Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Northwatch Nightwatch [Goblin]

Started by Juno, October 07, 2013, 08:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

"Oh, well... Thank you," Kai told him sincerely, her cheeks warm again at the gesture. She wasted no time in getting herself situated on it, leaving as much room as she could for him and their things as she had herself scooted into a corner. "I didn't make anything," she told him honestly as she reached for the basket of food. "Never been asked to cook before, but I promise these are good," she insisted, her voice cheery as she lifted one of the small meat pies and held it out for him after setting the other on her knee, the food balanced quite precariously. "And there's bread, too. Wasn't sure what your appetite would be like."

GoblinFae

"Really?" he found himself asking in surprise. "Being the High Lady's assistant makes you that indispensable then? That must be reassuring to you that you'll always have position of service. Not many people are lucky enough to get that these days."

Feeling slightly embarrassed by his comment though, Donovan decided to do something very Oliver-like and instead of reaching to take the pie he leaned in close and took a small bite out of it with his teeth before sitting back and humming in appreciation.

"Thank you it's quite good. Although I must say the delivery is the best part," he told her with a roguish wink.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Kai nodded eagerly. She may have been a noblewoman by birth but she knew that her position was precarious and her life could be thrown into limbo in a second should anything ill befall her beloved High Lady. "Yes, I feel fortunate to serve her," she told him honestly, though she gasped and giggled for the way he ate from her hand. A faint blush rushed to her cheeks as she hurried to wrap the remainder of his food in a napkin and set it down for him.

Taking up her own food, she bit into it eagerly, savoring the taste as the first thing she had eaten that day, a satisfied hum rising from her throat. "You are far too sweet," she admired, her blue eyes studying him with a decided appreciation.

"What's that you got there?" she prompted, breaking her stare as she glanced down at the bottle he'd brought, though the question had her face falling again as she realized she hadn't thought to bring any sort of cups or glasses for them. "I'm sorry, I...forgot a lot of things I wanted to bring. I was just so excited to meet you again," she admitted, thinking it obvious from the relative emptiness of the basket that she hadn't brought cups. "You don't mind drinking from the bottle, do you?"

GoblinFae

He glanced down in surprise at the bottle, having completely forgotten that he still had it in hand. "Ah this, well I won't mind drinking from it if you don't mind sharing it," Donovan said with a chuckle and a smile. "No harm between friends right?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

"None at all," Kai agreed, happily nibbling at her food as she turned her head to look out at the sight of the city just below them. The air felt cool but not too chilly, and the light breeze was welcome upon her skin. Her appetite was clear, though not so much to herself, the noblewoman quickly putting away her pie. When she had finished she reached for the bread that remained in the basket, tearing a hunk off for herself. "So... I've heard of your parents. And obviously your brother, too. Do you have any other family here? Any other siblings?" she asked.

GoblinFae

Donovan shook his head as he swallowed a bite of pie and cleared his throat. "No, it's always been just the four of us, a quaint quartet if you will. Never too small to need extra help and never too large to escape mother's commanding gaze," he joked while offering her the bottle of wine. "And you? What's your family like, my dear lady? Surely life is not all business and politics for you."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Kai took the bottle, staring at it for a moment before lifting it to her lips to take a long drink. It was a little bitter, but she didn't mind the taste. She was almost embarrassed by his question, though, feeling almost as if he didn't believe what had happened to her parents. Or perhaps, she guessed, he was too young to really know about them. She took the inquiry as one of a curious citizen, still certain he already knew who she was. What else could it have been?

"Well, I don't remember much of my father. He died when I was very young, and my mother raised my sister and I. Or at least my sister made it to adulthood. Our mother was a kind lady from what I remember of her, but she passed away when I was twelve, almost thirteen years-old.

"I made it my mission from a young age to serve our High Lady," she told him with a fond smile. "She always looked out for me and protected me. If it had not been for her I would have been an orphan wandering the street, but she gave me purpose, sheltered me from prying eyes, and raised me as her own child. She gave me a home. She is my family now, so yes, much of my life is politics and business. But I don't mind it at all, it's what I've known for almost as long as I can remember," she told him honestly, taking another long drink from the wine before handing the strong beverage back to him, her cheeks already quite flushed from it.

"It has its perks," she giggled. "I got to wear that dress last night. And I got to meet you. I've been trained in dance and song, reading and writing. I want to learn more but I haven't really had the time to spare lately... What are your hobbies?" she asked him with genuine interest in her eyes. "Or is your work consuming you too much for them right now?"

GoblinFae

"Fortune has smiled on you indeed and brought you good things to further yourself despite hardship. How wonderful for you," he stated honestly and without any resentment. "I'm sure you make our High Lady proud with your hard work and earnestness. You do our country honor my sweet little lady."

