Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

MadEmperor's Wants & Limits

Started by MadEmperor, January 14, 2023, 12:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadEmperor

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I'm partial to action and adventure plots. Friendly relationships, be it a traditional friend or a friendly rival.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Political plots.

What are your favorite character types to play?
Animalistic non-humans or a human with an altered appearance.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I like to wing it.

How do you feel about group threads?
Fine as long as they don't move too fast for me to keep up.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I can reply every day and most EST daytime hours. If I don't reply in two or three days, feel free to nudge me. I've probably just overlooked it.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
Let's say a week. I like it faster than that but slow is better than no role-playing at all. I'm very flexible.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
Used to do it all the time. No problems with it, but it's been a while since I have.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
One on one, it's not only okay but it's what I'm used to.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Short is what I'm used to.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
Can't think of anything.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
I have trouble with really the long posts that I see on most forums. I chose SoE because it allows for the kind of paragraph or two posting I'm experienced with.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are your limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
No direct control, please.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
I have more experience with heterosexual character relationships but am perfectly willing to play a same-sex one. I do like a little pre-plotting for the broad strokes.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
Sex: Nothing very explicit.
Violence: No limits that I can currently think of.
Drugs: Nothing too self-destructive.
Sexual Assault: Don't want to see, except maybe inappropriate touching would be okay if that counts.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
The pregnancy itself is fine, and birth if not described in detail.

What about healing?
Healing new injuries is fine. Ask OOC about anything else.

What about characters being transformed against their will?
I have no problem with it. In fact, I encourage it. But give me a heads up first, especially if it would last. Hard no on vampirism.

Anything else?
I am not especially skilled at "show, don't tell," so please tell me if I'm falling to get a character's personality across.