Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Transported to Another World and Dropped in Magic Goo

Started by MadEmperor, January 16, 2024, 02:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadEmperor

( @Nahashsan )

Deep in the jungle, a mysterious pool sat, undisturbed by person or beast. It glowed softly, casting an eerie green light on the lush vegetation surrounding it. Occasionally, a bubble broke the surface of the viscous fluid.

Suddenly, the lone, screaming figure of Connor Evans plummeted out of the sky. He splashed into the pool with a thick schlurp. Panicking, he fought his way to the surface and spilled out onto the shore. Rising to his hands and knees, he proceeded to wretch and spit up a sizeable amount of both the mysterious substance and his dinner.

"Oh God, what is this shit..." he moaned queasily.

When he finally looked up and saw jungle, he muttered, "The fu... How-where?"

Nahashsan

Besach was foraging for lunch when they heard a loud splash and what might have been talking. Curious the lumbering demon sat down their collection of greens and mushrooms and made their way toward the sound.  Ducking to fit under some low hanging branches their crimson form emerged from the undergrowth. The strange pool of green goo stood between them.

MadEmperor

Hearing the heavy footfalls and crackling branches, Connor awkwardly whirled around, falling on his butt in the process. What he saw made him scream and shuffle back, even though the pool was between them.

His mind raced. What even was that thing?! It looked like a-was he in Hell? Did he seriously die and go to Hell? What did he do to deserve that?! Was not going to church really enough to earn eternal torment?

He tried to get up and run, but the shock of the crash and his current situation kept him locked to the ground. And he couldn't tell if the warmth he felt was from the goo or if he had peed himself in fear.

Nahashsan

Here we go again, Besach thought as the strangely dressed human began to scream. Everyone always overreacted when they met the demon. It was a curse they desperately wanted to break.

They crouched down to be at the same level as the human. "There is no need for screaming, I mean you no harm." they held up their hands, each of which was topped with lond black claws and gave smile.

MadEmperor

Connor didn't understand a word the demon said. And in the human's current state of mind, the demon's smile looked like a beast baring its teeth.

"<Please don't eat me>," he pleaded shakily, equally undecipherable to the demon.

Nahashsan

Besach didn't know what language the human was speaking but it wasn't on that they knew. Standing back up to their full 7'4" height they started to make their way around the pool.

They pondered the slimy pool. Besach had lived in the area for years but didn't remember ever seeing it before. "Where did you come from" they ask.

MadEmperor

Connor continued to stare in frozen horror at the thing coming towards him, doubtlessly to tear him apart. For a moment, he wished he could understand what it was saying but, on second thought, he wasn't so sure he wanted to know whatever vile things it was saying.

Maybe... maybe dying to it was preferably to whatever swallowing that vile gunk was going to do to him. Yeah, that was probably right; anything that glowed like that was probably radioactive, and radiation sickness was a terrible way to go. At least, that's what he learned in... where did he learn that again? He couldn't quite recall why he knew that.

That... had to be shock... right?

Nahashsan

They came within ten feet or so of the human and sat down and waited. Why was the human freaking out so much and why did he not speak normal. Demons weren't that uncommon and besides they was a runt. Their wings never even grew in all the way.

Besach waited and watched, mindlessly play with grass as they did.

MadEmperor

Connor absolutely did not expect the demon to just sit there, innocently playing with the grass. Had he misread the situation? He now truly did wish he could understand what it had been saying.

Suddenly, he felt a bizarre tingle all over, though it only lasted an instant. An unspoken message passed through his mind: his wish would be granted if he willed, but he would have to surrender a bit of his body to... whatever was inside him. The thought confused him. It was as if something had spoken inside his mind. Some instinct told him to accept the terms.

His head blossomed into pain. Cradling it in his hands, he let out a cry of agony. Then, the pain vanished.

Nahashsan

They watch as the humans expression went from fear to pain. Without thinking they moved forward closing the last of the distance between them.  "Are you okay" they ask forgetting that the human didn't seem to speak any language they knew.

MadEmperor

"I think so," the human answered, the meaning of his words entering Besach's mind as they were spoken.

Realizing that he had understood the demon in the same way, he jerked his head towards the concerned being. "I... understood you..."

He thought back to the strange flash of understanding that told him he could will himself to understand. "Was that you in my head?"

Nahashsan

"And I you" they replied with a smile.

They gave a confused look tilting their head to one side. "I don't think so, no it wasn't me." They said in response to the question. "What was said?" They asked tilting their head the other direction.

MadEmperor

Connor couldn't believe he was talking to a huge demon like he was some good Samaritan, but maybe that's all he was. He certainly seemed genuine.

He screwed up his face as he fought to put his experience into words. "I just suddenly knew I could decide to be able to communicate..." he answered, leaving out the part where he had to surrender something of himself. If not the demon's offer, then it could only...

No, that's ridiculous. It was just sludge.

Nahashsan

"You might want to wash that slime off, it reeks of magic" they said gesturing at the pool of magic goo. "No telling what it could do"

MadEmperor

Connor looked down at the slime drenching his body and clothes. He took on a fresh, disgusted expression. "Yeah..." he said with a nervous chuckle. "This shit's nasty."

He looked at the oddly friendly demon and finally got past the ridiculousness of the situation enough to become suspicious. "You swear this isn't a trick and you aren't going to eat me the second I'm clean?"

Idiot. Of course it's going to say what I want to hear. The idea that demons can't lie is stupid.

Nahashsan

They turned to study the pool of goo. Something about its magic felt familiar in a nostalgic kind of way but they couldn't place the memory.  It was curious.

Besach laughed softly to themself.  "No I won't eat you, I don't eat meat so you are  perfectly safe with me." The talk of food reminded them that the had been in the middle of foraging for lunch.

MadEmperor

A vegetarian demon? Now he'd heard everything. He couldn't help but laugh.

"Sorry. I didn't expect that. So... where can I get clean? And I don't suppose you have anything I can wear while I figure out how to get these clean?"

Nahashsan

"If you want to follow me I can show you where a nice stream is. As for the clothes  that I can't help you with since I don't really own any." They gestured at themself. The demon was dress in only a loincloth. Here in the hot jungle they didn't really have a need for anything more.

It finally hit them, were they had felt this magic before. Back at the spawning pool were they came from. The color was different and the magic not identical but it was similar. It was theorized that Demons were actually born on a different plain and the spawning pools were just gateways into this world but since no demons had memories of this, it was just a theory.

MadEmperor

Connor let out a slow, annoyed sigh. Great. Stuck wherever this was without pants. Fantastic.

With no better choice than to go along with the demon, he nodded. "Lead on."

Nahashsan

"Please follow me" they said and started walking. Even sticking to the well beaten path Besach had to duck regularly to avoid branches. 

"I am Besach, by what name do you go by" they ask as they lead the way. While not a hard walk the heat of the steaming jungle meant they had worked up a good sweat.

Before long the sound of running water could be heard. As they rounded the last corner of the trail the stream came into view. The stream was about six feet wide and foot and a half deep. Large rocks jutted up causing little ripples on the surface. The stream plunged over a small waterfall and emptied into a deep pool in a large clearing were the sun could reach the jungle floor.