Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Case of Black and White

Started by CastlesInTheSky, January 01, 2012, 12:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CastlesInTheSky

Windsor nodded, only slightly calmed by her words. He was pleased to hear that she was, or at least seemed to be, thinking of the healer's wife when she was making her decisions. Windsor felt as if Azaldi and Zahira were family to him. He never would want a thing to happen to either of them. As she ended another sentence with 'boy', he felt himself become slightly irritated but quickly calmed himself, convincing himself that it wasn't worth anything to be irritable.

He could tell the cloaked woman was irritated by his presence quite a bit. At her words, his eyes narrowed and he stood straighter as well, taking a couple steps forward but still giving her plenty of space. He glared at her harshly.

"I don't know who you are, or who you think you are, but if you call yourself an ally of Azaldi, you won't abandon him in the 'face of adversary'," he spat the last sentence, "You would stand firm in protecting him until you could no more. I, but a doctor, managed to protect someone in a tiny room. I did so until I almost got myself killed in the process. You had better exhibit the same faithfulness."

Windsor turned sharply and left the building. Azaldi sighed.

GoblinFae

Tiraris was glad for the hood hiding her face. Windsor's impassioned speech only served to bring her amusement. 'How right you are Dyre. But, I have no loyalties to anyone anymore. Fear not, I will keep our savior safe just as you once kept me protected.'

The corners of her mouth twitched upward as the irate healer stormed out. 'Farewell Windsor. May this last meeting of ours be the end of your troubles and beginning of good fortune. I shall miss you, Dyre. But, not enough to darken your doorstep with my troubles again. Fare thee well.'

"I think now is as good a time as any to leave," she informed Azaldi. "I would hate for him to change his mind and come back." Striding over to the map, she efficiently rolled it back up and cleaned up the last of her things. Slinging her bag across her shoulder she motioned Azaldi into silence and blew out the lamp.

Opening the door and deeming it safe, she nodded to him to follow. Outside the tavern and through the darkened streets they made their way. There were a few close calls but nothing to write home about. Tiraris' quick thinking and Azaldi's silence were a blessing. Several times they were forced to back track in order to not get caught. 'If we can cut across the square and approach by the west gate we should have a better chance of escape. We will just need to be careful as we head north. It is out of our way but may be well worth it the effort.'

Tirairs looked her fugitive companion over calculatively. 'He will never make it across the square my way,' she thought thinking of how she had climbed to the rooftops to save him. She mentally kicked herself, scowling outwardly as she observed the changing of the guard. 'We cannot just run across the square, but we cannot just sit either.'

It was then that she noticed how the shadows fell around the gallows. 'If we can get under there, we might just make it. It is a risk.' Thinking it over, she gave a jerk of her head and signaled Azaldi as to her plan. 'One. Two. Three. Four,' she counted, pacing how long it would take the guards to be out of danger of seeing them.

"On five," she mouthed, holding up her hand. Slowly she lowered her fingers one by one before bolting off towards the gallows. Quietly she dropped, rolling herself under the execution structure. Tensed she tried to see if they had made it undetected.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

The first parts of the journey to escape the city had been trials within themselves. It was very fortunate that he was with an assassin who knew her way around the city; however, it wasn't so fortunate that Windsor was still within the city. Azaldi was worried that he would catch sight of the two of them and somehow give them away as they dashed this way and that. It was hard enough to begin with. No matter how much Windsor admired him and what a solid sense of duty he had, the other man was still a boy to him and easily managed to get them both in trouble.

Azaldi's studied her as he was studied. He supposed she was thinking about what their next move would be and what he could manage to do. Though the healer was no assassin by any means, he was quiet and stealthy. That was what counted at the time.

He tensed as she began counting, understanding her plans now. He found it a bit ironic that he was escaping by using the same thing that had almost been his end. By no means did he want to return to the gallows, but he knew he would be returning there nonetheless if he didn't escape. He joined her when she bolted, barely making it in safely and letting out a very soft breath of relief when he was under the structure.

GoblinFae

'Not over yet,' she thought, glancing over at Azaldi as he sighed. 'We still have to get out from under here.' All was quiet; they had not yet been discovered. The guard remained in their stations and would for many more hours to come. 'We cannot sit here all night. Hmm.'

