Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stuck in the Middle [@GoblinFae]

Started by wandering_giraffe, December 26, 2023, 08:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wandering_giraffe

Ah yes...the Hauling Ass Inn... home of the best ale in Serendipity...supposedly...except Elysia had been sitting at a table waiting for her 2nd mug of ale and she hadn't gotten it yet. Probably was a good thing too, because she was feeling the effects from the first mug and she'd only had the one.
"Hauling Ass Inn...more like 'Tastes Like Ass Inn'", she muttered, eyeing her half empty ale with distaste. 

The tavern was quite busy, the sounds of an old piano filtering through the din of laughing patrons and the clink of glasses. There was a fireplace on either end of the tavern, and a bar was on the other side

Elysia got up from her table and went to the bar, grabbing the bartenders attention and asking for a mug of rum instead. She cautiously sipped it, then sighed. Maybe she just wasn't meant to drink. She made her way back to her table—-well she thought it was her table...but now there were two very drunk men sitting there.
No no no, Elysia was not going to stand for this. If she hadn't have been rather tipsy she probably would have just found a different table. But she was rather tipsy and so she approached them.
"Excuse me, I was sitting here."
One of them, a scrawny looking man with an unkempt beard, laughed like that was the funniest thing in the world.
"I don't see your name on it, lass," he sneered.
"You don't want to mess with me, I'm half dragon."
Alcohol realllly made Elysia like an egotistical 16 year old boy. She really was decent when she wasn't drunk.
"Half dragon huh? A wee little lass like you? Yeah and I'm half goat!"
He laughed and punched his partner, who joined in on his laughing.
Then Elysia did something stupid. She punched the first man right in the face.

GoblinFae

And that theydies and gentlethems is how you start a bar brawl. One minute Eireann was leaning over the counter to swipe an abandoned drink up and the next it was skittering down the bar top as the guy next to her went flying. 

She turned slowly to take in the chaotic scene happening behind her. She didn't know what had started it, but it seemed that now a full-on establishment-wide free-for-all was at play. 

Eireann shrugged, right before swinging her fist into the portly belly of the patron's belly next to her. 

Typical Tuesday. 
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

wandering_giraffe

Elysia had suprised the first man with her punch, who drunkenly thought his partner had punched him, so he promptly slugged his partner in the face. Then an all out brawl happened.

Elysia remembers getting thrown over the bar, and that was the end of it. Now she was lying on the floor, safe by comparison to the rest of the chaos. Except she wasn't. She could feel herself losing control, the demon inside of her screaming for control.
"No no no not now, why now?"
She took a deep breath, trying to slow her breathing down. The shift was beginning.
She should have just stayed home...eaten a nice meal and gone to bed.
She screamed in frustration, but by the time she was done, it had turned to an angry roar. The shift was complete.
Suddenly the space behind the bar wasn't enough. She could feel the mahogany digging into her scaled back. She decided to just try to stand up. Her muscles were still spasming from the transition.
The wood splintered as she stood up, and then just shattered completely.
Now half of the bar was in shambles, and suddenly half of the patrons were anxiously looking her direction.
This was not good.

GoblinFae

Eireann was having a blast, beer was flowing, fists were flying, and there even was a dragon! Wait. Slowly her head swiveled as the rest of the bar came to a stand still. Yep! That was a dragon alright. 

"Ay! Get back to your damn drinks. What you ain't never seen a horse before? Buncha brawlin drunks!"

She rolled her eyes and hopped over the remnants of the counter, her cloak quickly tossed over the dragon before her. 

"Forgive me cousin, you're making a bit of a mess. It would be best if you follow me outside. Quickly."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

wandering_giraffe

She was getting ready to show these people who they were dealing with when a cloak landed over her, causing an exasperated puff of smoke rather than an impressive flame to come out of her dragon snout.
And then a voice told her to follow her outside. So she did, trying to keep the cloak from sliding off of her and trying to keep track of the figure in front of her.
"You're not scared of me?" She incredulously asked.
"Most people are."

GoblinFae

"Neeeh, the old lady who helped raise me was a dragon. Right this way," she called motioning from over her shoulder to around a quiet, dark alley where they could talk without prying eyes and ears. "Are you alright cousin? That was quite a tumble you did earlier."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

wandering_giraffe

"It's kindof hard to tell," Elysia replied, wincing with every step she took. If she was injured, it was before she shifted, meaning that any injuries she sustained would be difficult to find.
"I've taken worse tumbles, I'll be ok," she said. Her adrenaline was still going, but it was kindof hard to walk straight. Maybe she hit her head when she was thrown over the bar.
"Actually, wait one second, I'm feeling kindof lightheaded," and Elysia stopped, leaning against the wall, feeling like she would just fall over if she walked any more.

"Thanks for helping me, by the way. My name's Elysia. I've never shifted like that before...normally it takes a lot of concentration. But that time it just kindof happened!"

GoblinFae

Eireann paused patiently, allowing her new companion a much needed rest. "Did you hit your head?

"I'm Eireann, by the way. Lovely to meet you."

The woman took in the figure before her, truly looking for the first time and really seeing. Well that certainly was a dragon if she knew anything of them. "I didn't realize there were ones like you who could walk amongst us. You must have been stressed if you shifted so fast. Do you think you can change back? Or is it a lot of energy for you?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

wandering_giraffe

Elysia groaned alittle, resting against the wall.
"It's hard to remember, it all happened so quickly."

"Eireann, it's lovely to meet you as well."
Elysia smiled.
"I'm not used to shifting in public, but the fae that raised me taught me how. I was alittle stressed," she admitted, "i haven't been out much. The fae didn't really let me. In fact, they don't know I'm gone. I snuck out."
She slowly stood up from the wall she was leaning on.
"I do feel alittle better," she slowly said, and slowly started walking again.
Then, it was almost as if she comprehended what Eireann had said a little bit ago.
"You said the lady that helped raise you was a dragon? That's really cool!"

GoblinFae

"Aye," Eireann nodded in acknowledgment walking slowly with the dragon so as to not further wear her out. "Maybe you should rest more though? Uh, no offense cousin but I don't think this is normal? Should we take you back and get you checked?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

wandering_giraffe

"Hell no, take me back? To where, the fae? They'd never let me leave!" She tried to look fine but she was, in fact, not fine, her eyes slightly unfocused. She fell silent for a moment.
"Sorry about what happened in the tavern," she finally said.
"I guess drinks and dragons don't mix," she sheepishly admitted.

GoblinFae

"You could just sneak out again," she laughed lightly. "You just...really don't look well. I'd hate for my new friend to drop dead on the spot. Do you have a place to stay, cousin?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

wandering_giraffe

Elysia sat on her haunches and sighed, a sad, solitary whiff of smoke coming out of her nose.
"I couldn't sneak out again...they'd have me under constant watch for a long time."
"I was planning on getting a room...but I didn't get that far...what with the tavern incident."