Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dragon wars (concept idea)

Started by Vixus, May 19, 2014, 02:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vixus

So I have an idea... two teams of riders: both light and dark. (Well, both neutral, 'cause to the "dark side" the light is in the wrong)

Both sides have riders with different talents, and support forces. Not all should be from the same world, but all should choose a "side" to be on. Although each team has a sworn enemy against members of the other team, there are disagreements between armies.

What I need help with:
- What should be the faction difference be? (Light vs. Dark, element vs. element, allegiance vs allegiance? etc.)
- Tam colors (... we need team colors)

Winters-Feather

Okay, is this for the open rp board, where everything goes, or for connan (?)/ this world rp?

If it's in game rp...

- adela is the country with dragon riders.  Other places don't, though Essyrn have kaadir, which are dragons without wings. Now... you want armies. That's a lot of people. Frankly, I don't think you'd be allowed to  lead an adelan war event.. not yet xD

- you're  going to need a strong reason for this. motives for both sides. way more important and crucial than team colors.

- It seems to me you just want fights on the backs of dragons. Taht's fine, but I don't think a war is necessary for that XD Especially since a war takes a shit lot of planning... ask VisualSpice or Rhi.  if you REALLY want an in game fight, keep it small? maybe between two knights or two small fractions which would have to be created?

Vixus

Team ideas:
(source: LBDNytetrayn ((Deviant-art)
Riders of the Storm-
Objective: conquer the land in order to control it... and make it prosper.
Diplomacy: enemies of all

(Source: predicons ((anime vice: open source)
Sunshine Masters-
Objective: protect the land from oppression.
Diplomacy: Enemies with riders of the storm

(Source: dragonmaster000 ((Deviant-art)
Om Ci'Kopri-

Objective: End the war in order to salvage what is left of the land... at any cost.
Diplomacy: Only attacks other factions who are in flight.

Winters-Feather

if you want to make guilds theres a link to that... also you need to site your art sources.

also how are these knights paid? they can't be military. are they mercs? or do they have their own country out in the mountains?

Vixus

I was thinking there all in the war for their own reasons- mostly a passion of a sort. Choosing their side because that's what they believe in.

And before you ask something else, is there somewhere to go that tells me what I need to know? (aka things your correcting me for)

Winters-Feather

right but before starting any event you're def. gonna want to know what's what. 

and yeah, no prob.

first off, guild page-  http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=1854.0

annnd the world page where you can find links to other countries and the like. : http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/world.php

also here's a link to the map of SOTE : http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=4549.0

Vixus

cited pictures.

Anything else? If so, please say so, and I'll add it tomorrow.

Winters-Feather

well sleep on the other stuff i suggested. and if you're serious you should probably start drafting and coming up with solid  ideas for these guilds. it might help with coming up with concrete observations. and i strongly suggest PM-ing mods about this and other ppl who do big event stuff.

yeah.

also why don't you amke a character first before jumping into events? get a feel for the board.

Vixus

Creation postponed... temporarily.