Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Are You My Mother? [Zero][Moonspear]

Started by GoblinFae, March 12, 2013, 08:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinFae

The carriage groaned as it bumped its way along through the narrow, cobble-stoned streets. Muddy puddles of the previous night's rainfall sloshed and sprayed away, creating rooster tails that delighted the youngest occupant within its plush confines.

Young Emma, only child of the Fiore estate, bounced excitedly in her seat, little legs swinging in the air as they were unable to touch the carpeted flooring. "Look mother, look! Did you see that one? It splashed all the way up to here!" she gleefully shouted, placing a finger on the glass window to demonstrate the murky water's height.

"Emma Fiore, keep your hands to yourself, quit fidgeting, and use your indoor voice when you absolutely must tell me something. How many times do I have to tell you? Your father and I thought we could bring you along to this very important dinner but if this is how you are going to behave we can have you sent straight home. Is that what you want?"

"No mother," the young girl replied, back now ramrod straight and body still as she stared demurely down.

Her mother awkwardly patted her head, murmuring a "good girl" before resuming final primping in anticipation of their arrival. "Now Eglington dear, remind me again why Garland requires we be dragged out in this atrocious weather to discuss this ludicrous business deal."

"Genevieve, my love, my angel you know perfectly well why Lord Horst has invited us to dinner. It would be of great benefit to us if we had his backing and I did not wish to insult him by inviting him to our home given its current state."

"Given its current state! I'll have you know there is nothing wrong with our home to be ashamed of. I run that household as good as any High Lord's wife! In fact I do better and with less to work with. You really ought to fire Emma's nanny, look at her. Those skirts are a disgrace," she huffed, her focus once more on the doll of a child and her copious amount of pink ruffled skirts. "This simply won't do!"

"Relax pet, all is well. Emma looks as darling as ever and you are still the most beautiful woman in all of Serendipity-all of the world," the gangly gentleman corrected himself after seeing his wife's glare. "Really there is no need to fuss. Lord Horst just wants a simple dinner affair and business can be conducted tomorrow or the next day. Now then, do your final adjustings and let's eat."

Scurrying to finish her preening, Genevieve made sure to give her daughter a second talking too, explaining in detail how and why she needed to remain on her best behavior to impress Lord Horst. If she did that then mother and father would both read her a bedtime story but only if she was good.

It took everything the six year old had not to start bouncing in her seat again just at the idea of having such a treat. 'I'll be on my bestest behavior ever, Mother. I promise, you'll see. Which Princess story should I have them read? The one with the pea or the one with the beast? The one with the missing shoe is longer though and Father despises the one about the mermaid which is the longest. Maybe H.B. can help me choose over dinner,' Emma thought, clutching the arm of her beloved toy bunny tightly as her the footman lifted her down from the carriage after her parents had exited in front of the manor's main entrance.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

Lord Horst was seated comfortably at his desk in the study, going over yet more papers about imports and exports. His entire staff was abuzz with preparations for dinner, they were to have company and the company must always be impressed. Guests, both higher and lower in standing than himself received the utmost care and attention. Word spread and he liked all words to be positive when regarding his estate. However, he was much too busy managing businesses to worry about the preparations himself. That was why he had servants and slaves, after all.

The sprawling manor was like a stirred up hornet's nest for all the frenzy. At least, that was the best way that Ashlar could think to describe it. He wandered the halls aimlessly for a time, simply watching servants and slaves alike running to a fro as they cleaned. The dining hall would be made to shine, how pretty all the sparkling silverware would be! Most of the others ignored him, simply running past him or stepping around him. He was odd and they avoided him. It was preferable in most instances.

Skipping merely down towards the dining hall he found himself suddenly caught by the ear rather harshly. A soft yowl of pain was given before he sank down and wrapped his arms over his head defensively. The headmistress of the servants was glaring at him and shook him by the ear. "Now see here, you little mongrel, this dinner is important and I'm not gonna be having any trouble out of you. Everyone else is working and you're just a prancing about like a ninny. Go get cleaned up and dressed for dinner proper-like. The Master says there's important people a-coming and you're gonna be on a short leash, ya hear? Now get."

