Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Business Most Personal [GoblinFae!]

Started by Zane, April 22, 2015, 06:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

Hannah curtsied to the housekeeper, it seemed she were the person to know should you want to learn all the little goings on in the house. "Is an honor and pleasure to meet you ma'am." Friendly and cordial to the staff, like her grandmother had taught her. When Dally came up behind her free from the second carriage it seemed, she introduced him. "This is Dalivon. He's my hand servant and answers just finely to Dally. Should you need extra hands, please feel free to come and grab him." Dally gave a deep bow to Moiran before returning to his place behind and to Hannah's left.

GoblinFae

Moiran curtseyed back with a smile. "Should you need anything as well Mister Dalivon you too need only ask. By your leave though milord, milady, sir," she greeted each in turn, "I must be on my way to make sure everything is in order for the guests arrive." With a nod from Ithel she was quickly on her way.

Turning to Hannah and with an acknowledging nod to her hand servant he offered her his arm. "Would you care to see inside? I'm sure the children will be down shortly and you can meet them before retiring to your rooms if you so desire. Your things should already be in place for you though if anything is not to your liking, it can be remedied as soon as possible."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zane

Hannah wound her arm around his and nodded, "I would very much like to see inside, Thank you. I mean, if I am going to live here I may as well go inside at least once." She said with a smile and laughter in her voice as she tried being inviting with him once again. She wondered, briefly, how well she would get along with him and his family. She turned her head towards Dally, "You go after Miss Moiran and see what you can do to help, leave my husband and me to wander about." The Servant nodded and silently headed after her.

"The Manor looks quite lovely from the outside, I am certain the rest of it is to match."

GoblinFae

Ithel's cheeks flushed slightly though he kept his expression neutral at being reminded they were married now. He wondered at what ease it seemed to take her to utter it so soon when he himself struggled each and every time he had to introduce her.

"I'm glad you approve," he murmured softly, leading her inside and pausing in the main receiving hall where the small ball celebrating their marriage would take place. Ahead of them was a large staircase that led to separate wings while on either side of it on the lower level were several doors leading the dining hall, kitchens, servant quarters and other similar rooms.

"I can show you this floor later if you still desire but I think it best to stay out of Moiran and the other servants' ways. I have been told I am not always welcome in the kitchen when there is work to be done. I think the cook still remembers me from my youth and my penchant for cherry tarts," he jested fondly before realizing she might not find it nearly as amusing as he did.

Clearing his throat nervously, Ithel continued. "Upstairs if you'll follow me are the sleeping quarters, studies, and the main library. I'm sure my siblings will make their appearance around here somewhere soon too. Is there something in particular you wished to see first? Your rooms perhaps?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zane

She giggled softly at his comment about being banned from the kitchen, "Our cooks used to have place out decoy plates of pastries, no matter how many times I was banned from the kitchen, I snuck back in." She shook her head with amusement, "I would like to see your favorite room." She stated, trying to look invested in him. No, she was trying to invest in him. They were married, she couldn't treat him like a stranger, or worse, like a client. Though briefly she had to wonder what he meant by 'her rooms'. Rooms implied more than one, just how much space was he providing her. All she really needed was a bedroom and a study, and they didn't even need to be different rooms. Sure the space was nice but is was surely unexpected. Ithel had said she would have space all to herself. Just how much of his house was he giving to her?

GoblinFae

"My favorite room?" he found himself repeating dumbly. "Well I suppose it will have to be my second favorite then. The kitchen is still off-limits I'm afraid. However, the room I enjoy equally as much is also upstairs if you'll just follow me. It isn't much but, I enjoy it," Ithel told her quietly as he led her to a small room in his wing of the house on the right wing of the upper level.

The room he led her to was small and quaint. There was a place for a fire with two somewhat worn armchairs beside it with end tables next to them. There was a painting on the mantle and a few unlit candles about the room but it was otherwise rather bereft of purpose. Yet, to Ithel it was a room that meant many things. In life it had been this room and a similar one back home in Turgall where his mother and father had sat and talked while the children played until it was time for bed. It was a room that meant family even when there was no family to enjoy it anymore. It represented things that Ithel could not share with his new wife yet he showed it to her nonetheless before shrugging somewhat bashfully. "It's not much but I enjoy it," he informed her modestly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zane

The room, oddly enough, reminded her of her grandmother. Something about the atmosphere of the place seemed... intimate. This was a room for those that cared deeply for each other. There was history here, something that she could not, and maybe would not, know. But she could feel it. She could sense the stories these walls told amongst themselves.

She did not belong in this room, not yet at least. She needed to get out. "This looks very inviting, Ithel. I think I can see why you like it in here." She was quiet for a moment out of deference before asking, "Can I see the Library next?"

GoblinFae

"Ah the library is back this way," he told her leading her back to the head of the stairs where a large set of double doors opened to another long hall. "Many of the main receiving and meeting rooms are this way as it is deemed a more neutral ground that does not invade the private wings of the household. The library itself is at the very end of this hall. Feel free to use these rooms though as you see fit for your business."