Donovan smiled at her, taking the bottle back and likewise taking a long drink from it. "My brother and I both manage to steal some time for ourselves and our hobbies when we can. We're a bit different in that respect though. At home we are known as Oliver the wooer and Donovan the woodworker," he told her with a playful wink and slight chuckle. "Seriously though we spend our time writing poetry or working on orders to sell in our parent's shop. Outside of the guard our lives are quite simple I'd say, nothing as exciting as working with the High Lady if you were to ask me."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"That sounds lovely, but I would hardly call wooing a hobby," she told him, waggling her brows at him playfully."It can be exciting, but sometimes for all the wrong reasons. I honestly prefer to keep my distance when I can. I'm exhausted for her half the time," she joked, sated at last as she returned the remains of her bread to the basket.

Cautious of the positioning of her dress for the breeze that swept the hilltop, Kai laid back to stare up at the tree and the sky beyond it, admiring the good weather and trying to sneak a few admiring peeks at him. She was content with the quiet and hoped he didn't take offense with her silence, but she eventually spoke up again. "When do you need to head back?" she asked gently, the question not meant to hurry him or shoo him away.

GoblinFae

Donovan looked down at her in amusement before taking a few more sips of the wine and joining her. He interlaced his hands behind his head while staring up at the clouds above, completely oblivious to her covert glances as they enjoyed the quiet of the afternoon.

When she spoke again, he turned his head to look at her with a warm smile. "When you are ready to go back and not a moment before, my lady. Do you need to be back soon? I would hate to make you late."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"No, not soon," she told him, smiling some and turning her head to look at him properly and stop sneaking little glances. "I should probably return before it gets to be dinnertime, but even then there's no rush. I just hope that you do not bore of me before then," she admitted, blushing slightly before tilting her head to the sky once more.

"Perhaps we could take a walk about the city like I mentioned yesterday. I just had to drag you out here when I realized how nice a day it was," Kai giggled, meaning it in an entirely innocent way.

GoblinFae

"And rightly so," he commented, rolling to lay on his side and look at her from a propped up position. "It's quite peaceful here. But, if a walk is truly what the lady desires who am I to deny her the exercise she believes she needs. Should you desire alternative methods of stretching though I am more than happy to accommodate and assist in the matter." Donovan waggled his brows and winked at her in a teasing manner. "No need to be shy now."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Kai watched him, the young woman not quite realizing what he meant by what he said even as she giggled and blushed for his winking at her. Rolling to prop herself up on her elbow, facing him with an honest and playful smile, she inquired, "Alternative? Like what? Did you want to go horse riding?" she guessed, it being the only thing she could think of as an alternative exercise.

GoblinFae

Donovan chuckled at her oblivious innocence as to him it reminded him more of himself than the brother he was pretending to be. Nevertheless he could not help himself and continued onward with the innuendos.

"Mm, yes riding can be quite fun and energetic experience, especially when letting the woman dominate the field so to say, looking all pretty and proper atop her stallion. Though there are still plenty of other methods of doing the same thing all ending in the same exhausted but satisfied result."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Kailinna's eyes brightened, the young woman thinking she knew exactly what he was getting at when she truly had no idea. "Oh! Dancing, of course," she giggled, pushing off her elbow to sit up straight again. "I suppose the wind might object to that, huh? I do love to ride, though. Perhaps... We could do that... Next time?" she asked, her cheeks flushing bright red at the realization that she was asking to meet him again already.

GoblinFae

"It would be an honor," he murmured, also sitting up but to bow to her from his seated position. "Are you quite rested now or did you wish to go on the walk you mentioned? Or was it dancing you were looking to do?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"A walk would be nice," Kai agreed, eager to cover for her slip in propriety. "Perhaps I could walk you home?" she asked as she climbed to her feet, not realizing that what she was suggesting was also a bit abnormal.

GoblinFae

Donovan tutted and wagged his finger at her. "Now, now my dear we've only just met. You can't get into these pants quite so easily on the first date after a bit of wine. You have to take me out on at least a second date before we can even kiss! Woman!" He mock-fanned himself as he sat up straight and batted his eyes in distress.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

It only took a moment for her eyes to bug and the noblewoman to turn away from him in a panic as she rushed to cover her face. "Nonononono! I'm so sorry!" she begged, her voice muffled as she dropped her face to her hands with a groan. "I would never! Well, never do that not- I didn't mean- I wouldn't-" she struggled to recover and could only sigh, feeling it a lost cause and herself made the total fool in her fumblings.

"Please just ignore that I said any of that," she begged, sighing heavily as she tilted her head to give him a pleading look. "I don't want to...ruin our nice day."

GoblinFae

He laughed loudly and deeply, offering her the warmest of smiles. "Fear thee not, my lady. I can turn a blind eye to it just this once," he continued to tease, giving her a big wink. "But only if you'll allow me the honor of walking you home to your door."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]