Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Latent Dream (Summervale) [Cramler] [M]

Started by GoblinFae, March 07, 2024, 04:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinFae

Theo blushed slightly and hid a giggle behind trying to cough and eat at the same time. "Later," he signed while nodding at the rest Fletcher was saying. "It would make me feel better knowing my bodyguard is well-prepared for trouble instead of nursing an empty stomach—"

His teeth clicked shut with a sudden snap as his current wife-to-be pushed past Fletcher to get to him. "Here you are dearest! I've been looking all over for you, even checked the library. Had I known you'd been out here I would have snuck away to be with you sooner," Edwina twittered. Her arms came around his waist suddenly as she leaned in close and rocked against him with loud giggles.

"You really don't like these parties do you? I had heard you didn't but thought it might be you were shy around all the ladies like me." She clung to him and twirled them about in a circle before resting her head on his chest and nuzzling in, completely oblivious to the way his eyes bulged and threatened to leap right out of his head. 

"...I find all of the people and vibrations very overwhelming, yes. I'm sorry for abandoning you for a bit of cool air and respite—"

"Oh no, no my dearest you needn't worry," she cooed cupping his cheek and leaning up on her tiptoes. "Once were we'd there will be no need for you to attend any of these. You can hide away in your study for all I care. Perhaps you'll even let me join you.~"

Edwina leaned further in as if to kiss him even as Theodore leaned further back over the rail to avoid it. "I don't think this is appropriate right now, Lady Obower. People will see and Mr. Daw is present—"

"Oh," the woman giggled again while persisting, "he can join if he so wishes. I don't mind." She peeked over her shoulder at the other man even as Theodore cast a completely horrified look towards his own lover. 
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Nightcrawler

Fletch jumped at her sudden arrival and narrowly rescued Theo's second drink from spilling over the side of the balcony. He scowled, watching irritably as the girl brazenly pushed his lover around. And oh, the audacity of her words. Like Theo was hers to command. They weren't even married and here she was openly trying to involve another man. "He doesn't wish," he snapped without hesitation before sliding back into playing his part. "Sir, really. I could get fired for this. Can't the two of you behave?"

GoblinFae

The look Theodore gave Fletcher was completely scandalized. Behave? Him?! He was the one with the parasite attached to him. How was he in the wrong here?

Desperately he attempted to peel the other woman off who seemed to cling all the tighter. "Lady Obower can we not get my best bodyguard fired please? He is meant to be our chaperone. This behavior is most unbecoming!"

"Oh Teddy must you be such a spoilsport? We're engaged and it's nearly Yule? Can't I even have just one kiss? We are to be married after all. What could one kiss hurt?"

Again he looked in panic to Fletcher before yanking her hands off his person and holding them firmly in his own. "As the lady wishes." Theo bent over their joined hands and kissed the back of each of hers. "There. Two kisses for the twice as lovely lady. Now shall we rejoin the others?"

Edwina pouted by latched onto his arm all but dragging him back off the balcony. Theo for his part made a half-hearted attempt to reach for Fletcher's blade again, wanting nothing more than to put himself out of this misery. 
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Nightcrawler

Fletch rolled his eyes and sidestepped the nobleman's dramatic attempt to take his sword. Instead, he snatched up Theo's drink, pried open his fingers and pressed the glass into his hand. "Your drink, sir," he said as if to add some formality and a reason for touching the man. Up ahead of them, back inside, a commotion had risen abruptly, with nobles crowded around something that Fletcher couldn't see. "What now?" he grumbled.

GoblinFae

Theo sulked until rough fingers were prying his own and the drink had returned to his hand. Then, he gave Fletcher a nod of thanks as Edwina carted him back into the throng.

The commotion as it turned out was another newly engaged couple announcing their good news. Theo downed his drink quickly and handed it off to a passing tray as he grabbed another to toast the couple. Edwina bounced excitedly beside him nearly spilling his drink in her own tipsy excitement. She quickly abandoned his side though to squeal and cheer with her friends as Theo hung back and simply watched.

He was so deep in his thoughts watching her though that when a hand latched onto his forearm and began to drag him along to another room, he simply went along with it, assuming that it was likely Fletcher. Given that he was deaf, he completely missed the future groom and the other engaged or married men encouraging him to join them in another room away from the dance floor where they could all smoke or drink in peace away from their women and the music.

"—man come too," a bright-ginger haired man said to Theo as he finally focused on the one dragging him along. 'Carrot top is NOT Devlin. Devly. Deviled Eggs.' The nobleman giggled softly to himself, knowing full well Fletcher would have something to say about that being his new nickname.

"It's so good to have you join us Honorable Lord Archer. I mean I've always wanted to make your acquaintance but you're such a hard man to approach and I mean I'm just me but like I have genuine deep respect for you sir. Would you like another drink sir? I see yours is empty—"

Theo blinked as he glanced and saw his drink was indeed empty. When had that happened? He took a seat on one of the room's many couches as another glass was pressed into his hand and the men passed pipes or cigarettes out among each other. Even Fletcher was offered some of each and seemingly treated as an equal rather than a servant once they all settled about the room.

