep footprint. "Uh... Besach?" he inquired nervously. "Wh-what left this?"

Nahashsan

They had to walk slow for Connor to keep up since they were so much taller. Even so they were still a good ways ahead when Connor called out. Turning around they stopped to look at the tracks.

The tracks had three toes in the front and one in the back like a large bird. Looking around there was only two tracks. Whatever made it was to big to move in the dense undergrowth. Looking up there was a hole in the canopy over were Connor stood. A bright beam of sunlight piercing the jungle.

"I think what we have here is a giant condor. I doubt it would go after you but I suggest we keep moving incase it comes back."

MadEmperor

"Y-yes... let's not be here," Connor said, hating the tremble in his voice as he hastened to the demon's side. He felt like such a coward and wished he didn't have to be so weak.

"I hate relying on you so much. I don't even have anything to offer in return."

Nahashsan

"You offer companionship and to me that means a lot" they replied.  Being in the jungle alone gets lonesome. Besach was enjoying having someone to talk to.