Ithel opened the door of the library, ushering his new bride in even the shouts of children's laughter rang throughout the room. Found at last, his three siblings chased each other around the tables in the library and down the aisles of books until was able to snag his brother who was currently chasing their two sisters.

"Settle down you three. I have someone here for you to meet," he called to them as he kept a firm grip on Kermit's shoulders. "Hannah, these are my younger siblings, Thrya, Keeleigh, and Kermit." Ithel nodded to each of them in turn as the three children bowed and curtseyed in response to their name. Thrya however stepped forward to correct her name as "T" before nodding and falling silent again. Ithel only chuckled at the interruption before continuing. "And this is Hannah, my wife. She'll be like an older sister to you," he tried to clarify for the youngest two who looked between the adults quizzically. "I hope you will treat her well as you treat each other if not better. She will be living with us from now on."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zane

Well, Ithel had finally accomplished it, he had called Hannah his wife without any struggle in his voice or posture. Also to be immediately referred to as an older sister to his siblings. It was a start. The new Lady Conlaoch curtsied to them and said, "It's a pleasure to meet the three of you, I'm sure we will get along quite well."

And that was probably the biggest lie she would tell all day. As Hannah had grown up an only child, she was jealous. If it has been her running around in a library, she would have gotten her tail end warmed by a belt of switch. She'd never really had the chance to interact with many young children. But she would do her best to get along with her new family, all of them.

GoblinFae

It was Keeleigh that stepped forward, innocently taking Hannah's hand within her own smaller one and giving it a gentle tug. "Will you come play with us Lady Hannah?" Behind her though her twin huffed and rolled his eyes. "Great! More girls that's JUST what I need. Ithel when are we going to eat?" he whined instead, turning pleading eyes to his elder brother. "I'm hungry!"

"You're always hungry, Kermie," Keeleigh snapped back with obvious irritation. "And what's wrong with Lady Hannah joining us? Afraid she'll be better than you?"

"I'm not afraid and don't call me that! ITHEL!"

Said nobleman winced before offering the bickering pair a stern look. "Enough! Is this the way we greet people? Well?"

Thyra looked like she wanted to laugh while Keeleigh looked nervously and apologetically up at Hannah. "I'm sorry, Lady Hannah! Please don't hate me!" Her apology was ruined though by her own twin's half-hearted and grumbled, "yeah sorry."

It was nearly enough to set them off again had Ithel had the mind to latch onto Kermit's shoulder and pull him to his side with a quiet "behave."

"To answer your question Kermit, dinner will be soon. The guests have to arrive first. Since you're all here I also expect you three to continue to be on your best behavior. You would not want Hannah to get the wrong impression of you, would you? You are sweet and loving not bickering rats. She's not going to know that with the way you're behaving now." All three of the children looked slightly crestfallen at the chastising before each apologizing in turn to Hannah.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zane

Hannah watched the exchange with some amount of humor. It was interesting to her, the whole dynamic was so vastly different than that of her own family. "I don't hate you, dear. I've only just met you. And I would love to play with you, but not today. After all I am still in my dress and our guests will be here soon." She looked to Ithel, hoping that she had spoken well. Children were something of a foreign subject to her, besides that what her old nurse maid had told her. Namely about herself.

GoblinFae

Keeleigh beamed with relief and a child's happiness as she impulsively hugged Hannah's arm before retreating back towards her siblings who were already restless to begin their play again. Before Ithel sent them off though Thyra offered her new sister-in-law a small smile and a wink, feeling a slight relief that the new lady of the house was not truly as demonic as they all feared.

While the children hurried to be where they were meant to gather, Ithel could only watch them go with a sigh. "Not exactly the reception I was hoping for but thank you for your gentleness with them. T is only nine and all the rest are so much younger. As adult as they act they are still too young to understand what today even means."

Ithel sighed again and shook his head. "I should not keep you any longer from your own preparations. I have left you with little time and as I understand it women prefer not to be rushed as a rule. My apologies as always. Allow me to escort you to your rooms. I pray to your satisfaction."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zane

"Give them Credit, Ithel. I'm told that children are far more cunning than they let on. While the younger ones may not get it entirely, I have no doubt that Thrya understands more about this day than she is given credit for, I saw more than a little spark of intelligence in her eyes." Hannah smiled knowingly while she spoke. The Lady herself has caught many patronizing nobles off-guard with her wit when she was younger than Thrya was now.

When her husband made mention of her own preparations to be made, she screwed her eyes up thoughtfully, a playful smirk tugging at her lips, "As this is my first wedding, I am a little uncertain of the protocol, Would you like me to stay in this dress for the banquet, or shall I surprise you with one of the dresses I brought?" The former option was far more traditional, while the latter was becoming increasingly more common in wedding between two people of higher status.

GoblinFae

Ithel kept his thoughts to himself. He did not feel it would be good to argue especially something so small. He knew his siblings better than her after all and she would learn in time. While it was true Thrya had some understanding of what was going on, Ithel also knew that her view was skewed. Thyra felt threatened by the new woman in the house and did not see the marriage as what it was. Perhaps when she was older she would understand more fully. He could only hope that in time they would come to relax around each other.

