Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Northwatch Nightwatch [Goblin]

Started by Juno, October 07, 2013, 08:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Kai was disappointed when he stopped their dance, but she tried not to show it. "You're very thoughtful, thank you," she praised. "There is nothing to forgive, but if it would make you feel better then you are entirely forgiven," she giggled as she took up the arm he offered her to let him lead her from the dancefloor. "A walk sounds lovely, I have to admit. I just hope it isn't too cold out there," she finished quietly as she glanced out the window.

"Do you not dance very often?" she wondered, assuming that his issue had to do with being winded and not a difference of skill. "You look so young and healthy," Kai praised. "I would think men like you would be in the prime of health."

GoblinFae

"Never fear my dear, I can keep you warm should it be too cold," he offered gently pulling her close to his side as he began to lead them outside. "I am afraid though you are correct. As a soldier I do not earn many opportunities to dance despite my youth and virility. I can assure you nevertheless, I have never been more in my prime," Oliver boasted with a smirk.

Her mention of desiring fun earlier had greatly intrigued him and the blond was more than willing to take her up on it for all she was worth. Little did he know though their meanings were entirely different and if he was not careful he very well may earn himself a slap in the face.

"I must ask though Miss Kai, where is your sweetheart tonight? Is he working another part of the manor this evening and unable to join in the festivities?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

"Such a shame," she sighed, smiling up at him sympathetically. The young noblewoman was very comfortable walking with him. After all, what was there to fear of the guard? His question threw her for a loop, though. How was she to respond to that? Did everyone truly think her to have a sweetheart? She certainly hoped not, it wouldn't bode well for her prospects. "Oh... Um... Well, no," she fumbled nervously, clearing her throat and holding onto his arm a bit tighter.

"I suppose you've been misinformed," she told him gently as she fussed with her hair and swept it back behind her ears. "I don't have a sweetheart, you see. I guess it just isn't very practical for someone like me. It isn't for a lack of trying," she admitted hurriedly with a blush as she thought of all the handsome young men she'd taken notice of that she had never had the chance of growing close enough to to even have a chance of calling the relationship a courtship. "I just... Don't have anyone like that. ...Why?"

Thinking for a few moments, though, she realized with a bit of horror that she could possibly be spending time with a taken man. A quick glance to his hand didn't afford her a view of a ring, but how many men actually wore them anyway? Nervously, she tried to put a bit of distance between them as they continued along. "Please forgive me," she blurted out. "I didn't even think to ask the same of you before... I certainly hope you have not left your girl alone to spend time here," she told him with a concerned, furrowed brow.

GoblinFae

Oliver's joy that she was unattached was short-lived as she began to draw away from him before he knew why. "Oh no no no! No," he chuckled shaking his head forcefully. "I am afraid I am quite unattached Miss. Nay I would not do that to either you or any lady of mine. It just seems though that no lady wishes to be mine. I blame the job, really. The ladies are always too afraid something will happen. Their poor hearts can't take it I suppose."

He sighed and shook his head sadly. "I hope you don't feel awkward now. I really have been enjoying our time together. You're a delight to talk to and you're not the only one that would be open to a bit of fun."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

"Oh..." she whispered softly, feeling entirely embarrassed now for assuming that about him when it wasn't true. "No, no, not awkward at all! And I'm glad to hear that," she told him genuinely. "We should try to get together again. I'd love to get to know you better."

Reacquiring their closer positioning as she let their sides touch once more, Kai lifted her chin and tried not to let her shame ruin the moment for her. "I've actually heard that from other soldiers," she admitted with a sympathetic frown. "That it's difficult to meet women or keep their wives or sweethearts happy with their busy lives. It's a shame when so many have been nothing short of outstanding gentlemen in my experience.

"That includes you," she told him, glancing his way shyly. "Despite what you might say about yourself. Your brother, too. I would keep your hopes up, though! A soldier's lady has to be a special person all on her own, so don't give up," she encouraged.

GoblinFae

From the corner of his eye, Oliver gave Kailinna an appraising look before offering her a knowing smile. "I'd like to get to know you better too my dear. Lucky for you though my social schedule happens to be completely open. Would you be this poor soldier's special lady?" he jested, giving the back of her hand a gentle pat.

"You're quite sweet though. I mean I can understand you saying we'll get ladies but one of us is far too shy and the other far too flirtatious. But, I'll leave it up to you to determine which is which," he chuckled with a big wink. "I'm sure you have your fair pick of suitors though."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Kai was nothing short of flustered by his joking question. "Didn't your mother ever tell you it wasn't nice to play with a lady's heart?" she sighed teasingly, desperately hoping to shrug it off without offending him, for she had no idea how he would take it.

