Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

To Primrose, from Saezer [Complete]

Started by Casey, January 08, 2012, 02:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey

Dear Primrose Dragoslav,

My travels back through Serendipity go well. I apologize that the trading I did in Ketra took up so much of my time. I would have liked to spend more time scrimmaging with you, but business is not always kind. The farmers I've returned to with the items they requested from Ketra were pleased with my honesty, and paid me well for my services. Not everyone is built to travel the road. My horse will continue to eat well, as will I.

The thoughts of you have made me want to accept myself. You may not understand, but I am not who I want to be. Your thorough knowledge of yourself and your comfort with being who you are: a swordsman, a prankster, a teach. That has truly inspired me, in a way I could not express to you in Ketra. The other day I had a tunic properly tailored. It feels strange to have the fabric hug my skin. I admit I have not worn it since having it tailored, but I have not paid myself special attention of that sorts in years.

To hear about your parents saddens me. Such pain should never have to be endured, especially when they're as wonderful as you've painted them to be. It has humbled me. Your strength to go on made me feel weak. I've decided to reach out to some of my own demons and try to come to terms with them.

Finally, I would like to thank you to the fullest of my abilities for your honesty, your kindness, and your understanding. You know not what it meant to accepted, to be treated as a friend, even if just out of politeness.

I write to you from midway up Ravensway. I always take the road by the river. If you wish to write back, send it to southern Kia's Court, where Ravensway and Kia's Court border lie along the river. I will find it there.

Sincerely,
Saezer L.

P.S. A letter allows me to say what I normally could not. I apologize if I've said too much.

GoblinFae

Dear Friend Saezer,

I am most glad to be hearing from you! I pray all is well with you and that this letter finds you in good health. You have been on my mind a lot lately. I miss your company, dear friend.

Worry not! I understand that you were and are busy. Not everyone has the leisure I do to work when they feel like it. I know you must make a living for yourself. It would be selfish of me to keep you all to myself, or rather to prevent you from doing what you need to do.

You flatter and humble me, Saezer. I am not all that you paint me to be. I accept your kind words nonetheless only because I have inspired you. As a teacher I can find no greater gift from you than that.

Saezer, do not force yourself to be that which you are not. But, in turn do not expect to be everything you want in a day. Things take time. I am sure you will wear your new tunic when you feel ready. I hope perhaps to see you in it. I am sure you look quite smart in it. Not that you do not normally like attractive.

Oh Saezer! It seems I dig holes for myself in writing just as much as I do in person. Forgive me my silly mind! You know what I mean. Or at least I hope you do!

Be safe my friend! I miss you and cannot wait until your safe return. Write as often as you can! I await your next letter with great anticipation.

Your Friend,
Primrose
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Casey

Dear Primrose Dragoslav,

I'm glad to hear you are well. It brings me a foreign joy to know I'm on someone's mind. I do not make it a habit to keep acquaintances or friends around. The world is a hard, tough place with little room for trust or forgiveness. I travel as a way to keep myself disconnected from others in the world. The world was not built for me, nor I for it. I've tried, dear Primrose, but one can only handle so much. But for you, I want to try. I will trust you, and continue to do so, as long as my friendship you will keep.

I find myself on the Jadenshine side of the river separating here from Kia's Court. There is very little game to hunt here on the open plains of Serendipity. Fruits, vegetables, bread, and cheese I can find at low prices by the plenty, but good meat is a great deal more. So I fish, daily. I feel that I've exhausted every creative way to cook a fish. So fruit and cheese for me. At least my horse can graze happily.

The farmers of Jadenshine have been just as grateful as those in Ravensway, but their concerns of my return were more prominent. The road is long, and it's hard to get a proper grasp on time, especially when your goods are at stake. Sometimes this migratory pattern of life wears me down. To not have a place to call my own is all I know, but sometimes I imagine it'd be nice.

While trading in the market of Ketra, I met some people I think you should make yourself acquainted with. There's a family owned business called 'Grey's Shop.' This family knows everything there is to know about building and fixing things, so if you need a new wooden sword, or perhaps something more exotic, they'll help you. They're the reason I have a job to come back to Ketra for.

Write to me next at the three-way point on the river of Jadenshine, Kia's Court, and Moonspear. This is where I travel next. Be in good health, Primrose. I anxiously await your next letter.

Your Friend,
Saezer L.