Mahogany eyes peered out from beneath the gallows towards their intended destination then outwards at possible complications. 'We need a distraction. We'll never make it otherwise. I cannot just sit here like this. We are good as dead this way.'

Tiraris tapped Azaldi on the shoulder, placing a finger to her lips. 'You,' she pointed at him. 'Run there when I give the signal.' She motioned her intentions, pointing quickly to the intended alley followed by pointing at herself. She nodded at him, trying to determine if he understood. 'I will go around. Wait for me. We will meet there.'

She took a steeling breath, before rolling out of from under the gallows and throwing a rock at the furthest soldier. As the soldiers came after her she led them on a chase away from the gallows. 'Run!' her mind screamed to Azaldi, hoping that he saw this as his chance.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

A small smile curved his lips for a moment as she put a finger to her lips. As if he'd do something else but stay quiet always! It was strange that he would be smiling under the gallows, he thought, but he had always found humour in irony.

Azaldi nodded as she signaled to him what he was to do. The motions were very straightforward fortunately. Her and him would run to the alley, but at different times. He figured this would take just as much stealth as before, so he readied himself for another quick dash. As she shot out from beneath the gallows, he drew in a sharp breath as she threw a rock at one of the guards. This was her diversion? Not exactly stealthy as he had thought. Well, it did serve its purpose. He dashed from under the structure and into the alleyway as quietly as possible.

He pressed himself against a the alleyway wall, the soldiers already having passed, and waited for Tiraris to meet him there. However, he heard a guard still running towards the alleyway and cursed to himself. What was he going to do? He clearly wasn't going to remain there like he was, obviously standing there in the open. The pack! The light pack he was carrying, it still had the hat in it he had stolen yesterday. He donned it in a moment's notice and dropped to the ground, cloak around his shoulders, now sitting against the wall and with his hands on his face in an attempt to appear distraught about something.

The guard slowed his pace, saying as he went past, "Keep your eyes open, sir. There's some bad people on the loose."

Without knowing his statement was wasted on the person in question the guard regained his pace and hurried to join the others. Azaldi realized how lucky he was to get a very distracted guard that was trying to catch up rather than an inquisitive one. He hoped with all his might that Tiraris would come back to get him and wouldn't get caught.

GoblinFae

Tiraris ran and ran. It felt good to be burning off energy and tension. When she grew tired of this game and felt that Azaldi had had enough time, she kicked off two close-set walls and leaped onto the rooftops. "After him," the guards shouted. "Don't let him get away!"

She laughed, a haunting sound on the wind as she ran. Circling back, she dropped down from the rooftops and landed beside Azaldi at the rendevous point. "No time to be laying about," she hissed. Tiraris jerked him up by his arm and dragged him further down the alley and towards the gate. 'We are getting closer now. We should be out of here soon.'

As she walked, Tiraris failed to notice the familiarity of the area she was in. Had she paid attention to more than just the task at hand, she would have realized that she was close to Azaldi's house. A short distance away from them was where it all began, where Tiraris healed, where Windsor hid her, where Azaldi was arrested; it was all so close and she was blind to recognize it.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

Azaldi suddenly was being dragged away towards the gate, but he didn't protest. Why would he protest at being carried closer to leave this dreaded city? Before the event, he had not minded, if not liked, Arca, but this point he had an intense dislike of the city. He would most likely never return to it once he had escaped. The castle at the far part of the city had once looked beautiful, but now its turrets and high walls made him think of nothing but the gallows he had just escaped from.

While Tiraris was blind to the familiarity of their surroundings, Azaldi realized where they were. They were near his home. It was interesting that they were passing by the settlement right outside of Arca. He figured it was the last time he would see it with his own eyes and bid it farewell in his mind, wishing he could have had the opportunity to at least say a simple goodbye to some of his friends there. He had lived there for so long, many years, with his wife. They had raised a child there, who was now off on his own. It was where he had taught Windsor the things he knew about healing. It had been a very memorable place to live and he would miss it.