"I'm sure there are ladies out there that will appreciate the shyness and the flirting," she giggled. "All in good time. I've never known a love to form overnight, though I'm sure many ladies would beg to differ about their own hearts.

"But for me, well... I wouldn't say I have my pick," she sighed, wishing it were true. "Truth be told, I don't have anyone. Or anyone that's shown any real interest, at least. I've just...never had a suitor," she told him truthfully, though she was blushing for admitting such a thing to someone she'd only just met.

"I promise I'm not defective," she teased, playfully giving his side a gentle nudge with her elbow. "I suppose I just haven't caught anyone's attention in that way. I'm sure he's out there, though. It's just a matter of waiting... Or perhaps I'm a fool for waiting, who knows."

GoblinFae

Oliver gasped in shock. "Not a single suitor? Are all the good men in Northwatch blind? How can they not see how you shine with such a radiant inner light? Oh Kai I toy not with ladies' hearts but simply speak the truth. You are quite beautiful and they are blind fools not to see the perfection that stands before them as I see it."

He sighed mournfully and shook his head. "If I was but a richer man I would woo you as you deserved. Alas I am not and am quite unable to provide you with all the trinkets to show you just how special you truly are."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Kailinna was a bit embarrassed with the way he kept pointing out her status as a single lady. It didn't really occur to her that he was simply shocked about it. "Well, thank you," she said, meaning it sincerely for she was not used to being showered with so many compliments. "But...I suppose they could be blind, but I can't deny that I have nothing to offer a man but myself. I have no money or resources. Just a few family heirlooms, really, but even those mostly only have value because of their history.

"But really I don't think of myself as deserving of or even wanting those sorts of things. I don't put stock in trinkets, though I suppose the occasional one might be nice. I'm not picky. I would rather find love than have meaningless baubles. I just want to find happiness," she sighed, smiling slightly at how silly she thought she must sound.

"I just want a partner that respects me and loves me and can take care of me when I need it. Maybe raise a family, if there's money enough, but I really am a simple, unpicky girl. Maybe men prefer women who are picky, who know exactly what they're looking for," she mused, frowning slightly in thought.

"You're very sweet, though," she praised, blushing slightly as she glanced over at him. "To call me special... What do you think it is men look for? Do they go for money? Status? Reputation? Beauty? What would you look for in a girl?"

GoblinFae

He nodded his head, listening carefully to what she had to say while throwing away the comments she said about herself that he did not agree with. Oliver and Donovan both came from a hard-working family. There was not much that they would earn from their parents' passing nor would there be much for their future children when their own time came.

Yet, for all Oliver's going on about showering a woman in fashionable things, he knew it was not something he could afford. To hear that Kailinna wanted something else, something more precious from him than jewels and other material possessions was both refreshing and mind-boggling. After all, every woman he had known had always wanted something or other from him that had caused him and his twin to scrap together their earnings and winnings to try and procure.

Softly, he spoke to her, answering her question with the utmost consideration and honesty. "I cannot vouch for other men I am afraid. Although, I am sure there are those who wish all of those things in some form or another. Personally though, I look for a heart that beats in time with mine." Oliver laughed at himself and shook his head shyly. "Forgive me, I am too bold Kai. I have probably made you right uncomfortable now."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Awww. That's so sweet," she admired, blushing and smiling as he laughed. "Oh, no. Not too bold at all. I'm not uncomfortable, I promise I would tell you if I was.

"I just... thought it was romantic," she explained, waving her free hand nervously as she looked back at the house. "Your lady will be very lucky," she praised again, sighing happily at the thought of having a partner that might only seek harmony and love in a relationship, someone that did not care about getting at her sister's wealth and property. "We should probably be heading back to the ball soon, don't you think?" she reminded him.

GoblinFae

"Are you cold Kai? I would dare to spend but a few more moments with you in this sweet solitude if you can bear it but a bit longer. I feel I have wronged you by denying you a full dance. If you would be willing, this poor romantic at heart," he declared, clasping his free hand to his chest with a heavy thump, "would seek to rectify that here and now and finish our dance among starlight and moonlight."

He shifted enough to see her face to face, afraid of scaring her off for good but also praying that he was endearing himself to her enough to make her remember him come morning's light.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"A bit, yes," she admitted, though it was hurriedly followed with, "But I'll be alright, I can deal with it." His words had her feeling quite guilty, though. She did not wish for him to feel as if he had wronged her for not dancing for as long as his brother had. His offer to finish the dance, though, was indeed quite endearing to her, for she had already given up on the prospect of any more dancing for the night. "Oh, that would be lovely!" she exclaimed, having trouble keeping herself from blatantly squealing in her surprise and joy.

