Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

On the Beach of Dreams

Started by MadEmperor, March 26, 2023, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadEmperor

Grav returned the affection with a kiss on her cheek. "Yeah. They could be planning to assault a noble manor or something," he quipped sarcastically.

He exhaled slowly, turning serious. "What... what do you think will happen to us if they, yanno, while we're dreaming?"

DragonSong

She exhaled heavily, then turned properly in his arms to tuck herself against his chest and mumble something incoherent.

Another exhale, then she tipped her head up a bit and muttered, "Honestly...three days ago, I would've been a bit worried about that, but not panicking. Now?" She groaned and turned her face into his shoulder. "I don't know. I don't know, she--we're connected in another way now. With the switching and all. This..." She shook her head. "I don't know..."

MadEmperor

He held her tight, doing his best to comfort her. "Then we'll just have to find a way to make sure that doesn't happen. Dan sure seems to think we have a role to play in their success."

"Which means we have a trip to plan."

DragonSong

She huffed and nodded against his shoulder. "Yeah. Suppose we do."

She let herself enjoy the closeness for a moment longer before pulling back and sitting up with a quiet sound of tired protest. "Well. Guess we'd better talk to your parents about heading out soon."

MadEmperor

"Honestly?" he said with a groan as he sat up and stretched. "I think they're surprised we've stuck around this long, especially with something like this going on."

After the pair got dressed, they went to tell his parents they would be leaving for Connloath. He had to do a little convincing to soothe the worst of their worries, which only worked so well as parents were supposed to worry, but by the time they had eaten breakfast, the trio was off.