"Perks of being engaged am I right?" A blonde man piped up as he elbowed a brunette beside him. "No more whining and decorations and boring conversations. Just a couple of dances, some nods of agreement, and now we can escape in here to have our own parties the way we want them to be. Let the ladies have fun to their heart's content. And then when you get them home," he wiggled his brows and made a rude gesture that had Theo looking away with a blush to sip at his drink. Was this the third? Fourth? Fifth maybe?

He looked to Carrot Top in time to see the man apparently asking Fletcher a question—his name? Ah that made sense. Oh and there he went continuing with the talking. Theo blinked again, emptying his glass and smiling as someone filled it again for him. 

"Do you have a partner? Married or soon to be too?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nightcrawler

Theo began to knock the drinks back faster, and suddenly Fletcher wasn't so certain that the small plate he'd force fed the man still stood between him and a night spent holding Theo's hair back. But there was only one way to learn this particular lesson, and Theo was a grown man, and he'd work through it one way or another. Still, Fletch didn't realize just how tipsy the man had become until he placidly allowed himself to be pulled along by a complete stranger. Fletch followed along dutifully into a much quieter room.

He quickly realized what this was: men escaping their women for a moment of peace. If they hadn't all been nobility, he'd have felt at ease. Hell, they even treated him like one of them, here. As it was, though, he couldn't let his guard down entirely — but he did relax a bit now that they were finally out of sight of the girl. He declined the cigarette, opting to pull out his own case instead.

"I'll not turn down a smoke inside, though," he chuckled. "Thanks. And, er, Daw. Jack Daw." He busied himself lighting his smoke and leaned back against the wall, glancing briefly at Theo, who seemed to have gotten progressively more drunk in the last few minutes alone. Well. Fletch supposed carrying him to the carriage was one way out of this place. He returned his attention to Ginger and allowed a sly grin to break his usual ornery scowl.

"Been there. Done that. Can't recommend it, chaps, honestly. One good thing about being a widower, though: it's a great excuse to be a rake. No one looks twice at you for it."

GoblinFae

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that," Carrot Top replied, looking earnestly regretful for Fletcher. "I didn't mean to drag up painful memories."

"No, no, no," a happily buzzed Theodore interjected. "He's not being fully honest with you," he admitted, leaning in to the other man who equally leaned in as well. "You see he's got himself someone. Veeeeeeery pretty—or at least so I've been told. Quite a tease though. And you know how this time of year is—everyone in the romantic mood. Everyone wants to be with their families. And then come January we have all the messes with the break ups and the draaaama and the scandaaaal. So what can you do? He's kind of in that limbo rut right now."

"Pretty you say?" The blonde—Freckles, Theo named him—piped up as he blew smoke rings. "Is she feisty?"

"Is she blonde? Or curvy?" His friend Spectacles chimed in.

"Do they like to read or bake?" Carrot Top was quick to add in as their little group expectantly looked to Fletcher for answers.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nightcrawler

Fletch shot Theo a truly withering look. All the man would have had to do was keep quiet and the focus could have been drawn to other matters — ones that didn't involve them. Now he was stuck lying through his teeth to a room full of gossiping snakes. "Sir, are you drunk?" he asked pointedly before snorting and shaking his head and addressing the others. "I think he's drunk. He's pulling your damned leg. I mean, sure, maybe I mentioned some girl at the pub once or twice, but it's nothing like that. She is blonde, though," he added with a sly grin. "But...no. As a rule, I don't get involved. Not like he's saying. So there'll be no Yule drama or any of that bollocks. Sorry to disappoint, lads."

GoblinFae

"No," Theo replied matter-of-factly. Had he not been tipsy though he might have actually been a great deal more concerned over the look he had just received from his bodyguard. That was only the second time he had ever encountered it and the first had been a very deep warning to not blow Fletcher's job interview for him by mentioning that the man was the one who had trampled Theodore in the marketplace and given him his injuries.

"More than mentioned," he continued and then stage whispered with his hand in front of his mouth. "It's okay, he's a little shy and in denial." The other men laughed with Theo and relaxed back into their seats.

"I don't know, Jack. I mean is it so horrible to have yourself a little side piece that makes your heart beat fast? There's this pretty, sweet thing that I uh patronage if you know what I mean at this mm--well one of those places. There's just....something about her," Spectacles commented with a sappy smile as he shook his head slightly. "I'd marry her in a heartbeat if she'd have me but she won't."

"She only wants your money," Freckles scoffed. "That's all women want. Money. Parties. Money. Babies. Money. Oh and uh did I mention money? Because money. I mean back me up. Am I right, Jack? Your wife a gold-digging harpy from which there is no escape too?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]