As he paused in front of her door, Ithel gave a moment's thought to her question before replying gently. "I leave the choice to my esteemed wife as she understands fashion and woman's comfort far better than myself." The nobleman bowed before her, motioning her inside. "I will leave you to do as you please and meet you downstairs my dear. I need to ensure the last of the preparations have been made before our guests arrive."

,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zane

Hannah curtsied to Ithel, "I will see you soon." As the door closed, she turned to take stock of her rooms. A fourposter bed with curtains, a dresser with a looking glass attached to it. Walking over, she found that her jewelry had been laid out on little trays. Looking over the pieces of adornment, she sighed, "Grandmother was right, 'Leave it to a man, and you will be left without any clear decisions.'" Hannah was, of course, talking about the multiple times she had asked him what his opinion was on various things involving her. Every time, he responded by having her choose.

"I hope he's not an indecisive lack-wit and is merely trying to make me more comfortable here." she said to no-one in particular, replacing the small diamonds in her ears for deep red, teardrop shaped garnets. They seemed to glint like fire when the light caught them. Next, she when about stripping off her dress, letting the wedding gown lay crumpled on the floor. Dressed in nothing but her modesty, she took note of- for the first time -a large three paned bay window. It was large enough for two to sit and talk while turned to see what sights the window offered.

Despite her nudity, Hannah had the strong urge to go and take a seat, but the brevity of the hour and expectation of guests soon to arrive made that decision for her. Moving to the wardrobe, she found that her dresses had already been hung. She selected a deep purple dress, sliding it over herself and attending to the clasp in the back. The gown portion of the dress had a very thin veil that caught light in a similar fashion as her earrings, reflecting white wherever it managed to snag a sliver of light. Finally, Hannah let her hair down, allowing it to fall around her neck in waves.

Fire and Lightning, Hannah thought as she admired herself in the looking glass. It was a stunning dress, drawing attention in all the right ways without seeming gaudy or tasteless. Making her way from her room, she went downstairs to find her husband, having changed in a very timely manner.

GoblinFae

While his wife prepared and settled in, Ithel took the time away from her to remember how to breathe. It startled him to think of Hannah as his wife, as a woman he would forever call his own yet never hold. He cursed politics that had led him to do what was expected instead of what was right in his mind. It had not helped matters that she had been beautiful.

Ithel pulled himself together, straightened out his clothes and was finishing giving a few last orders when she began her descent to the ground level. No it certainly did not help how beautiful she was, the nobleman decided as his heart skipped a beat. Hannah was no sweet angel, she was a battle queen forged from fire with her pride and confidence as a shield. He was mesmerized, unable to do much more than to stare at her in unabashed awe. There were simply no words in any mortal tongue to describe the sight of her. She was a goddess all in her own right.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zane

Hannah finished her descent of the stairs, coming to stand before her Lord Husband. A mirthful grin splayed across her face as she curtsied deeply to him, as one would a king. She found some satisfaction at the agape look across his face. When she did straighten, Hannah accented it all by turning in an easy circle. Her movements were with the effortless grace of water, or a gentle breeze.

Fixing here eyes on Ithel, she started to say 'Well, what do you think?' but as she looked him over, her face became a contradictory fusion of concern and amusement. "Breathe, Ithel." She said, as if the words alone could break the man of the sudden spell he'd fallen under.

GoblinFae

He swallowed thickly as she paraded herself in front of him, not even realizing he was holding his breath until she drew attention to it. Ithel inhaled suddenly and sharply, blinking several times as a faint blush dusted his pale cheeks.

"You are the most beautiful sight I have ever laid eyes upon," he informed her honestly and without thinking even as his heart raced as if to drum out a tune loud enough for her to hear. Struggling to swallow again as his throat seemed as dry as his skin felt flushed, he offered her his arm. "Shall we greet our guests?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zane

Hannah's head lolled to the side and her eyes closed momentarily, as if he had kissed her along the neck. When her eyes opened again, she gave him one of her knowing smiles. "Your voice lacks the subtle lilt needed for such flattery, sweet Ithel. Be bolder." She wound her arm in his and leaned again him. "Lead the way."

Perhaps she were laying it on a bit thick for him. but she couldn't help it! She were used to staving off the lustful advances of Lordling who came to do business with her mother on behalf of their exaggeratedly important parents with cunning and cutting quips. But Ithel? No, what filled his eyes was not lust, but something strange, some strange emotion of focus and unfocus. When she met his eyes, she saw a dichotomatic mixture of discord and serenity. She found it disettling yet comforting.

GoblinFae

Ithel's features flashed between hurt to neutrality as he tried to hide the pain her words had caused him. He felt as if he had been slapped with a live fish. What kind of man did she take him for to assume he was attempting such unsavory actions? Worse yet, what men did she associate with normally that had led her to make such assumptions of all men that would seek to compliment her simply for her pure, raw beauty?

"It was not meant as flattery," he informed her quietly, sadness seeping into his tone more than he had meant to as he led her to the entrance where the guests were already making their way indoors. His body betrayed none of what he felt as he accepted praise and well wishes on their marriage.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]