GoblinFae

Dear Friend Saezer,

As always, may this letter find you in good health. Please Saezer you must call me Primrose! It is too formal to be calling a friend by their full name. Your friendship means a lot to me. I am honored that you place such trust in me. I will treasure both until the end.

When you get this letter you must go to a little hole-in-the-wall place called Rouge Lizard's Grogshop. I know just the name of it sounds atrocious but the owner is an old friend of mine. If you tell her you know me, you will get the best cooked meal in the world. If you ask her how she came up with the name you will forever be in her good books. She loves telling it. My only suggestion to you is to be wary of her mead. It's delicious but potent. Half a pint is enough to knock grown men like you out. (I refuse to say how much it takes for this feather-weight).

Did I ever tell you that Jadenshire is where my mother's family from? I used to live there after my father passed away. I can understand your limited food choices. That was always something that drove me a bit insane. When I first returned to my home here in Ketra, Cook made me this beautiful beef roast. I am ashamed to admit I ate it all and made myself very sick. But, it was worth! Have you tried filleting the fish and breading it stale bread crumbs? You can make a sauce to go over it using a little sugar if you can find some and some lemon. Perhaps when you come back to Ketra, if you are not tired of fish I could make it with you. But, I can understand how you would have had enough fish by now!

I went to Grey's Shop as you suggested. I can't believe how I ever missed the place! I swear I am in there every week looking at their works. Oh, Saezer, what they can do with wooden is amazing. I had some tablets for the children made and they are true works of art. I am also working with them on a pet project of mine. We have already drawn up several plans now and have begun the raw woodwork of it all. But, you will have to wait until you come home to hear about that. If it is anything like I dream it will be, I think you may be impressed.

Be safe and take my friend. As always I await your next letter with great anticipation!

Your Friend,
Primrose
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Casey

Dear Primrose,

For a night I couldn't have been more grateful to you for your suggestion to go to Rouge Lizard's Grogshop, and the next day I had to fight hating you for that very same suggestion. The mead was wonderful, at least for a night. I made up for it the following morning in a foggy haze of a hangover that had its tight spiteful grip on my head. So I, of course, bought a barrel of three pints to take on the road as my accomplice.

I've put off cooking fish how you've suggested so that we may try it together. I expect it to be excellent if I'm going to wait so long to taste it. Did you enjoy living in Jadenshine? The land is a bit flat and exposed for my liking, but the river is clear and cool, and well stocked. I could understand the appeal of it being so close to Kia's Court. Most people find that pleasing, I think. Being connected with nobility seems to be of the utmost importance to some.

Anyway, I'm pleased to hear you've enjoyed Grey's Shop. I have quite the list of supplies from them to collect from Connlaoth. I suspect they will pay me well, so I can make less stops on the way back. You should ask them about some of their more unusual items, if you get the chance. Wood work is where they make the most profit, but that family can build just about anything, even if they had to invent it themselves. Though I'm sure they don't have time for that if you've swamped them with good, profitable work from a new, and I suspect loyal, customer.

I will next be at the border of Jadenshine and Moonspear, where the river branches off east into Moonspear. I look forward to finding your letter there if you continue to have time to write. The further I travel from Ketra, the more your friendship feels like a faint dream of the past. Your letters keep you real. I hope this letter finds you well, my friend.

Your Friend,
Saezer L.

GoblinFae

Friend Saezer,

I cannot begin to tell you how much I laughed reading your letter. I can just imagine you waking up from drinking and the pain you must have felt. I did warn you though! Helena knows what she's brewing, that's for sure.

I cannot say that Jadenshire was my favorite place to live. I think some of that comes to the circumstances I lived there though. The land is truly beautiful but, it is not Ketra. I like Adela so much more than Serendipity. There just seems to be more peace for me here. I understand what you mean about nobility connections, having once lived that life myself. It is one of many reasons I left. I can not stand the pretentious nature of it all. Every person trying to outdo the next. When it came time that the same was expected of me, I left. I would rather live this more simplistic life than have all the finery that comes with nobility. There is too much back-stabbing politics involved. The false sweetness of the courtiers only serves to anger me more. They talk of equality of gender but some of the old traditions still hold. My Uncle for example, wanted to marry me off as a trophy wife and I would not have it. I am worth so much more than that!