Too caught up in his nostalgic thoughts, he failed to notice that Windsor had spotted them running past.

---

Windsor had been walking back to the house to talk with Zahira when he spotted two figures; undoubtedly the woman and Azaldi, running into the forest, and heard guards nearby in pursuit. He quickly joined in on the run, not thinking about the gargantuan idiocy of this decision before taking off into the forest right behind them. The guards, fortunately, split up into two groups to go in different directions; one on a path leading away from the city and another into the forest.

Azaldi heard someone behind him and turned, extremely displeased to see that Windsor was right behind them, but quite relieved to see that it wasn't a guard following. Though, on the subject of guards, there was a group following them right at the moment.

Assessing the situation as they ran, he knew that it was at least fortunate that they were looking for one or two people, not three, as only Tiraris threw the rock at the guard and started the chase. Also, they seemed to assume that Tiraris was male and either him or some other man, judging by the fact that they had shouted much farther away, 'After him!'. These could be used to their advantage. It was excellent that the guards had been delayed and not yet saw Windsor either.

Azaldi tapped Tiraris on the arm, gesturing in a direction he wanted to go, and roughly lead Windsor along the same way. It was fortunate that Windsor hadn't brought his very obvious white coat he wore often but rather a dark cloak with a hood.

Azaldi knew the guards were coming quickly and knew they had to act fast. It was an outlandish and rather theatrical idea, but it was an idea nonetheless. He crouched to the ground and quickly gave Windsor his cloak, taking Windsor's and donning it with the hood up. He gestured for Windsor to sit beside him and Azaldi gestured to Tiraris frantically. What he conveyed was 'act worried and sad. You'll see what I mean.'

Azaldi lay on his side, pretending to be hurt and doing a nice job of it, while Windsor caught on and began to pretend to heal him. His hood was down; it was best for him to appear like he wasn't trying to hide. He quietly said something to Azaldi who didn't reply. He had absolutely no idea if this would work. At least the cloaks were very common in colour and style...

GoblinFae

Glancing over her shoulder, Tiraris caught sight of Windsor and nearly had a conniption. 'Foolish boy! Do you have a death wish?' She ignored him trying to focus on keeping Azaldi alive and safe. The tap on the arm had her looking over at her companion. 'Aye, I hear them,' she thought listening to the guards stomping around behind them. She curtly nodded her head, allowing the fugitive to take the lead.

Feeling cornered, Tiraris was just about to draw her sword when Azaldi began motioning about and switched cloaks with the unwelcome tag-along. She raised a brow in skepticism but followed along, dropping to her knees before the "dying man."

She glared angrily at Windsor as the guards approached. "Are you sure you are doing that right, healer?" she spat out. "If he dies, I swear...Fool! You're going to kill him," she cried out hysterically, slapping Windsor hard upside the head.

"Have you seen two men? There are fugitives on the loose," one of the guards barked at her. Tiraris shook her head. "How could I? I have been too focused on this idiot of a healer trying to heal my father. You better leave. If he has any more distractions I know my father will die. Please," she begged. "He is all I have. I cannot live without him." Falling forward, Tiraris folded over top of Azaldi, wrapping her arms around her head. "I am going to kill him," she whispered harshly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

'Thank the gods they don't have dogs' was Azaldi's thought as the guards ran up to the group of three. He grunted, feigning pain and sounding quite convincing. He disliked dogs more than anything, perhaps even more than the guards that were running up.

Windsor, on the other hand, was 'healing' Azaldi, a whitish glow around his hand that was pressed near his mentor. He wanted to have a fit of his own. Thank whatever was keeping them safe that the assassin had killed the guard captain that time.

Having a small flashback of being attacked by the guard captain, he winced, almost feeling the fist hitting him in the stomach again. At least this time he wasn't seriously being yelled at. And at least this time he wasn't going to get-

Abruptly the thought stopped as he was slapped very hard by his companion. Well, knock on wood; He did get hit. Windsor inhaled sharply as he was struck and touched a hand to his face for a moment before sullenly looking up at the guard who had spoken. Azaldi sighed deeply.

