Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Imprisoned Spirit [MadEmperor]

Started by DragonSong, February 15, 2023, 01:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

Asta sighed and shrugged apologetically. "Honestly? I'm not sure, I'm sorry. I don't know her that well—but she certainly seemed perceptive. When she wasn't being poisoned."

She looked at him sidelong. "Would that have been a bad thing? If she knew?"

MadEmperor

He shrugged, sighing. "I don't know. I've been hiding as much as possible from Connloathians for so long that I tend to presume bad things will happen if anyone learns that I am, at best, a magic user. Even people I thought were sympathetic to magic users have turned against me before when I let the veil slip."

"Only mages and shifters have ever accepted me after knowing everything. Though, your mother could well have been the exception had I given her the chance."

DragonSong

"Do you think she..."

She trailed off, biting her lip. It was a thought that had been nagging at the back of her mind since Ralora had told her—softly, as an aside while they said goodbye—that she hadn't heard from Abigail in over twenty years.

"She might not...still be around," she muttered eventually, trying not to let any of her confusing emotions bleed into her voice.

MadEmperor

Zephyr grew solemn, his own confusing emotions about the matter put aside for the time being. "I don't have any idea. But what do you say we go find out together? I think knowing what became of her would help us both, even if it turns out that she is no longer alive."

DragonSong

Asta considered that, then nodded slowly. "Okay." She let out a tense breath. "Okay. Yes. Let's find her."

MadEmperor