Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All Creatures Great and Small

Started by DragonSong, December 20, 2023, 11:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

This was so so so far out of the minute princess's realm of expertise. She honestly had handled the revelation of a massive, chimeric beast hiding close to the border of her homeland with more confidence than this situation.

"Errr...chin up?" she offered awkwardly, and immediately winced. "I mean, ah...it'll...be okay?"

MadEmperor

The beast gave her a look that, even on a cat's face, unmistakably translated to "really? That's what you're going with?"

"Thank you for trying, but I don't feel like any part of this is okay." He sighed heavily, looking miserable. While, in truth, he was taking his situation as well as could be expected, the raw emotions he was struggling to contain were taking a toll. "Could I... have a moment alone?"

DragonSong

"Right. Yes. Of course." Krysta's wings buzzed into motion again and she quickly darted back toward the entrance of the den. "I'll just, um...I'll wait outside for the others..."

She hovered in place a moment, then quickly fluttered back out into the open air. As much as she was sure Ivan didn't want her around for this, she certainly didn't want to be anywhere near all those emotions.

MadEmperor

And so Ivan mourned the loss of his old life alone, silently howling at the injustice of it all. He had diligently served his god for his entire life but was now left feeling forsaken and for no reason. Surely, if his god had any influence at all, He would have saved him from his fate. That realization shook his faith to the core. 

By the time Krysta returned, the creature's tears had dried and the wave of misery had entirely passed. He looked at her as she entered. "Thank you for the space. I... needed that."