Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Crimson Shadows

Started by Winters-Feather, July 18, 2012, 12:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winters-Feather

A true professional, Maar completed the job without a single fault. In her possession was a letter that she was to plant in a priestess' room by a temple for a local earth goddess. It was a clean, simple room, yet small details gave away clues to a colorful former life. A small detailed and faded tapestry, books neatly piled in a foreign language, and a particularly rich looking inkwell that should not be in possession of one as so humble as her. The letter faintly smelt of flowers, and Maar knew the letter was a beckoning, back to whatever shadows the woman clearly tried to flee from. Maar found herself wishing the priestess to choose wisely before slipping away as the bells chimed.

She had made a promise, but first, medicine was required. The burn at her throat ached, and needed proper treatment. In her knightly guise, liking to keep things consistant, Maar quietly purchased the right ointment from a local vender for cheap. Thankfully, since they were in Serendipity, the right treatments were plentiful and cheaper. Under the shade of a crabapple tree she applied the cool lotion to her skin, hissing as it made contact.
That foolish girl, she thought.

When she returned back to the inn, it was almost elevan, and Yuri was waiting for her with food and drink in the room. He placed the mony on the table.
"While you were out, I  had a talk with one of my friends," he explained. With a few exagerrated details of the pains he went through, Yuri made a deal that the thing Maar had asked for would arrive the next afternoon.
"Perfect," Maar replied as she rose to her feet and wiped her chin.
"Leaving already?" Yuri asked, confused.
"There's something I must do," she replied and with that, was gone.

She travelled in the shadows through the dimly lit hall and into Tiraris' room. It was empty. Wordlessly, Maar touched the bed. It was cold; she had left hours ago. In the locked , private room Maar became Awari, her hands clasped together in thought.
I made a promise, the fae thought, pursing her lips together in frustration. 
Does that mean nothing to that child?

The fae examined the abandoned room, her eyes wandering over to spot where she had been tackled. Tiraris had to have left in a hurry. Most likely after that incident.
"Pheh," she spat as she turned to face a mirror on a vanity. The sight did nothing to heal her pride. She was forced to look at the glaring, bright scar inflicted by her student.
If I had taught her at all, she thought with an almost sad smirk  as she touched her tattoo.
Tiraris was rude, too rude to one who held the title of Purple Hawk General. Though the fae enjoyed Tiraris' spunk, this was a deliberate slight agaisnt her pride, and it could not go unignored.

The figure that was once Awari became the handsome, manly knight again.
Yuri will be glad to see me again, she thought as she conjured the best way to give him a fright.

GoblinFae

Maar was not the only one being sought after though, as not long after the oppressive noon day sun shine brightly in the sky did a cloaked stranger shouldered his way past Tiraris while dropping a bit of parchment into Her unsuspecting hand. The action brought her amusement as she found a quiet and shaded place to read the familiar scrawl.

She did not even have time to reread the missive had she wanted to before icy lips pressed against the crook of her neck as spidery fingers firmly gripped her hips. "Well, well, well if it isn't the firestarter herself. What brings you here little flame?" The words tickled her skin, making her flesh pimple.

"Hello Eiven," she returned saucily. "Last I heard you were trapped in the desert for disappointing a witch."

"You know how story-telling goes my dear. Boredom breeds such extravagance. Although I must ask. Is it boredom that spreads rumors of your traveling with a high-flying hawk?"

Tiraris snorted and pulled away to blend into the shadows of the alleyway better and face him. "You know how gossipers are, Eiven. By sundown word of my encounter with an infamous vampire King will spread across the entire county I am sure."

"Elevated to King now am I? How slendid!"

"As you said. Boredom breeds extravagance. Careful you do not lose your head over it. This missive though," she raised the bit of parchment still loosely clutched in her hand, "requires a favor before anything may progress."

"Ah business as usual I see. Here I thought you actually missed me!"

The assassin gave a small half smile before continuing. "I have a tail that needs occupying if I am to do this."

"So the rumors are true then!"

She glared in response, turning on her heel to storm back out of the shadows. A swift and expected tug on her elbow stilled her, although Tiraris remained with her back to the other man and only her head cocked to face him.

"Come I know a place where we may sit and speak. I doubt you have eaten and you look paler than myself. We can't have such scrumptious life force go to waste," he purred, licking his lips as her own eyes rolled in agitation. The pair soon made their way though to a quiet restaurant off the beaten path where they could indeed converse in private.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]