Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Sacrificial Art [Goblin]

Started by Juno, March 01, 2016, 09:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Tarj smiled fondly at the boys, very happy they seemed to get along so well. "We'll see. I don't think we have much scheduled that day, but... I'd always make time for you two," he insisted. "Please come by whenever you're free." He chuckled for the way Sor was so obviously looking for help and after a playful roll of his eyes for Siris's benefit started walking across the room to distract his student and keep Sor from having to endure anything further from the enthusiastic boy.

Sulak stared in horror at Tarj, fearing he was coming to muss up his pretty hair as he tended to do sometimes. It was enough to distract him from showering praise upon Sor as he flopped over to duck away dramatically. "It's mine," he whined pitifully, clutching the braid in his small hands.

"Of course it is," Tarj sighed, crouching to scoop up Sulak in his arms even though the boy was making him work for it by being dead weight. "Come on, I'm not saying no but our guests will need to leave soon. Don't you want to say a proper goodbye?" he prompted.

"Oh..." Sulak frowned at that, reaching up to hold Tarj's shoulders instead as he first waved to Sor and then, as an afterthought, Siris as well. "I'm glad I could meet you," the boy offered, smiling brightly from the arms of his mentor.

GoblinFae

"I'm sure I can manage to squeeze in a quick session with you then," Siris jested lightly. For Tarj he would tear down mountains to be where he was expected whether the other man knew that or not. He laughed boisterously at Sulak's antics to escape having his hair disturbed and Tarj's response. It was beautiful seeing the pair interact in the way of a parent and child and Siris felt his heart skipping a beat at the idea of Tarj one day being a wonderful father to his own brood of children.

He moved to place a steadying hand on Sor's shoulder, instantly feeling the tension bleed out of the young man at such a simple touch of comfort. Siris squeezed his apprentice's shoulder expecting him to answer Sulak before they made their final goodbyes and departure.

"It was a pleasure to meet you as well Sulak," Sor quickly responded, bowing low to the boy before bowing a second time even lower. "And you as well Master Tarj. Thank you both for your care and attention." Siris too then bowed lowly to the pair, smiling with pride for his young one. "Until next time then."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Pleased by Sulak's attempt at manners he set the boy down on his feet again so he could show them properly.

"Anytime, young Maoin," Tarj told him, sincere affection and playfulness in his tone as he bowed in return, though there was noticeably more lingering depth to the one he directed toward Siris. Sulak watched with interest before remembering himself and mimicking them.

"Until next time," Tarj bid them, shooting a smirk at Sulak before righting himself and stepping around the others to go open the door for their guests. "You can stay here, Sulak, I'll see our guests out so you don't wet your hair," he teased, waving his hand dismissively as he glided across the room.

Thankful it seemed he would be allowed to keep the braid as it was he waved to his new friend one last time before scurrying off to clean up the table and reorganize the cushions around the room before Tarj returned.

GoblinFae

Siris quietly directed Sor towards the door, a pleased and content smile gracing his lips. The outing had gone exactly as he had hoped. Even if it was for but a brief moment, Sor had shown a little confidence. The boy had moved out of his comfort zone and had initiated an interaction with someone else. Siris mentally noted he would bring Sor along again as he allowed Tarj to finish working on him. Sulak was a good influence on his young apprentice and he hoped to see Sor come more and more out of his shell with each meeting.

With a playful swat, he sent Sor out into the warm mist. "Go ahead, I'll be along shortly," he urged the young man, sending him on his way. Sor obeyed with a quick bob of his head and then ever so carefully began to weave his way down the path, doing his utmost best to avoid as many puddles as possible so as to not ruin his clothes.

Siris chuckled under his breath and turned to face the other man. "Our gamble paid off it seems." He glanced back into the house where Sulak was tidying things. "Would you mind if I brought him along in the future? I would not wish to distract you or your own apprentice from your work."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Tarj smiled knowingly at his friend, his eyes glinting with mischievous humor as he followed the Maoin's gaze to his young apprentice. "So it did," he mused with a happy sigh, his fingers rapping lightly at the door frame. Sulak seemed entirely oblivious to the attention but it was probably better that way.

The artist was a little surprised by the question but assumed it to only be out of politeness. "He is as welcome as you are in my home. Your Sor is not a distraction, not the bad kind at least." Tarj smiled warmly, his eyes softening as he studied Siris with veiled affection.

He promised, "As long as my Sulak is not detracting from the boy's studies I have nothing against a little visitor." He looked to the silver-haired boy again, a fond and rather thoughtful sigh escaping him. Tarj hoped he would not make them unhappy with his wish for the pair to be friendly, but from limited observation it seemed they got along quite nicely.

"Take care of yourself," he bid him, reaching out to clap a hand briefly to the Maoin's shoulder. "Come back to me immediately if it pains you at all," he warned, gesturing at his wrapped leg.

GoblinFae

"Excellent! Most excellent," he declared happily, the broadest of smiles warming his features. "Then I will be sure to have him tag along to my next appointments. Your Sulak has begun to do wonders for him. I can only see his studies improving with such a gentle friend to encourage him. An old man such as myself can only guide him so far before he stops listening to me," Siris chuckled.