Ashlar rubbed his ear resentfully as he was let go, but sulking as he was, he swiftly retreated. As one of the very few non-humans in the employ/possession of the Lord, he found most of the other staff distrusted him. Silly humans, they would not be so insolent if he did not have his collar. There was nothing to be done about it for now, so he soon forgot all about the unpleasant encounter; although he did go bathe and dress for dinner.

He looked a sight, in black silk pants, finely woven with a red silk tunic embroidered with golden suns; his silk slippers matched his tunic perfectly. His ears twitched as he smoothed the tailored garments. It must be jealousy, he decided, that made the others hate him so. A gold silk sash around his waist completed the ensemble, and into that, he tucked Wallaby, with only his head and front paws poking out at his side. There was extra commotion now, so he assumed the important people were coming.

Scuttling through the halls to the main entrance he bounded energetically outside to greet the guests. Lord Horst was already there, standing tall, proud, and handsomely as the carriage halted in front of the steps leading up to the grand hall. Moving to stand behind his master and to the side, he did his best to stand up straight, hands tucked neatly behind his back and invisible inside the billowing sleeves of his tunic. His ears were perked forward, eagerly taking in all the sounds and his hair fell across his face, hiding his silver eye, so that only the dark crimson one was visible.

Horst ignored the slave behind him, not particularly worried about him. Of all his slaves and servants, it was Ashlar's loyalty and obedience he could be most sure of, though that had little to do with the demon himself. He put on a warm, welcoming smile as his guests stepped out of their carriage. "Welcome! It is so good that you could join us. Although, a great shame the weather could not be more agreeable. I do hope your trip went well?"

GoblinFae

"It was hardly noticeable, thank you for asking though, milord," Eglington sweetly replied with a short bow, his hand clutched tightly on his wife's arm in an unspoken warning to keep her tongue curbed. "Might I introduce my wife, Genevieve," he paused to allow her to utter a sugary greeting and curtsey before seeming to remember the pink poofball of fabric at his feet and rushing her introduction, "and of course my child, Emma-"

"Say hello dearest," her mother cut in, before offering the lord an apologetic smile as if to say 'children, what can you do?'

Emma on the other hand, took it in stride. She pulled HoneyBlossom close to her chest, forcing his body into a gentleman bunny bow as she in turn flowed into a little curtsey. "It is a pleasure to meet you Mister Horst," her tiny pixie voice recited. The child never saw her mother's wince but she could tell from the hand on her shoulder she had messed up somehow and worriedly looked up. From the corner of her eye she caught sight of gold but ignored it in favor of concentrating on her Genevieve's stage whispered title correction.

"I mean Lord Horst. Sowwy sir," she apologized, curtseying again, eyes now completely riveted to the figure standing behind him though. Emma was too well trained to interrupt and ask but that did not stop her from sneaking peeks at him every chance she was going to get. The stories she wanted read to her tonight were long forgotten in place of childish curiosity that demanded her to discover more about the finally dressed man.

'Maybe he's a wampire from T'anatos! Or a pwince from Esswyni! That must be it! He's pwetty though. Maybe when Mother isn't looking I can say hello to him,' she imagined, completely oblivious to the proceedings and small talk going on around her.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

Garland bowed his head slightly in greeting to both Eglington and Genevieve in turn. When Emma greeted him he smiled at her display with her little toy. He actually gave her a slight bow. He did not mind her mistake; she was only a little girl, after all. Still, he acknowledged her correction. "It's quite alright, my dear. Eglington, you have a very charming family. Please, come in, there has been a bit of a feast prepared in your honor."

He clapped his hands and Ashlar sprang into action, disappearing inside almost immediately. Garland led the way inside at a much more civilized pace. He waved a hand to show off the grand entrance hall. "Isn't it fabulous? I had the greatest architects and artists come from all over the kingdom to design and build my gilded halls. No expense spared, of course. Only the finest for my dear Jolene. Of course, she passed some years ago, but we mustn't dwell on such things. Here's the dining hall."

This hall was even finer than the last, it was where he hosted feasts and entertained guests, so of course it had to be grand, indeed. Ashlar was already waiting inside, his bushy tail swishing slightly as he pulled out the chair at the head of the table for his master. "The ladies, Ashlar, we must be polite to our guests." The kitsune murmured a soft apology before pulling out a chair to the right of his master, bowing as he did the same to the chair beside it.

