Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Magical Mystical Fox Hunt

Started by MadEmperor, March 21, 2023, 05:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadEmperor

"I don't see why not!" Thrax grinned. "I can play you that song I promised while we walk. Just tell me what kind you want to hear."

DragonSong

"You promised a song?" Hana's ears perked up a bit as she stepped down off the house's stoop.

Kiba flushed a bit and muttered something about it "not being all that important". He gave his mother a quick peck in the cheek before moving to join the other two.

MadEmperor

Thrax laughed and slapped Kiba on the back. "Don't worry about it! I'm not one to turn down a chance to show off!"

So, as they walked in the direction of the gate, he strummed an energetic traveling song. It was like he had tamed a storm and taught it to sing. And his voice was nothing to complain about either.

DragonSong

Hana grinned and let her head bob from side to side as she walked along with him and listened to him play.

Kiba seemed thoroughly enraptured, and even applauded when Thrax was done. "I've never heard music like that," he enthused, ears perked. "We don't have any instruments like that. Well, some stringed instruments, but not like that."

MadEmperor

"There's only one Stormsong." Thrax nodded with a proud grin. "And the music of my clan is a unique influence; our music tends to be loud and invigorating."

"I was trained for several years to be the one to inherit it. Took me months to stop cutting my arms on it," he explained with a chuckle, but it was a bittersweet memory.

DragonSong

"Well, it's lovely." Kiba smiled at them both and dipped his head.

Hana winced with a small chuckle at Thrax's comment about cutting his arms on the instrument. "Gods, I never even thought about that." she shot him a sheepish short of look. "I suppose it's not the most practical, huh?"

MadEmperor

"It really isn't," Thrax chuckled. "It's definitely not something just anyone can pick up and learn like a normal instrument. It takes strength, a connection to lightning magic, and, not to brag, more than a little skill."

"Well, okay." The bard grinned proudly; he knew well that he was talented. "Maybe to brag a little. I worked hard to get this good with it."

DragonSong

"And work well spent it was," Hana chuckled, elbowing him playfully.

"Indeed." Kiba smiled and dipped his head to the bard again. "Thank you very much for the song, Master Thrax. It was quite invigorating."

They were nearing the gate, and he slowed slightly as they drew closer. "I...suppose I should bid you both farewell."

Hana cleared her throat. "Um, yeah. It—well it was...really good to meet you, Kiba." She held a hand out to him, offering with a small smile, "I'll...try to keep in touch?"

He took her hand with his own slight smile. "I think my mother would like that. And...I would too. Thank you."

MadEmperor

Thrax suddenly pulled a surprised Kiba into a one-armed man-hug. "Thank you for believing in me. If it wasn't for you, I might not have been able to save Hana."

He released the guardsman and threaded his arm through Hana's. "Or tell you how I feel."

DragonSong

"Oh!" The kitsune blinked, then patted Thrax a little awkwardly on the back. "Well, ahh...you're welcome."

He seemed a little flushed, but he was smiling at them both. "I wish you both well."

Hana smiled crookedly, wrapping her hand around Thrax's forearm and leaning into his side. "You too." She looked up at the bard. "Ready?"

MadEmperor

With a smile, Thrax looked down at the woman he loved and nodded. "Ready for anything, as long as you're with me."

With that, the pair walked out into the world closer than they had ever been.