Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mordecaism and Adharaism questions

Started by Xphy, June 07, 2015, 06:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xphy

So I'm working on a Knight of the White Lily and I have a few questions about Adharaism.

1. Since Adharaism affects both magic and psionics would an Adhara cancel out a Mordecai's (or even another Adhara's) ability if they are standing within the Adhara's range of influence?

2. Can a Mordecai or an Adhara possess other psionic abilities?

3. Are additional versions of Mordecaism allowed?

4. Does Adharaism only affect Mortal magic like Mordecaism?

5. When does Mordecaism/Adharaism develop? Before, at, or after birth?

6. Can Connlaothians determine if a person possesses Mordecaism (aside from the obvious method), and if so how?

7. Do the Knights of the White Lily have ranks of any kind, or are they all of equivalent rank?

8. What kind of armor do white lily's wear? The same bulky armor as normal mordecai?

9. Do mordecai have an option whether or not to join the military, or are they conscripted?

GoblinFae

Excellent questions and some I've been wondering myself but didn't know how to word. We need to get @Rhi-Rhi in on this one 😊
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Looshi

What Goblins said, however, I do believe I know the answer to number 2. Mordecai and Adharas cannot have any other abilities. Their nulling powers are the only thing they can possess.

Xphy

Rhindeer

1.) I don't think it would cancel out other Adhara/Mordecai abilities. ^^

2.) Adhara can! But Mordecaism generally occurs alone.

3.) I'm definitely open to ideas! 8D I don't see why the ability can't evolve and grow and have other potential variations. ^^ Adharaism is a rare evolution of Mordecaism, after all!

4.) It does indeed!

5.) That depends on the person. In some people, it shows up right away, in other people it develops later in life.

6.) Yes! I saw in one thread a long time ago, some players were doing a thread where their character was being tested for the ability, and was made to hold some saint's holy relic, and that tested her somehow and confirmed her ability. I really like that idea! 8D So I'm gonna say that they have ways to test for the ability--maybe special holy relics from their saints. Maybe, for example, they test for Adharaism my making potentials hold the original Adhara's sword (which I'm sure the church has kept!). Different artifacts may have different reactions--maybe the sword, for example, glows, and maybe other artifacts tingle, etc.

7.) They do have ranks! Similar to Mordecai, with the highest ranked being a Commander.

8.) Similar to the Mordecai! The lily on their tabbard would probably just be white instead of silver. 8D

9.) Conscripted, definitely. They could hide! And probably keep it a secret pretty easily if they were careful...until Mordecai came into town to test people. |: But Connlaoth is deeefinitely interested in anyone who has that ability being useful to them, so they would definitely wanna get their hands on anyone with that gift.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Looshi

Ooh, that's pretty cool!  Will we see an update of this in the world page for Connlaoth?

Rhindeer

Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Xphy

Thanks for the answers!

I have one more question. What do Connlaothians define as 'miracles'? Any supernatural power that isn't affected by Mordecaism/Adharaism, or something more specific?

Rhindeer

Quote from: Xphy on June 08, 2015, 02:07:46 PM
Thanks for the answers!

I have one more question. What do Connlaothians define as 'miracles'? Any supernatural power that isn't affected by Mordecaism/Adharaism, or something more specific?
I kinda figure it's a lot like the thin, blurry line between Biblical miracles and magic and thus depends a lot on who's doing the "miracle".

I think a mage who's clever and uses all the right terminology and religious speak could convince people what they're doing is a miracle and not magic, in other words. A Mordecai, of course, could expose them. But if a priest is a mage and is doing all these miracle-like things in Ansgar's name, people probably wouldn't question it--but it wooould probably attract the attention of the Church and Mordecai who'd head over to check it out.

Of course, just as there'd be people who would be like "WOW, MIRACLE!" there'd be the people who would be like, "IT'S A WITCH, BURN HER!" xD  It's a...very, very, very risky area in Connlaoth, where you've got a population so paranoid of mages and magic. You'd have your believers and your skeptics.

I think they'd consider a "real" miracle to be one that isn't affected by Mordecaism/Adharaism, yup!

Xphy

Cool. I think have all of the info I need to make my Adhara now. Thanks for the answers. :)