Garland had noticed Emma's fascination with his exotic pet. "What do you think of him, Emma? Have you ever seen such a marvelous little creature?" It was obvious that the lord was rather proud of how unique his slave was.

GoblinFae

Genevieve rolled her eyes in blatant disgust. It irked her that the slave who had disregarded proper etiquette was now serving her and instead of being severely reprimanded was now being discussed by Horst and with her child no less.

She sat down with a huff, tugging on her starry-eyed daughter's hand to get her to sit as well. "Emma," she coerced, "you need to sit down dear. Lord Horst is waiting for an answer," the mother further prompted.

The child nodded, still dazed that she was so close to him and in awe of the tail and ears she had failed to really notice on her first appraisal of him. 'I want one,' was the first thought to pop into her head followed by, 'have to be extra good to earn that though.'

"He is very intewesting, no intrewesting-inter-int...hmm." Small lips pouted as thin brows knit together in thought, trying to remember the correct pronunciation of the much sought after word. "I like him," Emma finally gave up, peeking back over her shoulder to catch one more look at the mysterious creature.

'Definitely not a wampire,' her mind concluded, mentally scratching out that option. 'What has a tail like that though? Wonder if I can pet him...looks really soft.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

If Garland noticed that he was annoying Genevieve, he didn't show it. Or perhaps he simply didn't care. It wasn't as if he was the one that needed them, and besides, all he was doing was speaking with the adorable little daughter. He and his wife had never had children of their own, a regrettable situation. Of course, they thought they'd have more time. He seemed delighted with her struggled answer, though.

When they were all seated, Ashlar disappeared again, returning a few moments later with a line of servants carrying covered plates. A plate was set before each of them and then uncovered to reveal a marvelously displayed salad for their appetizer. Ashlar had a platter with two silver pitchers. For his master, Eglington and Genevieve he poured from the first pitcher, a fine wine. With the second he filled Emma's glass with honey sweetened tea.  As soon as that was done he set the platter on a nearby table and stood with his back to the wall, observing, but remarkably silent.

"So Eglington, tell me about yourself and your family. I understand you're doing quite well for yourself, considering your more humble beginnings. Do you have many servants?" 

GoblinFae

Emma relaxed as the attention was taken away from her and she could return to pretending. Whenever her mother and father would have company over and she was allowed to join them for a meal she liked to sit and pretend that she was a princess from a far away country where everything was backwards and they did not speak the language. She would observe the gathered guests and make up stories about why they were there and who was plotting what, who was good and who was bad. Then, once dinner was over and the dancing would begin, Emma would be sent to bed to tell her stories HoneyBlossom or if her nursemaid was one of the younger ones, she would share them with her.

Tonight though her tales would include the dark mystery leaning against the wall. Perhaps he was a lost prince, searching the world in order to reclaim his fortune before returning to his father the king with the answer to life. Or maybe he was a spy sent to find out information about the princess but falls in love with her and runs away with her to save her. 'Because,' she told herself, 'that's just how it's done.'

She listened with half an ear as her father rattled on about their numerous holdings and servants as well as the need to expand their family enterprises in order to better provide a dowry for her. 'Pwincesses need rather large ones right, H.B.?'

Trying for an air of royalty, she sat stiff-backed while trying to reach in front of her for her glass. Yet, even slouching was not allowing her to retrieve her desired drink for it was just an inch or two beyond the reach of her slim arms. A tip pink tongue slipped out from between rosebud lips while Emma continued to strain for the tea unnoticed by either of her parents. She did resist however the urge to pull on the tablecloth as that had gotten her in trouble once before when her drink had spilled on herself and the gentleman who had been sitting next to her at the time.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Ashlar's one visible eye glossed over slightly as his master began a conversation about business, houses, estates, and other rather boring subjects. He hated the fancy affairs of his master with a passion. They were just so boring. It took everything he had not to be bouncing and rocking on heels. Oh how he wished he could be somewhere else. The only interesting person at the table was the little pink ruffled child. In his years he'd seen some adorable children, including his own, but this little girl was in an entire different league.

