Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Down by the Sea [Goblin]

Started by Juno, January 08, 2013, 01:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

He held onto her hand loosely, unused to active, public displays of affection like that. His shoulders relaxed, though, as he felt relieved to hear that her father was understanding. At least in her own opinion. "Right, I must have forgotten," he teased back before she stopped, his eyes following her as she stopped and moved in front of him to block his way.

Smiling down at her, he stopped and, after a quick glance behind himself, nodded. "Yes, I meant it all. I thought it might be nice to get to know you better, just spend some time with you... But I'm glad you would, it makes the asking less daunting," he admitted with a chuckle.

Noticing the way she was looking at him, Lucien offered a lazy smile as he gently squeezed her hand. "Would you still like to tonight?" he asked nervously. "Or...maybe a different time?"

GoblinFae

The young fisherwoman blushed and chuckled softly, disbelieving her luck. She had always been a bit of a tomboy asisde from her gentle and forgiving nature. The fact that someone and a stranger at that, would be interested in her so quickly was like a dream to her. She feared finding out that it all been and dreaded if it was true, the act of waking up.

Feeling a bit hesitant now about things moving too fast she gave his hand a squeeze and offered an apology. "I think I may have spoken a bit too soon when I agreed to tonight. Perhaps though you would be agreeable to meeting another night? I promise not to make you wait a fortnight, lest it be your wish," Riley giggled softly, unknowing of the way her blush heated the column of her throat and down beneath the collar of her tunic.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Lucien was surprised at gentle backpedalling after the show she'd just put on. Looking at her now, though, he wondered if she regretted it with the way she blushed. His smile turned apologetic as he slowly released her hand from his grasp. "Of course, whatever you're comfortable with," he agreed. "I don't wish to make you uncomfortable.

"So long as I'm still in the city I would be happy to meet with you for something like we mentioned... or anything you wish. It could be strictly platonic instead, if you wanted," he added, not wanting her to feel pressured, though he was quite sure he would get what he wanted no matter what she agreed to initially.

"I wouldn't mind waiting a fortnight or longer, either," he chuckled. "If that was your wish."

GoblinFae

Riley smiled softly yet warmly up at her companion. I would like that, getting to know you if that's alright with you. We seem to do an awful lot of bumping into each other not to do at least that. I mean you never know, I might finally figure out who you belong to," she jested offering him a playful wink.

"No need to decide now though. In fact I think it best you give it some thought. To spend time with a girl like me means a world of teasing. Not even the fisherboys around here are willing to put up with that. But uh, I guess the real question is whether sailorboys are any different."

She gave him an impish smile and another wink before moving to blend in with the crowd. "Bump into you later, maybe!" her voice rang out as she headed back to her father's fishstall, cheeks flaming from her flirting.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

"Whatever suits your fancy," he assured her, amused that she thought he would have to do with a lot of teasing to even get to know her, as if they had not had such a relationship already. "I'd like to think sailors are made of tougher stuff than your fisherboys," he teased, though he had to admit to himself that he was quite surprised she was so eager to leave him. He wouldn't let it faze him, though.

"Anytime...Ri-Minnow," he called, saluting her as he turned to head back down the street and about his own business and resume his honey-hunting now that matters between them were settled up. He was certain he would be seeing her quite soon.

GoblinFae

It made her smile, though he could not see it, to think that he thought himself tougher than fishermen. Riley chuckled to herself, loving the small bit of rivalry and pride she had seen him jest about crop up, as it was something she was familiar with and grown up around.

All the way back to her father's stall she was in a giggly state. Even their crabby baker neighbor who always complained that the fish made his his breads taste bad, commented on her extra chipper mood. She only smiled and offered to sell him some fish, much to his disgust, before moving on.

The rest of her day was spent much in the same manner with her practically mooning after Lucien, dreaming of what it would be like to be courted by him on the beach with the waves rolling in and out. She imagined a great deal of laughter and good time overall. She simply could not wait until their next meeting, whenever that might be.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Lucien spent the next several days anxious. He wanted to give her space and time, as she'd asked for, but it was difficult to not be impatient and eager. Still, the idea of waiting gave him a different sort of excitement he'd rarely experienced before. She was now more a coveted thing he could not yet have instead of a conquest to woo, bed, and leave for greener pastures all in a single day.

So, praying she would not come around his current landlord's shop to torture him with her presence, the thief spent his time loafing around relaxing or down at the beach or docks to just people-watch. The quiet time was much-deserved, he thought, and dammit he was going to enjoy it whether this new girl wanted to see him or not.

He gave it some thought and he wondered how she might contact him once she was ready to talk. Surely she might come looking for him, but what if he was restless? What if he finally bored of this town and wanted to move on to the next? It was certainly a possibility, but he also did not want to leave them with loose ends to tie up. It was this he reflected on as he watched men working on the boats and docks from his perch on water-smoothed rocks.

GoblinFae

She was a firm believer in fate and that was meant to be would be. Therefore when she would meet again with her handsome stranger would only come about when it was meant to and there was nothing she could do to hurry it along or worry over it. Life continued onward and there was work to be done, food to be delivered, and best of all in her opinion, fish to be caught.