I thank you again for your suggestion of going to Grey's Shop. They really are truly remarkable craftsmen. I feel like a little girl in a sweetshop! There is so much that both of us have wanted to try and now with their skill and my "patronage" as you called it, it can all be done. I am slightly guilty of monopolizing much of their time but, I think the end results will be so much worth it. We are already drawing up more plans for some inventions and modifications I have been considering for years. It is funny, to me at least, every time I go there we manage to come up with some new thing to add on or change. This is one of the most exciting things I have done in a long time! I cannot thank you enough!

I always have time for your letters Saezer! Your friendship means much to me. I have not had someone I could call a friend in a long time. I am honored that you think of me as such. My only fear is that my letters will not reach you in time. The further you go, the longer it takes them to get there. I would hate for you to think that I stopped writing. Know that I would never do that, Saezer!

Safe journeys my friend!
Primrose

P.S. I apologize about my rant. I do not mean to vent my frustrations out on paper at you. It is unfair of me to do so, especially when these letters are our only means of communication until your return. It seems we all have some ghost we are still angry with.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Casey

My Friend Primrose,

I've arrived at the crossroads of Northwatch, Jadenshine and Moonspear. I know the mountains, and therefore the forest, is nearby and I long to be within its sheltering depth instead of out here in the flatlands of agriculture. Travel has worn my horse and me out. I grow weary of dealing with farmers on such a regular basis. I plan on spending at least a week in my home, if you can call it a home, for I only sleep in it for a few weeks out of the year, never consecutively. However, a week is all I can spare before I must hurry back to do more trading. Money is scarce and does not last long in my world.

It's troubling to hear of your woes in Jadenshine. You are a small woman with surprising fierceness. It only takes one mistake to realize your potential and independence. The life of a noble one cannot be fulfilling or happy. It seems to be made for very specific types of people. I am confident to say we are not of these types. Do not ever be sorry or what you think or feel. It's who you are, you should not care if anyone thinks negatively of who you are.

My apologies, I grow too serious. As I travel into Northwatch, I feel unsettled. I'd rather go around to Darken Vei where my residence lies, but I have business in Northwatch. Hopefully this will not take me long. I can go straight from Northwatch to Connlaoth, then swing around and visit Darken Vei before heading back. The memories I have of growing up in Northwatch are not my favorite times. But that story is long and uninteresting.

Write to me next in Darken Vei, the biggest town in the northwestern section of the province. I will swing by there to pick up your next letter. I will swing by Connlaoth first, so don't be alarmed if it takes me a bit of extra time responding. It should not be that much longer. I'll write to you as soon as I can, Primrose. For now, I'm off to do business.

Your Friend,
Saezer L.

P.S. This barrel of mead has been a delightful companion on my journeys. With some proper caution, its made my nights joyous without regret it in the mornings.

GoblinFae

Friend Saezer!

It is so good to hear from you. It seems like your letters always reach me on my lowest days. Today while I was teaching one of the children fell and broke her leg. I felt terrible about it. I am just glad the parents were forgiving of it. I did pay the healer's price though. There are days where things seem just perfect in life and then whoosh the gods scramble the pot and we all go tumbling about. Really though don't worry about me Saezer. I am fine. My time in Jadneshire was not all that bad either. I had a good friend to make it full of happy memories.

Connlaoth, my you are getting far. I have begun to try and track the progress of you and my letters. The furthest north I have ever been is Jadenshire. I get perverse amusement knowing my letters are more traveled than I am. I cannot say I know much about Connlaoth, you will have to tell me what is like when you return.

I am sorry to hear that your travels bring you to a place of old ghosts. I hope that the journey through is quick and painless for you. Try not to let yourself become overwhelmed by the past, I know from personal experience that is easier said than done. But, know that you have a friend waiting to see you in Ketra, therefore things cannot really be that bad. Or at least I hope that is the case.

I will make sure you this is waiting for you when you get there then. Be safe friend, you are becoming very dear to me.

May your business bring you good fortune!
Primrose
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Casey

prim

i reached some north place of kia's court in jadenshine. expect me in ketra shortly. speedy travels for me at this point, right now. no business on way down. will stop as little as possible. other than rouge lizards grogshop, course. mmm, yes. worry not, dear rose, of my absence. business, you see. with grog.

ah, i have your last letter here. terribly sorry to hear of your student. indeed, what a bad day. yes, awful. furthest north you've been in jadenshine. id say we should travel together to explore the world, but primrose, trust me when I say there is nothing to the north worth your time. take solace that only your letter had to go so far.

ive no more time to write. dont bother sending another letter. i travel too quickly to wait around in towns for their post to receive it.

from
saezer