Stopping and adjusting herself as he turned to face her, though, she began to feel quite silly for wanting to dance with him in the gardens. Still, she tentatively placed her hand in his and brought the other to his shoulder. "We can take it slow," she tried to encourage him, giggling a bit. "I don't want you to trip over your feet again.

"There's no music, though," she frowned, looking out at the light coming through the windows of her home. "We could try... Well, I could sing," she offered shyly, suggesting further. "Something slow and easy?"

GoblinFae

Oliver could not stop himself from smiling so largely or so warmly in the face of the young lady's enthusiasm. In a heartbeat his coat was swept off his shoulders and draped about Kailinna's instead. While he was delighted that she had accepted his proposal he was completely caught off guard by her question.

"You sing too? My dear woman you are indeed an invaluable jewel!" He turned the hand in his to place a soft kiss to the back of it before moving forward into her embrace. "If the lady wishes to sing this poor soldier would be most honored."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Is it that uncommon?" she wondered, giggling and bubbly with glee as he once more placed a kiss to her hand. "You are most generous with your compliments...Oliver," she stated, very confident in remembering him correctly.

Gently holding him close as she began soft, swaying steps, Kai averted her eyes in her slight shyness as she mentally prepared herself to sing for such a captive audience. Beginning a gentle lullaby, the noblewoman gradually found her rhythm in both song and steps. She knew it would not last long, but even in the moment it seemed like forever.

GoblinFae

He gave her a wink but did not answer. In no time at all Oliver found himself enthralled. There was truly dancing and with a beautiful woman who could sing like heavens had come down to earth. Very slowly the faux-soldier drew Kailinna closer and closer to his own body as he danced them in smaller and smaller circles.

Very softly, as if afraid to break the spell if the moment, Oliver began to hum in harmony with her lullaby. His eyes closed in happiness while rocked them both gently.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

She was secretly thrilled that he not only seemed to not mind her singing but enjoyed it. It was encouraging, and she gradually sang with more confidence as silent thanks. Kai felt strangely at home in his arms and, naively, felt quite protected.

She smiled encouragingly when he started to join in, hoping he actually knew the little tune she was singing or that he had at least caught on to it. Gradually, their dance devolved into a simple swaying in place, but she didn't mind at all. It was already so much more than she could have asked for, or so she thought.

Once the song came to an end, she suddenly found herself feeling quite shy and giggly and wouldn't look at him as her cheeks blushed bright red in the darkness. "Thank you for that," she whispered, though she couldn't really get her giggle to stop between her nervousness and slight embarrassment. "Private dances are much, much better. Being without all the prying eyes."

GoblinFae

"No," he whispered throatily. "Thank you. It was," Oliver sighed and decided to take a chance. Quickly before she could stop him, he leaned in and placed a chaste kiss to her cheek. "Perfect." Taking a respectful step back while still holding her hand, he nodded his head back to the manner.

"We should get back before they start wondering where you are Kai." Fearing that she may think ill of him though he hurried to continue. "I hope that sometime in the future we could have another private dance. I have to admit that this was my first but it was the best dance I have ever had."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Gasping for the quick, gentle kiss placed upon her cheek, Kai stood frozen in her shock, though she was not opposed to it at all and actually found it quite endearing and sweet of him. "Oh... Yes, we probably should," she answered hurriedly, looking between him and her home, though a bit regretfully that their time together seemed to be coming to an end.

"It was nice, thank you for...playing along," she smiled, nudging him playfully with her elbow as she turned to start heading back. Slipping his coat off, she held it out to him. "Here, I don't want you getting cold. I'm all warmed up now...from that and the singing, so thank you," she giggled before admitting. "You've been so kind...and sweet. I would love to dance with you again some day. I'll be sure to invite you to our next ball."

GoblinFae

Oliver took the coat and once more placed it about her shoulders. "What kind of gentleman would I be if I let the lady I was escorting freeze in this night chill? Fear not, dear my heart is warm with affection and that is enough for me."

He smiled, secretly cheering at garnering a spoken invitation to the next High Lady's ball. "However, I must correct you on something. I was far from playing at pretend. I truly did enjoy dancing with you and spending the night with you. I would be honored if I received another invitation and I wish to extend my own that we meet again sometime without all this formality. Perhaps we could dance on a hillside somewhere," he suggested with a playful wink.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]