Her long hair tied back in a long plait down her back, bangs and stray bits whipping about with the wind, and a fishing pole in hand, Riley could not be happier. She loved the salty seaspray on her face and the waves crashing into her legs as she waited for the near-shore dwelling fish to take a bite of her bait.

Uncaring of who heard and unaware how close Lucien was she belted sailor's songs while walking back up the beach, three fish on a line over her shoulder, her pants rolled up to her knees and her feet bare as the sand clung stubbornly to her damp legs.

"...Now whiskey is the life of man
Always was since the world began
Now whiskey gave me a broken nose
And whiskey made me pawn me clothes...
"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

It was the sound he noticed first, the music. A small turn of his hand had the wind shifting to carry the sound his way instead of away from him. Glancing to the side he could see her now, the unmistakable woman walking in his general direction. He chuckled under his breath as he noticed the fish tails slapping at her back once he was able to see her better. Lucien waited in silence for her to draw even closer before he climbed down from his perch to confidently approach her.

"What a beautiful voice! All this time I never knew you could sing," he said playfully. "But I guess I shouldn't bother you right now if you're working," he admitted, gesturing to the fish.

GoblinFae

Riley froze solid in her tracks, completely horrified to realize she had been overheard and by of all people, her new admirer. "I didn't realize anyone else was here to hear." She adjusted the still slightly flopping fish on her shoulder as she gave him a quick once-over. "How have you been?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Well I can assure you, you have nothing to be ashamed of," he insisted, waving his hand both in gesture and to return the wind to it's original flow as he stepped up to speak with her from a more appropriate proximity.

"I've been well. I was curious if I'd see you again before I left town, but I see I had nothing to worry about." Lucien gave her a quick once over, still pleased with what he saw of the young fisher. "Water's still treating you well, I see," he teased.

GoblinFae

"You're leaving?" Riley exclaimed before hurrying to regain her composure, and hide her surprise and disappointment. "Aye the sea has been good to us today. She has been feeling quite generous thankfully. Hopefully it will continue being her whim," she said instead as one of the larger fish attempted to fling itself off the hook it was still caught on. Riley stalled, unsure if she should resume walking or find some way to continue their conversation. Shyly to buy time she cast a glance over her shoulder at the fish and attempted once more to adjust them. "I won't bother you if you're busy I suppose..."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He waved off her concerns about his schedule, it was a vacation after all but she didn't need to know that. It wouldn't do him any good to give her false information if he ended up speaking to her again in the future.

"I couldn't possibly be as busy as you there," he chuckled, gesturing at the squirmy fish. "Could I help you get those back to your shop?" Lucien offered, though he hoped she would take him up on it as he stepped a bit closer with hopes to make it a little awkward for her to say no.

GoblinFae

Riley offered him a shy half-smile. "I've got them, thanks. I would hate to ruin your clothes with fish scales and seawater." She realized half a heartbeat after she had said that though that he might not have been making the offer solely to help. "However," she tried a bit bolder, "you are welcome to walk me home if you are not busy and I am truly not keeping you."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He kept his expression warm even when she rejected his offer, he was realizing quite quickly how difficult it was probably going to be to keep her attention. The fact that she was willing to accept his company, though, was promising. "I would love to, but I hope you aren't saying no just for the sake of my clothes. I'm quite capable of helping if you'd like to take it easy for even a small part of your day," he offered again, circling around to fall in beside her.

GoblinFae

"They're very nice clothes though," she complimented, eyeing him up and down from the corner of her eye appreciatively. "Besides if you carried it for me then I would feel useless and out of place. This way at least I have a purpose to serve. Honestly, your company is enough for me if you're content with that."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He'd certainly caught the way she'd been looking at him, but he knew it probably wouldn't benefit him to point it out that he'd noticed. "If that's what you want then who am I to argue?" he shrugged, shooting her a side smile that probably seemed a bit too innocent. "I'm more than content. I actually wasn't sure if you'd ever want to see me again," Lucien admitted. "Thought that was your nice way of trying to shrug a poor fellow off the chase."

GoblinFae

Riley's eyes widened in obvious surprise in worry. "No!" she cried hastily, struggling to compose herself once more before repeating more softly, "no, definitely not. I'm very sorry I gave you that impression. That certainly was not my intention. I enjoy your company very much," she informed him blushing all the way up to her ears. The young woman sighed and looked away, hoping to hide her obvious discomfort and embarrassment.

"Nice weather isn't it today?" she kicked herself mentally as she grasped at straws to draw the attention away from herself.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

He noted the way she blushed and fumbled over herself. Truthfully, he wasn't entirely sure if she was just trying to be polite or if she really did enjoy his company. She seemed incredibly uncomfortable with the whole situation and he hoped he wasn't making it worse.

Lucien could only chuckle under his breath for the way she tried to change topics on him, but he was merciful for the moment and followed her lead with it. "Very nice weather," he humored her, tilting his head back to look up at the sky for a moment. "Much better than the day we met, huh?" he shook his head, smiling as he remembered the awful rain that had herded them together in the first place. "I was hoping your opinion of me might have improved since then."

GoblinFae

"Why would it need approving? Did you do something inexcusable that I am failing to remember?" Riley giggled. "Would you even admit to it now that I've mentioned I've forgotten? Mmm now that I think is the really question here. Can tell you a lot about man, don't you think?" She gently bumped into him with her shoulder.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]