Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Transported to Another World and Dropped in Magic Goo

Started by MadEmperor, January 16, 2024, 02:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadEmperor

"Connor," the young man answered as they walked. For the rest of the short journey he was lost in thought, pondering where he was and what he was going to do about it.

Upon reaching the stream, he finally asked the obvious question: "Where am I, anyway? I have no idea how I even got here... assuming this isn't, like, purgatory or something."

Nahashsan

"Nice to meet you Connor" they repied as they stop at the edge of the pool which looked cool and inviting. "I do not know this purgatory you speak of but this is the Kishahn jungle."

MadEmperor

"So... I'm not dead, and you're... well, are you a demon? You don't act like one. Of course, I've never actually met one. Didn't think they even existed, actually," Connor rambled as he began the task of peeling off his ruined shirt. The otherness of his demon in shining loincloth actually made the prospect of revealing his flabby body less embarrassing than it would be if Besach were another human being.

Nahashsan

"I'm pretty sure you are alive, and yes I'm a demon, just one with a complicated past." They answered matter of factly.  They didn't even seem to notice the human stripping down near them. A body was nothing to be shy about.

They walked into the pool up to their waist and sat down so that only their head was exposed. "Come on in, the water feels great."

MadEmperor

While he was a bit nervous about being in a vulnerable position around the demon, he wouldn't feel any safer alone. He was in a strange jungle with God-knows-what lurking in it. So, he waded in.

Besach was right; the relatively cool water was a great relief from the heat of the sweltering jungle. He wasted no time before beginning to wash the green slime off of himself.

Huh. Maybe that new diet is working. Funny I didn't notice before.

"So... this Kishahn place... is there, like, a city somewhere around here, or anywhere with other humans? If I'm ever going to find a way home, I figure I'd start there."

Nahashsan

"The nearest town of any size is Preivuhn and it's almost a weeks walk north of here." They said turning to face Connor. "I can take you most of the way but demons don't have the best reputation around humans, I doubt I would get a friendly welcome."

Besach had fled from his demon kin where he was abused to only be chased off by humans time and again. That was why he lived so far into the jungle. It was the only place he could find peace.

MadEmperor

Wherever he was, humans knew demons as a physical reality and not simply a concept. Shit, was this an Oz situation?

For that matter, what's Oz? Why couldn't he remember things clearly?

"I'm... sorry to hear that. You don't seem bad to me," he said after dunking his head in the water to try and get the ooze out of his hair.

Nahashsan

They were quiet for a long while before replying "I am a outcast among my kind, you are lucky that we meet and not 9ne of my kin."

MadEmperor

"Noted," Connor acknowledged before dunking his head a second time. Satisfied his hair was as clean as it was going to get without shampoo, he moved on to getting the rest of the substance off of his skin. Whatever toll he had paid for his ability to communicate had yet to make itself known to him.

He couldn't see the odd green patches on his back.

Nahashsan

A loud  growl emanated from Besach's stomach. For the second time reminding them that they still needed to eat. "I'm going to go find some food. You coming along" they ask as they stood up to leave the pool.

From their taller vantage point they notice something odd on Connors shoulders. It was green but didn't look like slime. "Also you have a green mark on you shoulders" he said.

MadEmperor

Connor felt a sense of dread at the statement. It meant that the sense that there was a physical price for his newfound ability wasn't his imagination. And it surely wouldn't stop at a green rash.

"Wh-what does it look like?" he asked nervously, imagining all sorts of body horror scenarios.

If Besach looked closer, he would be able to see that the human's skin had simply turned green there. If he happened to touch it, it would feel tougher than human skin.

Nahashsan

Besach moved closer to get a better look. "It looks like normal skin, just green. Probably just a side effect of the slime. I would give it a few days and see if it clears up." They spoke reassuringly.

MadEmperor

Connor let out a slow breath as he tried to settle his nerves. "I sure hope I'm that lucky."

As he began to wade out of the pool, he suddenly remembered he had no good clothes now. Flushing with embarrassment, he asked, "So... where do I, well, get one of those loincloths?"

Nahashsan

"You have two options, one wash out your clothes and make do, or two I can forage some large leaves" they replied.  Looking around there was some banana trees on the edge of the clearing. Those would work and  they would have food on they as a bonus.

MadEmperor

"I can try to clean them, I guess," Connor answered. He was pathetically unaccustomed to doing laundry but would give it his best effort. "Maybe you should forage anyway while I work? I'll need something while they dry, which will take a while in this humidity."

Regardless of Besach's response, the human crawled out just enough to grab his discarded clothing and return to the water. To his surprise, the slime washed out relatively easily, although the contents of his pockets were ruined with the exception of his keys and a lone quarter. If he wasn't even in his own world, those contents were useless anyway, so he tossed them.

Nahashsan

It only took a few moments for Besach to cross the small meadow and get to banana trees. Their sharp claws easily cut through the thick stims. When they returned they had a pile of fresh leaves and a bunch of ripe bananas

MadEmperor

Connor emerged from the pool and gratefully accepted the large leaves. He frowned at them for a moment before beginning to fashion a loincloth. After ruining a few, he managed to create one that should at least preserve his dignity long enough for his clothes to dry. "That should do," he said with a nod.

He laid out his clothing on a sun-drenched rock and returned to Besach. "Can't say swaddling my junk in leaves is comfortable, but thanks. I'm really glad you came along and not some jungle beast."

Nahashsan

Besach was just happy to have some interactions that didn't involve torches and pitchforks. He had been alone for over a year now since his last meeting with a sentient race.

As if on que there was a loud beast call from deep in the jungle. They turned towards the sound but judged it not to be a threat.  "Sounds like a panther, nothing to fear as long as you stay close to me." They said reassuringly.

MadEmperor

The sound made him jump. "A-are you s-sure?" he asked fearfully. Sure, the demon was huge, but could he really make such a promise? "I mean, you look tough, but so does a panther."

It would be just his luck to travel to a strange new land and immediately get eaten. He wasn't a main character; he was a redshirt. That was, unless this was his chance to escape the cycle of unhappiness he was trapped in and become someone worth writing about.

Nahashsan

"Panthers are small as far as big cats go." They said leaving out the fact that there were worse things then cats in this jungle. They also failed to mention that they were a pacifist and didn't know how to fight.

"Here eat up while we wait." They said handing a couple of bananas to Connor.