Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Two's Company

Started by DragonSong, October 11, 2023, 06:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadEmperor

Thrax laughed delightedly. "I can't say I've ever bailed out the window."

He gave a self-deprecating smirk. "Of course, I don't fit through most windows. I imagine I would have many times if I did. Certainly would have saved me from getting attacked by a few angry boyfriends and one husband."

Focus back on her, he asked, "Did you ever see him again?"

DragonSong

"Oh, yeah, just long enough for him to tell me I wasn't worth the trouble," Hana laughed, waving a hand dismissively. Arching an eyebrow, she added, "And please tell me you didn't know the woman in question was married."

MadEmperor

Thrax put up his hands. "Oh, no, I had no idea! I made sure to check from then on. That's not what I'm about and that's trouble I don't need."

"I'm not that incorrigibly horny," he chuckled. "I made sure to check for signs of any kind of committed relationship, for that matter."

DragonSong

"I figured." She kissed his cheek before sitting up with a long stretch. "Gods. Alright, last night was fun, but that whole "not sleeping" thing is starting to catch up with me. How pissed you think Gracie will be if we try to grab some shut-eye?"

MadEmperor

Thrax chuckled and shrugged his massive shoulders. "I mean, I doubt she's going to put us to work immediately. And we're no good to anyone exhausted."

"So, I say we go for it," he yawned wide, stretching his arms.

DragonSong

"Of course you do," Hana huffed, but she couldn't deny he had a point--and honestly, she was tired enough to risk the captain's ire.

"Wake me if we're sinking," she chuckled lightly, leaning down to drop a kiss between his ears before she slipped off the bed so she could scurry up into the top bunk.

MadEmperor

"It's cute that you think I'll wake up first." He smirked as he flopped over on his bunk. Yawning, he added, "I'm going to be a fuzzy rock now."

"Wake up, you lazybones!" first mate Percy said loudly. "It's time to get to work!"

DragonSong

Hana yelped as she came awake with a start and nearly rolled out of the top bunk.

"Alright, alright!" She glowered in Percy's general direction, ears pinned back to her head to lessen the noise. "We're up, yeah? Where's Gra—the captain want us?"

MadEmperor

Thrax snorted awake and sat up so fast it made his head spin. "Okay, okay! Storm. You don't need to shout," he complained.

Percy frowned, apparently not so friendly when he had a job to do. "You two were dead to the world. Believe me, the only other thing I hadn't tried yet was dousing you with seawater."

"Well, okay, thanks for not doing that," Thrax chuckled sheepishly.

Percy pointed to Hana. "Now that that's cleared up, I want you helping in the galley and your boy here up on deck where he can put that impressive physique to work."

DragonSong

"He is impressive, isn't he?" Hana smirked and swung down from her bunk, landing briefly on Thrax's just long enough to press a kiss to his cheek before she bounced properly to her feet. "Right away, mate, skipper, thingy," she said with another smirk and a quick salute in Percy's direction.

The sailor rolled his eyes. "Quartermaster. But "Ser" will do just fine."

"Yes, ser." Another jaunty little half salute, and she scurried off toward the galley.

MadEmperor