Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

NaNoWriMo is eating my soul. |:

Started by Rhindeer, November 06, 2012, 12:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Soooo I've been super inactive since it started and am probably gonna continue to be. >__o I'm trying to get ahead, though, so I can catch up on some posting! 8D But I figured I should make it official that I'mma be a snail this month, bah.

I'm still here though, so if ya need anything, hit me up! And I'm still gonna get out some posts! I'm just slowed down like whoa. :3
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Xphy

Good luck! NaNo can be hard, especially when it's your first time doing it. So take your time, and hopefully when December rolls around you'll have a nice novel to show for all of your work. ^_^

Rhindeer

Aww, thank you Xphy! <333

So far, so good! I'm keeping up to par! 8D (At the cost of my social life buuuut y'know.)

16k later and I'm still not entirely sure where this story is heading. But it's heading somewhere. xD
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

GoblinFae

The best stories usually are the ones where even the writer is taken on an adventure just to get to the endpoint ^.^ You can do it!
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Rhindeer

Awww, thank you! <3333 And that's very true! 8D This is definitely taking me for a ride, lmao!

OKAY! OVER HALFWAY THERE GUYS. <333 Just a few more days and I'll be back to posting and catching up. Thank you soooo much for your patience! I feel so bad leaving all our threads hanging and can't wait to get back to it! Dx

Zane

Your 3/5 of the way there! You got this Rhi!! Make us all proud!!

Rhindeer

Whew! Okay! Since I finally made it, I'm officially back! 8D Expect posts starting tentatively today, and back in full force tomorrow!

Paradox

Quote from: Rhiannon on November 29, 2012, 01:51:23 PM
Whew! Okay! Since I finally made it, I'm officially back! 8D Expect posts starting tentatively today, and back in full force tomorrow!

Congratulations! I've tried NaNoWriMo several times and I've only been lucky to hit the halfway point with my word count. x3

Rhindeer

Aww, well there's always next year! <333 You can do it!

This was my first year doing it. xD I couldn't give up because I told too many people I was doing it, lmfao. Also, I tend to have this thing where if I say I'll do something, I will--otherwise I'll never forgive myself. >_> IT WAS A MATTER OF PRIDE.

Dreamwolf

looked up on this, 50,000 words in thirty-one days, its impressive really. My personal record is only half that in the same mount of time xp.

Rhindeer

I think the longest I'd ever written before this was a story that got to around 17k. o.o By then, I spent so long getting hung up on the details that I gave up on the story. >__o

So NaNo is really good for people like me, who get discouraged and hung up on details. xD Forces you to just push the story onto the page, because then you finally HAVE something you can edit.

But it's not actually as horrifically difficult as it sounds, as long as you keep up! That's the real trick. You only have to write 1667 words a day to make it. (Which, well, if I count the total of all my RP posts, I wrote that much a day anyway, easily, between them all!) The trick is to not fall behind. There were times when I missed a day, and oh man, that's when it got hard, because suddenly instead of writing 1667, you have to write double that to catch up, and if you don't make it up, it'll spiral fast. xD

The other challenge is in resisting the urge to fix things. xD Including plot holes. I mean, like, there were times where I actually wound up leaving a character behind/forgetting a character but it was like, "Welp. Oops. |: Oh well." I also got ideas that'll change the entire course of the story. xD But I can fix it and stick that stuff into the next draft. You just have to shut up your internal editor and keep pushing forward.

It's tooootally doable! <3 And its a lot of fun! xD There were points where I got stuck and was like "I DUN WANNA WRITE NO MORE WAAAAH" (especially toward the final stretch, especially those last 500 words; that was painful. xD) but just gotta push past it and keep chugging!

Dreamwolf

my issue is my internal editor is always on because i tutor English...xp I have a kid I'm tutoring right now, he's got a publisher eying his sci fi novel, and he wants me to be his editor is he does publish...i was like, yeah, i'm jealous now, get out...xp he laughed

Paradox

Quote from: Rhiannon on November 29, 2012, 03:04:58 PM
Aww, well there's always next year! <333 You can do it!

This was my first year doing it. xD I couldn't give up because I told too many people I was doing it, lmfao. Also, I tend to have this thing where if I say I'll do something, I will--otherwise I'll never forgive myself. >_> IT WAS A MATTER OF PRIDE.

Hah! I've tried that, you know? However, I guess I have no pride. D: My laziness wins out. Kidding.

Actually, November - January is never a great time for me. D; It's the busiest time of year at work, at school, and at home.   However, I think I might try this next year! http://campnanowrimo.org/about .  Summer is usually a slow time of year for me. Plenty of time for writing and reading.  :o