After a few moments he noticed that she was struggling to reach her drink. Well that was terribly thoughtless of him, to pour her a drink and then forget to make sure she could actually reach it. Glancing at the adults at the table he realized not one of them seemed to notice the little girl's plight. Moving quietly he came up behind Emma's chair and reached over her shoulder, gently pulling the glass towards her enough to be within easy reach.

He smiled down at her, revealing a sparkling set of teeth, including his fangs. "Is that better, Miss Emma? Ashlar is always here to help. All the little Miss need do is ask." How he adored children. They were so cute and innocent and naïve. Also, he loved attention and Emma had seemed fascinated by him. He would be all too happy to indulge her curiosity. Playing with the child would be much more fun than waiting on the grown-ups.

GoblinFae

She had been so concentrated on the task at hand that she never noticed the slave's approach until his hand suddenly flooded her field of vision. It startled her, forcing a quiet "meep" past her lips as her head lifted to gaze up at the smiling man behind her. Emma could only nod mutely, still reeling in shock that he had noticed and helped her.

'Not a spy. Or maybe he's a WEALLY good one.' Clutching the glass with both hands, she took a small sip, her smile widening as the honey sweetened her tastebuds. Emma leaned down some to whisper in her toy's ear, reminding the rabbit to thank the nice man too before directing him into giving Ashlar a little wave and settling back to take an assisted sip from her glass.

"Good boy," she whispered softly, careful to keep her voice from being heard by the adults over her mother's horse-laugh. Every few minutes though, Emma kept finding herself stealing glances behind her, trying to ensure he was still there. The teeth she had seen did not frighten her but certainly were different enough for her childlike innocence to recognize as something off. It puzzled her to not know what he was and served to fuel her curiosity and story-telling even more as the soup and salad courses were brought forth.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

To Ashlar the conversation seemed to drag on forever. Business, politics, couldn't they think of more interesting things to yammer about? He did his duty, however, keeping glasses full and signaling for each course to be served and taken away at the appropriate time. The main course was brought forth, roasted duck in a savory sauce. One of the master's favorite dishes, he knew. Nobles and their grand halls and feasts and politics. Ashlar knew something of it, from years of being a slave to such people, and from his childhood before he'd ever known the cursed collar around his neck.

Garland noticed Ashlar was practically hovering around the child. Things had been going well enough, he found Eglington to reasonable, his wife was a bit obnoxious, but his business wasn't really with her. A good mood had settled on him and he eyed the pair for a moment. "Ah, all this talk must be so boring for the little lady. How thoughtless of me. Eglington, if you don't mind, why don't we excuse Miss Emma and let her go explore a bit? My Ashlar will watch her for you. Won't you Ashlar?"

The kitsune bowed his head, smiling widely at the opportunity to escape. "Oh yes, Master. Ashlar will take very good care of the little Miss. He will keep her out of trouble and make her safe, he promises."

GoblinFae

Emma continued with her fantasy musing all throughout the meal, expanding Ashlar's story as she went along feeding both herself and her little blue bunny. She was so wrapped up in it all that the mention of her name startled her into thinking she had done something wrong and she nearly dumped a mouthful of potatoes in her lap. Wide eyes surveyed the adults' end of the table in time to catch her father's appraising gaze.

"Go ahead," he finally relented much to his wife's chagrin. "You may be excused Emma. Just don't cause any trouble and don't go anywhere you shouldn't."

The child smiled at the idea of freedom but stubbornly kept her place as if waiting for something more. Under the table she could hear her mother's foot tapping impatiently in frustration. Although Emma could not tell whether it was from her own childish stubbornness or her father's choice to set her loose.

"Oh honestly Eglington! HoneyBlossom you're excused from the table as well," Genevieve huffed, staring at the ceiling in agitation even as she made her apologies to their host. Emma never heard them though, for the moment her beloved toy had been excused, she had hopped out of her seat, latched onto the mystery man's hand and raced off through the door, H.B. tucked tightly against her side under her other arm.

"Thank you!" her angelic voice piped up from the doorway as she passed through it, not once looking back to see her mother's mortified face or her father's hidden smile.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Ashlar had waited in eager anticipation for the permission of Mister Fiore, and as soon as it had been given he'd expected the adorable Emma to be as impatient to get away as he was. When at first she did not budge from the table he tilted his head in confusion, one ear perked up, the other flopping slightly over. Finally the harpy of a woman spoke up, excusing...the bunny? He could only assume it was the toy. Not that he had more than a fraction of a moment to consider it, because he was instantaneously being dragged away.

