Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Four Guardians of Connloath/Serendipity

Started by MadEmperor, February 13, 2023, 10:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadEmperor

So, I'm pondering making a group of guardian beast spirits modeled after the Four Symbols in Asian mythology. Specifically the Japanese version because they use Earth/Wind/Fire/Water.

The basic idea is that, back when Connloathians and Serenians were one people, four magical beasts came into existence to protect the land. They were lost in the cataclysm that created Fell, but rematerialized centuries later into a very different world. They had been mostly forgotten, weakened, and their original domains blighted and cursed. They were forced to eek out new domains in the lands their protectees now called home. They may wander, but they get weaker the further away they get.

North: The White Tiger, Beast of Wind. Its true form is a giant white tiger with strangely patterned blue stripe. I left the animal/element the same, because I want this one as a character myself. North, because the other directions fit the other elements better.

East: The Blue Shoal, Beast of Water. Its true form is a massive school of blue fish. Was west once, but the sea is closer to the east in their new home region.

West: The Black Bear, Beast of Earth. Its true form is a giant bear with vegetation and stones sprouting from it. West, because of all the mountains.

South: The Red X, Beast of Fire. Phoenix, lizard, fire dragon, fox, lion, etc. South, because of Adela and Essryn.

If anyone has suggestions or wants to join me in actually making one a character, either respond here or on the SoE Discord.