Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Transported to Another World and Dropped in Magic Goo

Started by MadEmperor, January 16, 2024, 02:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadEmperor

"Yeah, but... once we reach Preivuhn, we might not ever run into each other again. That's not a very lasting friendship." Connor sighed. "I'd feel a lot better if I could at least contribute something. I'm done feeling useless."

Things had to change if he was going to survive. He had a strong feeling that people who couldn't carry their own weight in this world and weren't nobility didn't last long. Perhaps his meager understanding of modern science could give him an edge, assuming his memory cleared up. He remembered all the important parts of his life; it was just the fine details that were hazy. Basically, he wouldn't be upending the status quo of his new home with his advanced knowledge any time soon, if ever.

Something watched them from the undergrowth with hunger in its slitted eyes. The demon would doubtless have scared it off... if it were alone. As predators do, they silently stalked around the pair, preparing to attack the weaker target.

Nahashsan

"Don't worry about it to much, the universe has a way of working things out."

Besach didn't hear the beast approaching. They were making to much noise crash through the undergrowth.

MadEmperor

The universe is, unfortunately, a real jerk when it wants to be. Suddenly, a scaled beast burst from the underbrush between the pair, separating them in an instant. Connor found himself too frozen in fear to even cry out as three more surrounded him.

They were like leopards, but with distinctive reptilian features mixed in with their spotted fur and a pair of tendrils extending from the backs of their heads. The ends of these tendrils lit up with crackling electricity as they paced around the defenseless human.

Connor, desperately trying to be brave, finally found his voice. "Back! Get back!" he shouted, grabbing a fallen branch, which he waved about in an effort to defend himself. It was large enough that he was surprised at how easy it was to handle but he chalked that up to adrenaline. He wasn't aware of the patches of green on his shoulders expanding.

Nahashsan

Besach spun around to find a beast between them and Connor. They watched as Connor grabbed up a branch and started waving it around. He's going to get himself killed, was the first thought that came to mind.

They moved forward cautiously, watching out for the tendrils whipping around. Once in reach they grabbed the creatures tail and pull as hard as they could hoping to draw its attention. With it distracted Connor might be able to get a hit in.

MadEmperor

Besach's superior strength was enough to whip the animal into a tree with a loud thud. It wasn't gravely injured but, for the moment, it was stunned. One of the others broke off from menacing Connor and charged the demon.

Meanwhile, Connor recklessly swung his poor excuse for a weapon at the nearest creature but became unbalanced and missed wildly. Seizing the opportunity to attack, the beast snapped its tendrils forward to give the human a powerful shock that dropped him twitching to the ground.

Nahashsan

Besach spun around and smacked the charging creature in the face with their boney club tail. They turned back around just in time see Connor hit the ground. Grabbing a large rock they threw it and hit the menacing creature in the ribs with a wet thud.

MadEmperor

The single, unharmed creature let out a strange call and several other voices responded; the rest of the pack was coming. Any advantage the pair had would disappear if they didn't get moving before the reinforcements arrived.

Connor screamed as the same beast took hold of his leg with plans to drag him away. He furiously—and awkwardly—kicked at it with his free leg and, miraculously, kicked it square in the face with surprising force. The startled beast released him and backed away, its nose bleeding badly.

"Take that, you stupid cat-lizard!" the human said, still slightly dazed by the earlier shock. He tried to get back to his feet but couldn't quite manage it.

Nahashsan

Hearing the call for reinforcements go out Besach rushed forward and grabbed up Connor. They were no fighter and was afraid of being overwhelmed. It was only luck and their immense size and strength that had held them off so far.

Could they out run the creatures? If not could they be chased off? So many questions and no real answers. Only time would tell.

MadEmperor

Connor panicked for a second before realizing it wasn't another creature dragging him. There was no time for him to recover enough to run, so he didn't protest the indignity of being carried like a house pet. "Go! Go! Go!" he urged, feeling utterly useless.

The creatures gave chase, scrambling through the underbrush in a mad dash to secure their meal. Besach's long stride kept them just ahead of the pack but they weren't getting any further away. The sound of rushing water grew in the near distance—a river! That could be their salvation!

