Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hello everyone! a question?

Started by Aeytrious, March 30, 2013, 09:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeytrious

Hi folks. My name is Alé, short for Alejandro. I have been participating in RPs of one kind or another since 2000. I love story telling, and I work on a lot of writing projects on my own. Rhi told me about her hobby here and on RotE a few years ago, and I've been meaning to make my way over. Well I finally have. It took a couple hours of blundering around to figure things out, but for the most part I have the hang of things.

My only real question at this time is where do I post something that I don't know where it occurs? All the pretty places are nicely laid out. But what about uncharted territory. I suppose I could pick a place and say it happened near there but not that near. I was hoping for a more random location. Suggestions?
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

GoblinFae

Welcome!

Glad you could join us. ^.^ I know when you first start out it can be a bit crazy but I'm glad you were able to get things straightened out.

As for your question when you say uncharted territory do you mean like in the tundra and the desert or do you mean completely uncharted and never seen before places? If you mean the first then yes you can just place your thread there and really have it out where ever in the general area. You can create things too in those areas if you wanted and possibly get them made into actual things. When I first joined I made a shrine in the tundra. I just never got around to making it big though xD.

If your question is can you create completely new countries or islands I would suggest talking to Rhi or Tally just to be on the safe side. ^.^ With the sandbox forum its great to have a ton of new ideas coming in. Just need to check that its practical given what our original creators had in mind.

Hope this helps! If not then the others will soon be awake enough to respond better. We're a friendly bunch and eager to assist. Should you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to working with you in the future. ^.^

Happy writing!
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Aeytrious

well, thanks for your response. and your answer is useful information I will be holding onto. But the idea isn't to create a new place, but just to have an encounter of huge cosmic importance, that is so far away from anywhere anyone has ever been, that it goes completely unnoticed, despite its universal importance. I doubt the location will be revisited in any significant way ever again. What I need to do is get my phone working so I can text Rhi and get her input.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

GoblinFae

Another option is you could do it in one of the Flashback threads and place it in "everywhere else" then say where it's near like you suggested doing before.

Hope your phone works! It's always the worst when they go on the fritz >.<
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]