The guard decided to take no more time chatting with a distraught woman in the forest and said quickly, "If you see anyone, tell the guard immediately. We must be off." They jogged away, and the guard who had been speaking looked at one of his companions incredulously. They said briefly to each other in hushed tones as they left,

"One moment we're chasing around a deadly criminal and the next we're chatting with a sobbing woman with a dying father on the side of the road. Since when is the job this exciting in a day, Lucas?"

The other man shrugged with equal disbelief. By this time they had gone off into the woods.

Windsor made sure they were gone before he took his hand away from Azaldi and rubbed his face, not looking at the woman they were with. He could swear so much that she reminded him of someone, but he couldn't place it.

GoblinFae

As soon as the guards were gone, Tiraris swung around and slapped Windsor across the face as hard as she could. "You imbecile!" she screeched. "How could you be so stupid? Following us? You almost got us killed! Is that what you want? After your friend and mentor here, put his life on the line for you, after he was willing to die for you, you try and get him killed anyway."

Tiraris was beyond furious, she was enraged. "Now, I cannot even trust you to go back on your own. You will just manage to get caught and get us all killed. Congratulations, you are now stuck with traveling with us and if I hear one complaint out of you, I will run you through without hesitation. Am I understood?"

Not waiting for an answer, she stomped off to try and cool down a bit. 'So close to leaving and you have to go and ruin things Dyre. How can you be stupid? It would be unfortunate if Azaldi died. It would not matter if I died. But, you...it would be horrific if you did. Think all of the lives you have yet to save. Think of the woman who will be the keeper of your heart. Foolish boy! Thoughtless Dyre!'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

Windsor, having just recovered from the last slap, wasn't expecting another. His head whipped to the side. All the could manage to do was look very startled and kept that wide-eyed look as he was reprimanded, wincing at her words, partly because he knew they were true.

He simply nodded to signal he understood. He understood quite well. He simply sat, frozen, as she walked off. This was partly because he was still shocked from the harsh yelling he had just received, and partly because he had realized who the woman reminded him so much of.

Azaldi sighed again and put a hand on Windsor's shoulder. The man's move had been idiotic, but it had helped them hide from the guards. The healer was a man to forgive and see the silver lining to things. The healer moved them off the spot they were on to a place nearby, not quite as conspicuous, but close enough so Tiraris could find them easily.

GoblinFae

Tiraris returned soon enough, not wishing to chance fate a second time. Nodding curtly to the pair she led them to the west gate and to safety. The whole time she refused to look at them and blatantly went out of her way to prove how furious she was with Windsor, letting branches swing back to hit him, helping Azaldi but not him were just the beginning.

In her mind she was spitting venom at him. 'Foolish! Stupid! Useless! Brash! What good are you? Nothing but a hindrance! Protecting one person is hard enough now I have to keep three of us alive? I swear Dyre, if you live through this I am going to kill you myself!'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

Windsor didn't say a word as they traveled, knowing better as he dodged branches and pushed on without any help from his 'friends'. He kept the same expression, confused and thoughtful, as they continued on.

The doctor could almost feel the burning insults shooting at him, though he didn't dare speak a word. He was just wondering if his speculations as to her identity were true.

Azaldi sighed again.

GoblinFae

"We stop here," she tersely informed them, dropping her bag in a nice copse of trees. "We will spend the night here and begin moving on at first light. It will be touch and go from here. We may be clear of the city but we are at the most dangerous point. They expect us to be gone. They may have sent messengers ahead to warn other territories. We must be vigilant," she added the last bit, glaring over at Windsor.

"Whatever you do, keep conversation to a minimum and in a whisper." Reaching into her pack she pulled out a thick blanket and threw the bundle at the young healer. "No fires," she said by way of explanation. Tiraris placed herself bedroll against one of the tall trees and sat, leaning against the trunk. 'Another sleepless night. Oh joy!'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

Azaldi, carrying bedding with him, used his own while Windsor curled himself up in the blanket, sighing. Well, it had been a long day for all of them. At least they were getting some sleep. Though it took a while to fall asleep, Windsor managed.