Not that he minded, and soon he was bounding beside the girl as they made a hasty retreat. What a grip she had! He giggled as they left the dining hall and were safely out of earshot. He had promised to keep her safe and out of trouble, and he could not lie to his master, so safe and trouble-free they would stay. That wouldn't keep him from having fun, though. There were a lot of things they could do that could be considered safe and not troublesome.

"So what does little Miss Emma wish to see first? Ashlar can show her so many things! There are the gardens, but it is a bit dark to properly see them, and the flowers are not blooming quite yet. Oh, there is the ballroom; it is very shiny and sparkly in there. There's the music room, the library, the stables...oh! And the kitchen where we can sneak desserts."

GoblinFae

The moment Emma realized they were alone, her muteness returned. She did not wish to appear rude but she still could not believe he was talking to her. 'He even let me hold his hand,' she thought blushing warmly and fidgeting where she stood.

For a few more moments the child worried her lip in thought while staring at the floor before bringing her bunny up in front of her face. One chocolate eye peeked out over the toy's shoulder to observe Ashlar, believing that he could not see her behind H.B. "Hello, I'm HoneyBlossom," she made it say, setting it into another small bow. "But, you can call me H.B. Emmy does too."

HoneyBlossom scratched his head in thought while the child holding him tried to think of a proper answer to what they should do first. "Are there horsies in the stables? We like animals."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Ashlar was excited and hyper and plenty happy to talk enough for them both. The little girl didn't answer him right away on what she wanted to explore, and he tilted his head in puzzlement once again. What an odd child. She didn't seem frightened of him, so he knew that could not be why she seemed to have lost her voice in his presence. Perhaps he was simply overwhelming? Yes, that must be it, and who could blame her, he was rather magnificent.

When he was presented with the stuffed toy, being spoken to through it, Ashlar crouched down to be on the proper eye level. He grinned from ear to ear. "Ashlar is very pleased to meet the Mister H.B., yes he is. If it is stables you wish to see, then that is where Ashlar shall take you."

Wasn't this just the most precious child? Talking to him through her bunny, blushing and too shy to speak for herself. Well, he would play right along with it. After all, Wallaby was tucked carefully into the sash about his waist. With a smile he offered Emma his hand, beckoning her with the other. "This way to the stables, Mister H.B and Miss Emma."

GoblinFae

She had not been expecting such a reaction from him. Most adults just ignored HoneyBlossom entirely and those that did not, considered him a necessary evil to contend with. Emma giggled giddily, wanting nothing more than to dance around in place for such a "victory." She got so excited that her shyness of before drained away enough for her to let the bunny dangle precariously from one hand while she hopped forward to wrap her little arms around Ashlar's neck in a warm hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Emma gave him one more squeeze and an excited kiss to his cheek before pulling back and placing her tiny hand in his much larger one. Pausing for a moment to look around nervously, she raised a finger of the hand still dangling H.B. to her lips and winked.

"Shh, Mother mustn't know or there'll be no bedtime story tonight, Mister Ashley Sir. Just our little secret right?" The child looked up at him hopefully, a conspiratorial gleam reflecting in her innocent chocolate brown eyes.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Ashlar was quite surprised by the sudden hug, it felt nice to have the arms of a child about his neck again; it had been a long time since he'd had such a hug. It stirred up within him maternal instincts. His eyes slid closed and a soft purr came from him as she gave him a light peck on the cheek before she pulled away. His arms twitched, they had become stiff at the hug to keep from wrapping the child up in his arms. This was not one of his babies; he was forced to remind himself.

His delicate fingers wrapped around her hand as he opened his eyes and chuckled at her insistence on keeping that little display of affection as their little secret. His one visible eye sparkled faintly, a soft glowing red. "No bedtime story? How dreadful! No, no, Ashlar will most certainly keep our secret Miss Emma."

With a grin he put his own finger to his lips in a hushing gesture, and then he winked playfully and stood up. Leading her carefully by the hand he took her out to the stables. It was a short walk and he made sure she did not trip or fall on any steps. There were a few groomers in the stables, which were fairly large, and the lamps were still lit. Ashlar pointed to a few stables near the back. "Miss Emma's carriage and horses are over there. Would she like to visit them? Or does Miss Emma want to see Master Horst's horses?"

