Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Chance Meeting (MadEmperor)

Started by Saber, January 21, 2023, 08:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber

Giving an affirmative nod she explained.

"Oh yes Rogar is absolutely excited. Ulric told him and the troll ran to the woods to train for a little bit until it's time."

MadEmperor

"Fantastic!"

Deciding that a little training was a terrific idea, he stowed Stormsong and started stretching to loosen up.

"I'd ask if you wanted to spar, but I'd rather save our fight for the crowd."

Also, he wasn't a seasoned fighter. He knew he might not even last long enough to ever face her in the ring. It would be fun to find out, though."

Saber

"We've see what happens. Good luck Thrax."

Meeta answered before heading out to do her own training session.

MadEmperor

The tournament was quickly upon them. The caravan gathered around the ring, an excited murmur filling the air. All fell silent as Thrax took center stage with a rousing chord.

"Ladies and not-so-gentle men, blackguards and rapscallions, the time you've been waiting for is here!" He reveled in the attention, his dynamic voice carrying over the throng so that none could ignore him. "Now, for your enjoyment and gambling pleasure, we have selected seventeen fighters — it's okay, two are competing together because goblins are tiny — to compete for a glorious cash prize!"

"First up! We have quite the opening act lined up for you. In this corner..." — He motioned to a dark-haired man with ruddy skin climbing onto the platform, his back emblazoned with a lion tattoo— "... stands one of the Adelan coast's greatest swordsmen. His visage is even more frightening than mine. The Black Lion himself, Gedran Dane!!"

The crowd roared as Thrax continued. "And in this corner... You've seen what she can do, and I think I speak for all of us when I say we can't wait to see more! Give it up for the Essyrni Tigress, Meeta Nefertari!!

Saber

Meeta fired several jabs before bouncing back and forth from her corner. Her newest opponent seemed quite capable. This should be interesting. All around them the crowd shouted their demand for combat while others placed their bets. Keeping both eyes on Gedran she cracked her knuckles in anticipation.

Then a gong was rung and Meeta came out of her corner in a fighting stance, circling the Adelan warrior.

As that happened from among the audience a massive and gray bearded orc looked on with several of his kin. Turning to his daughter right beside him commented.

"So that the human who bested you Ghorza. I admit it does seems like she has a fighting spirit."

MadEmperor

The female orc humbled by Meeta grimaced with simmering fury. "I underestimated her. It won't happen a second time."

Dane bounced in place like an experienced pugilist, watching his opponent for an opening. He decided to make the first move and lunged forward with a lightning-quick jab.

Saber

Meeta staggered back as the punch struck her in the left side of the face. Immediately she fired back with an elbow aimed toward Dane's jaw.

The orcish chieftain bellowed out loud in laughter.

"Good, good my daughter. Savor and focus that rage you've need it in this tournament."

As for Ulric he sat beside Thrax drinking from wineskin. Sighing with pleasure the dwarf said to himself.

"We're going to make so much coin from this."

MadEmperor

"Hells yeah we are." The young gnoll grinned eagerly as he lit up some pipe weed, taking in a puff from a pipe made from a raven's skull.

The blow grazed Dane as he dodged to the side. He paid her back by aiming an uppercut at the Essyrni's side.

Saber

Meeta dodged by rolling out of the way. Getting up she circled Dane again before charging again before making a feint with the left fist but instead fired a right hook aimed at her opponent's jaw.

MadEmperor

The crowd cheered as the blow connected, but he leaned back at the last moment, diminishing the impact. He staggered back and spit out a small amount of blood before grinning at her. "First blood goes to you, lass."

He charged in with a one-two punch followed by a kick to her calf. This time, he was faster.

Meanwhile, Thrax took a puff and looked at the dwarf. "Our girl has her work cut out for her with this one."

Saber

Blocking the first punch Meeta grunted when struck in the gut by the second. She fell due to the kick but rolled away again.

"You're not so bad yourself." The Essnyri admitted with her fists raised again. Springing forward Meeta fired a three punch combo toward Dane's upper body.

Ulric nodded in agreement. "It can go either way."

MadEmperor

Dane blocked two of the three, with the third knocking some of the air out of his lungs. He recovered quickly, returning with a knee to her gut.

Saber

The Essnyri gasped in pain before retaliating with an attempted headbutt to Dane's face.

MadEmperor

Dane danced back just in time. He laughed and attempted to land a right-hook on her jaw.

Saber

Meeta blocked the punch with both hand before throwing a kick aiming in-between Dane's legs.

MadEmperor

Dane had not expected such a dishonorable tactic. His cod piece may have protected his ability to procreate, but he was still left stumbling back with his hands cupping his jewels. He would be easy pickings now.

The human males in the crowd booed. Thrax and various other "uncultured" non-humans, however, were laughing hysterically.

Saber

Showing no hesitation Meeta went on the offensive. She fired a four punch combo at Dane before jumping with a spinning kick aimed for his head.

MadEmperor

The crowd roared as Dane went spinning to the ground. The swordsman didn't move.

Thrax hopped onto the platform and raised his voice. "Oh!  Dane is down for the count! Ten! Nine! Will he recover, or did the fight end with that brutal combo?! Eight! Seven! Six! I don't know what's going to hurt longer, his pride or his nuts! Five! Four! Three! Two! One! Aaand he's out!"

He raised Meeta's arm to the sky, grinning. "Winner, Nefertari!"

Saber

Grinning at her victory Meeta nodded at Thrax. Subsequently she made her way out of the platform to rest for the time being.

MadEmperor

When the cheers finally died down, Thrax began again. He announced the next few fights with bombastic aplomb, filling the crowd with energy. He was born to be the center of attention.

"And now for the final bout of the preliminaries! I guarantee this one will tittilate, thrill, and amuse!  Never will you have seen such a bout!"

Might be overselling a little. Oh well!

"In this corner, dwarfing the competition--no offense to the actual dwarves--and frightening the children... he's powerful, he's tough, he probably has eaten at least one person, ROGAR THE MAULER!!"

When the enormous troll had taken his position, Thrax's voice lowered dramatically.

"And in this corner, we have a fighter who you already know quite well." He slowly stepped towards the corner, a hushed silence falling over the crowd. He wouldn't. Would he? "He's tall, he's rude, he's loud, he's handsome--if you're into that sort of thing--master of storms, master of ceremonies... ME!"

He turned to face Rogar, popping his neck. With a huge grin, he said, "Let's fight."