About half an hour before the designated time, Azaldi was awake, watching the treetops for the sun to rise. Already he missed his wife. Zahira...he hoped she would be able to meet up with them soon. He worried about what could happen to her as he sat leaning against the tree.

GoblinFae

Tiraris had sat there unmoving the entire night. Feet flat on the ground, elbows on knees, nose on interlaced hands, she was the perfect picture of a warrior statue. She had spent the entire night contemplating possible routes and complications for the journey ahead.

She did not stir until Azaldi showed signs of waking. Even then it was only her eyes that moved as she allowed them to refocus. 'We should get moving. If he is up and I am up then might as well wake Windsor up.' A cruel smile tugged at her lips as she slowly unfurled herself and rose to her feet.

Bobbing her head slightly as she passed Azaldi, Tiraris crept up on the sleeping tag-along. Reaching down, she viciously ripped her blanket off the sleeping man. "Wake up," she barked, nudging him lightly in the ribs with the toe of her boot. Folding the blanket back up, she went about packing up what few things she had. "Time to move."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

Surprisingly to him, Azaldi had slept soundly. He supposed it was due to the amount of running around they had done yesterday, not to mention the stress. It bothered him that Zahira wasn't with them. After so many years of having her as his wife, the separation seemed very strange. He couldn't help but worry for her safety.

Azaldi watched Tiraris advance towards Windsor and could guess what was going to happen. 'Another day I know will be long from the beginning,' he thought. Though, as the woman crept towards the other man, he couldn't help but be a bit amused.

Windsor let out a yelp as the blanket was torn from him and thought for a moment that a guard had just found them, but looked up to see none other than the woman who was traveling with them nudging him with her boot, then packing things. He frowned and threw her a cowardly glare that was purposely made when she wasn't looking, putting his things together as well. At least he had been bright enough to bring something with him.

GoblinFae

Yanking the straps of her sack into submission, Tiraris gathered the group together. "Last night we had to go a bit out of our way to get out of the city. We are going to have to circle back, which means coming very close to civilization yet again. There is no other way around and we cannot afford any mistakes. If you," she began rounding on Windsor now and getting in his face, "so much as make a sound! I swear to the gods I will kill you myself."

She angrily jabbed him in the chest. "I have had enough of your putting my life in danger. I will not get myself killed for you.  If you want to die, do it on your own time." Tiraris glared up into his different colored eyes and slowly felt her anger dissipate. Keeping her face neutral she turned to the group's elder. "Ready?" she asked a bit more kindly. "The sooner we move, the better chance we have of not getting caught.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

CastlesInTheSky

Windsor was reluctant to get within a few feet of the woman that they traveled with, feeling the frustration pouring off of her. Back near the city, she said? While Azaldi didn't want to enter the city again for quite a while and would be happy to leave it behind, Windsor would miss it while he traveled far off. Though at the thought of encountering guards Windsor almost blanched. Ever since he had almost died as a result of one of their visits he had disliked them quite a bit.

He shrank back as the woman glared at him. How could he not? She was probably the most intimidating person he knew at this point. He said nothing in reply, fitting for the situation. He donned his glasses wearily as they began to head off.

Azaldi nodded. As they started to head off Windsor said cautiously, "Excuse me, but what is your name? For manner's sake I should know at least." Little did he know that he did in fact know her name.

GoblinFae

Exhausted from a sleepless night and tense about the journey ahead, Tiraris could not control her frustration. Whipping around she had a dagger at Windsor's throat faster than he could probably think. "What did I say about talking?" she hissed out. Strands of russet hair swayed with her movement, peaking out of her hood before falling back in.

"I did not ask you to come. In fact I specifically remember telling you not to. I do not want to hear you. I do not want to see you. I do not even want to have to know you exist. You are danger to us all. Unless you have something useful to say, hold your tongue. Before you do that, make sure whatever you want to say is worth risking your life over. This is my last warning, next one will be my blade in your belly."

Her heart beat fiercely in her chest. 'Gods above, what am I doing? I almost killed Dyre. He cannot know who I am. We do not need these kinds of complications. Why are you testing me so? I gave my word and I upheld it. I cannot protect him, the price has already been paid. I will not do this twice. I am not gracious.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]