Nahashsan

As they ran the sound of water grew loader and loader until it was a dull roar. As they broke through the undergrowth Besach came to a sliding stop. They were at the top of a cliff 25 or 30 feet high. Below was churning rapids full of rocks. Down stream from them was a waterfall of unknown height.

They were trapped. Besach sat Connor down. They need both hand to defend themselves.

The creatures came through the bush one at a time and fanned out in a half circle. Having learned from the first attack they didn't rush instead they stood watch and waited for a opening.

MadEmperor

Connor managed to stand on his own, having recovered from the alpha creature's shocking touch. He felt oddly invigorated, as if his muscles were supercharged by the electrical discharge. Should Besach look, he would see more of that green skin creeping up the human's neck.

"Any bright ideas?" the human asked as he gave a silent prayer for a way to fight the creatures off.

Nahashsan

Besach just shook their head no. They were now out numbered four to one. To jump was suicide but did you fight something with that long of a reach much less eight of them.

They really wish they had learned how to do use their magic. They knew their species of demon inherently had blood magic but they had no idea how to use it.

MadEmperor

Connor was at wit's end, trying to think up a way to get through this alive but to no avail. He wasn't equipped for handling one of the beasts, let alone eight. Things weren't looking good.

Suddenly, a strange idea entered his mind, as if once more he were being given a choice: did he want to accept sharing his body in exchange for the ability to survive? His death would take his mysterious passenger with him. He could trust that much. Besides, what choice did he really have?

Yes.

His eyes took on a glow as he gained another gift. Casting his right arm forward in a pushing motion, a wave of force flew out and flung the alpha against a tree with enough force to crack the trunk. The other creatures were instantly at a loss for what to do without their leader and began fighting each other for dominance.

Nahashsan

Besach hadn't expected magic from Connor.

With the alpha out the pack disintegrated. A couple of the weaker ones ran off while the rest turned on each other. The problem was they still had the pair backed up to a cliff.

Besach wait for an opening then lashed out with their claws when to closest creature turned its back. Their razor sharp claws cut deep, drawing blood. As soon as they touched the blood they changed.  Their long black hair started to glow like hot embers.

MadEmperor

Connor wasn't entirely sure how he did that or if he could even do it again. But he could no longer deny that the mystery goo had infected—joined with?—him and together he and his passenger(s) were becoming something else. How was he not freaking out about the idea of becoming something other than human? That question had to wait until they were safe.

The young man sidestepped a charging beast and threw another magical psionic wave. It was much weaker than the attack that birthed this strange ability but it still sent his target ass over tea kettle and over the cliff with a surprised yowl.

"Hah! This is awesome!" He couldn't resist the grin that crept over his face.

Nahashsan

Besach watched as Connor pust another one off the cliff and thought, good one less to deal with. They had taken out one, Connor had taken out two, and two had ran away. That left only three to go, easy right.

Acting on instinct they reached out with their right hand and fire flew from their fingertips. The next nearest one was bathed in flames. In a panic it jumped into the river below. Only two left to go.

MadEmperor

The final two hesitated for a long moment before deciding their prey wasn't worth the trouble and running away.

Connor started laughing, somewhat hysterically. The strangeness of his day was finally getting to him. Using the Force had put him over the edge. "Well, that apparently happened."

Nahashsan

They watched as the last two ran away.  With the immediate threat over they found themselves exhausted. The fire faded and they returned back to normal.  The magic gone once again.

Besach turned to Connor who was over the moon with excitement. "That certainly did happen" they replied. "Now not to alarm you but the green on you back is growing" they added.

MadEmperor

Connor sighed. "Yeah... I figured as much. I don't really like it but I think I know what's going on with me. I think... I think that goo was alive. Some of it is part of me now."

He looked at Besach. He wasn't scared, but he was worried about what the end result would be and what that meant for finding a way home. "And I think I'm already not entirely human anymore."

Nahashsan

They hated to admit it but the fight had been exhilarating. They could see why other demons lived to fight. The magic was something else. There was a power there that would be easy the lose oneself in.

"I wish I knew what to say but this is all new to me." They replied