GoblinFae

Skipping along, Emma allowed their hands to swing back and forth on the journey to the stables. She would not remember most of it though as the act of hopping down steps and occasionally bumping into and away from Ashlar was far more interesting to her at the moment. He was a fascinating mystery for her to try and unravel.

When they at last arrived in the stables, the child stubbornly turned her back to her family's horses, arms crossed in front of her as a scowl formed on her face. "We don't like the Fiore horsies," she firmly informed the slave. "The big meanieheads tried to eat H.B., you see Mister Ashley sir. It was horrible."

The Fiore heir stared up wide-eyed with concern at her new friend, her little hands both clinging tightly to Ashlar's warm one. "Lord Horst's horsies aren't like that are they? H.B. will be safe? You can pwomise me they won't eat him?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Ashlar's face became a mask of pure horror as Emma explained that her horses had tried to eat poor Mister H.B. His ears pinned back and his tail flicked in agitation. "Oh no! That's so awful! Poor, poor Mister H.B.! Those mean horses didn't hurt you, did they?"

When she asked about the other horses, Ashlar's demeanor changed immediately. He threw his shoulders back and puffed out his chest; face a mask of grim determination. It was actually a pretty comical sight. "Never fear, Miss Emma and Mister H.B.! No horses will be eating Mister H.B. on Ashlar's watch. Ashlar would not allow them to hurt poor Mister H.B.! Oh, nononono."

Breaking down into giggles he crouched back down to be of a height with Emma again, crimson eye sparkling in delight. "If one of them horses tries to bite Mister H.B. Ashlar will bop them right on the nose! Now come little Miss Emma, let's visit one of the horses!"

GoblinFae

"No, no just poor H.B. It was a cwime enough I think." Emma hugged her precious toy close to her chest and rocked him side to side as if to console him. "But you'll really bop them? Like this," she asked reaching out her forefinger to lightly tap Ashlar on the nose. The act sent her into another fit of giggles and into turning a dark shade of rose that complimented her dress nicely.

A soft nicker from one of the older horses soon caught her attention, suddenly making her very intent to hold Ashlar's hand and press close into his side. The horse's dark brown head appeared from over the stall door and lowered to eye the pink human and her black-clad guardian.

Wide-eyed and silent, Emma nervously reached out the hand not holding her prized bunny, to pat the velvet nose. The horse snorted before moving his head to try and snuffle around her person for a treat, keeping a wary eye on Ashlar all the while.

Emma laughed joyfully, scrunching her shoulders up around her ears to stop the horse. "It tickles!" she squealed, finally running behind Ashlar to escape, her eyes bright with mirth. Some of the laughter faded though as she came face to with the tail that had been both fascinating and perplexing her all through dinner.

Placing her hands on her hips she stared at the fluffy appendage in thought. "So Mister Ashley Sir, I have to asks, why do you like wearing an animal tail? I mean what about the poor animal who is now missing a tail?!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Ashlar grinned, his eyes closing and nose scrunching as she poked it with her adorable little finger. He almost squealed at just how cute she was. Instead he giggled, opening his red eye to observe her blushing. She blushed a lot, didn't she? "Yup! Ashlar will bop any mean horsies, just like that."

His ear flickered at the sound of one of the horses nickering at them. He smiled as Emma squeezed his hand and kept close to his side, he put his other arm around her protectively as he watched her reach up to pat the old horse on the nose. Her laughter at the horse's snuggling caused him to giggle again, she was so precious and he found himself wishing he could keep her.

A moment later she had run behind him to escape the horse and he looked over his shoulder at her. She's seemed to have noticed his tail, which swished slightly as she looked up at him and questioned it. He adored the way she talked! He found himself clutching his sides and losing his balance. Plopping down on the floor he was caught up in a fit of giggles, unable to answer right away.

After almost a full minute of laughter, he finally got ahold of himself. "But that is Ashlar's tail! No animals are missing their tails because of Ashlar. Look, his ears even match!" He wiggled both his ears and tail, as if to prove his point. "Ashlar swears they're real, and they're his. Would Miss Emma like to touch them and see for herself?"