Becoming more serious though, the Maoin returned the gesture, clasping Tarj's opposite shoulder with a gentle squeeze. "You as well dear friend. I doubt there'll be trouble though, not with your expertise at work. Next week then!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Next week," he bid him, unable to contain a genuine smile as he took a step back towards the shelter of his home to be away from the mists of the rain. Tarj stood in the doorway, content to watch them depart for a few moments longer before returning inside and shutting the door.

He watched fondly as Sulak scampered around, his shiny braid bouncing across his shoulders as the boy tidied up. The artist was met with wide, questioning eyes when the boy finally noticed him and mumbled a distracted, "They're gone?"

"Mmm." He stretched a bit, amused that he seemed so eager to clean up a mess that was not entirely his own. "Did you like meeting Sor? And Master Siris?"

"Yeah!" Sulak chirped eagerly, his cheeks flushed with residual excitement from their unexpected afternoon. He added a quieter, "They seem nice."

"They are. I'm glad you like them." Tarj sighed with relief as he crossed the room to replace the jars in their proper baskets and begin the process of cleaning his tools. He found himself quickly falling into the realm of daydreams as he drowned out the sounds of his student working on the other side of the room.

GoblinFae

Siris shimmied his way down the steps and out into the rain after the young Maoin. It was no long after their departure that on the road to home, Sor underwent a similar line of questioning care of his own mentor. "So what do you think of them?" the elder asked, giving the top of Sor's ear a playful tug, careful of his new piercings.

"They're pretty," the young man murmured, flushing as he attempted to pull his head away from teasing fingers. "Thank you for taking me."

The man laughed heartily at his young charge while shaking his head. "You're welcome. Now what did you think of them? Of Master Tarj and little Sulak?"

"Oh!" Sor declared flushing darker still and nearly tripping over a small fallen tree branch in the his path. "They're both nice. Master Tarj seems to be quite knowledgeable in his craft," he added looking curiously towards his own master's bandaged leg. A playful swat deterred any further prying interest though.

"You made young Sulak quite happy today. Would you perhaps care to come with me in the future and spend some more time with him while the rest of my art is done?" Siris smiled as Sor could only look up at him in surprise. "Well would you?"

After a long pause, Sor finally responded quietly and slowly in his own fashion "if it wouldn't be an inconvenience to you..."

"Then it's settled. Next we we'll return to have your ears checked and a continuation of Tarj's superior artistry."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

On the agreed upon day Tarj took great care to get as much work done as he could in the early morning so that their home would be free of other visitors for a leisurely afternoon. Sulak noticed how much care he took with setting out his tools and inks and after confirming with him that Siris would be returning he couldn't help but be a little hopeful that his new friend Sor would be joining them.

His hair had long since become undone, the long, straight strands of silver flowing around his shoulders and down his back instead of being contained in the beloved braid or a more practical bun or tail. Admittedly his first choice was a bit selfish in that he hoped Sor might return with Siris and be willing to do his hair for him again. The more practical side of him understood that the other boy's health and comfort would need to be his priorities upon seeing him again. He needed to ensure he was healing, at least.

Sulak paced around the entrance, occasionally peeking out to the steps and the road beyond before Tarj called him away with a laugh and set him to work cleaning what was left from their early appointments.

GoblinFae

Sor had done his best to care for his new pieces of jewelry but inevitably had incurred a minor infection from the usual bumps of day to day life. He was fidgety and nervous on the morning of his checkup, afraid that he would be reprimanded or ridiculed for his inadvertent predicament. His mentor, Siris, had done his best to reassure him but finally gave up on his little lost cause. Sor would just have to find out all was well on his own.

The pair made their way quietly, one apprehensively and one serenely towards Tarj's place. Both were pleased it was a drier day than when they had last ventured out to the shop. "Hello young Sulak," Siris called once they came into view. "Will you tell your master that we've arrived, please?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Sulak had still kept an ear out, milling around the front window with the hopes of sneaking a peak of their guest before he was upon them. At the sound of his name the boy perked up from his distracted cleaning and poked his head out the front door.

The boy waved, beaming to see that the Maoin was accompanied by Sor. "I'll tell him! Please come in!" he called, darting back inside but leaving the door ajar as he rushed to tell his master the news of their arrival.

Tarj simply smiled, gently patting the boy's head in thanks before smoothing a hand over his hair, brushing it back over his shoulder. "It's more polite to greet our guests, Sulak, no matter how well we know them," he reminded the boy, standing from his perch and wrapping an arm around his shoulders to lead him back towards the front of their shop.

Sulak blushed hotly for the reminder, not understanding why Tarj wasn't more casual around people he considered his friends. Pulling the door open the boy stood aside for them and bowed in greeting.

"Welcome back," Tarj greeted calmly, amused to see his student so eager about their return. He smiled softly to himself as he bowed low to Siris. "I hope all is well for you today?"

GoblinFae

Siris could not keep his own amusement at bay as he too chuckled at Sulak's enthusiasm. He tugged Sor inside before dropping into his own bow, much lower than Tarj's. Sor too bowed, his long hair nearly brushing the floor with the movement.

"Thank you for the appointment, dear friend. I shall live my young apprentice in the hands of your own if that meets your approval," Siris stated, nudging Sor forward towards the practically vibrating Sulak. "I trust that young Sulak will confirm my Sor's care of his newest acquisitions." Sor fidgeted anxiously, already dreading the harsh words he expected for his minor infection. He really had done his best but it still managed to become unhealthy.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"That shouldn't be a problem," Tarj assured, eyeing his student in amusement. "Would you like some tea before we get started?"

Sulak was all too eager to see that his work was being enjoyed, rushing toward Sor and leaning close to study his earrings. "Do you still like them?" he asked in both excitement and apprehension. He was afraid of his work being deemed sloppy or ugly after closer inspection as it was something on his body.

As he studied Sor's ears, though, it became clear there was a slight reddening upon his skin that had the boy furrowing his brow with concern. "Is that paint or...?"

GoblinFae

"Tea would be lovely," Siris intoned softly. Sulak's excitement was obvious and his childlike glee was precious to observe. He could only hope that his own apprentice would be charmed and swept away by such enthusiasm. The look on Sor's face though as Sulak questioned him told a different story though.

Sor fidgeted, his face scrunching up in worry at the reprimand he was sure would be coming to him at any second. "Not paint," he whispered, with a slight tremor in his voice that he could not seem to swallow down. "I did everything you said I promise but it just...it's all red and hurts. I think it's infected," the boy finally rushed to say. His bottom lip trembled as his eyes filled with unshed tears. Sor lowered his head in hopes of hiding his own growing shame.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Tarj hummed in agreement, turning slightly towards their little kitchen before the boy's words stopped him in his tracks. Hearing that young Sor had an infection gave him pause as he watched his own apprentice warily, hopeful he could manage the situation gracefully without intervention beyond him hovering over the conversation.

Sulak barely noticed his mentor's hovering, though, too concerned over Sor now that he'd admitted to the infection. "Oh no," he sighed, smiling sympathetically. "I'm so sorry, I hope it hasn't been hurting you too long. Would you be willing to let me take a look and clean it or do you not want them touched? I can walk you through it instead, we have plenty of stuff to help," he offered, completely oblivious to the boy's worries of reprimand.

GoblinFae

Siris placed a gentle hand lightly upon Tarj's back, nodding his head to let him know it was alright before letting the brief touch fall away. He had seen Sor's ears and knew them to be minor and not even of the boy's fault. Sor had been anything if meticulous in his care of his new modifications. It was just something that happened sometimes.

Meanwhile Sor was all but curling in on himself where he stood. "You can touch," he said, his voice cracking as tears formed in his eyes and he fought back the urge to sniffle. "I'm sorry I messed it up. Please don't be mad at me," he cried.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Tarj's eyes flickered briefly to Siris, a particularly strained worry expressed in a furrowed brow as he anxiously moved his light hair to rest on one shoulder, then the other, then back again even with his silent reassurances. But as he watched the boys further he finally relaxed, pleased that young Sulak was being kind to the Maoin apprentice. As it was discussed what would be done for Sor, Tarj finally slipped away to prepare tea as he'd intended.

Sulak's eyes bugged slightly at Sor's apologies and he flashed an understanding smile as he shuffled closer, resting a reassuring hand to the other boy's shoulder. "It's okay, I'm not mad. You're hurting and I probably made a mistake." He shrugged and gestured to the cushions they'd sat at before.

"Let's sit and I'll look, you're going to be okay!" he promised cheerfully, folding himself gracefully to sit and beginning to pull out jars of all their salves and medicines. They'd worked wonders in the past and the boy was confident they would again. "Is it both or just one side?" he inquired curiously, dark eyes glancing up to look even as he asked.

GoblinFae

Sor plopped down in a mess of gangly limbs and worry. He still felt on the verge of tears and antsy to the point that his legs bounced nervously and he picked at the cuticles on his hands until they began to bleed. Despite Sulak's cheery attitude, Sor felt anything but happy. He just knew that Sulak would be mad once he realized how bad it was. "Both ears," he whimpered, burying his chin in his chest in shame. "I'm sorry Sulak, it's my fault. I must have done something wrong. You were perfect."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

"Aww, that's no fun, huh? I'm gonna take them out first, okay?" Sulak smiled sympathetically, setting the jars aside and scooting closer to brush Sor's hair back and inspect his work. He didn't mind the way Sor sulked but set a reassuring hand to his shoulder before reaching up to gingerly remove the earrings one at a time.

In a small bowl he mixed a solution to clean the jewelry with, letting them settle in it while he mixed a different one to clean and soothe the angry skin. He applied it gently to each side and each ear, lightly massaging it in before applying a light numbing cream for pain. "I'll make some for you to take home, keep doing this at night and in the morning and it should clear up soon," he promised, distractedly replacing the cleaned earrings to Sor's piercings before he twisted himself to lean over the low table. He mixed smaller amounts of what he'd used into 3 little jars and tied them up nicely in a soft swatch of cloth before presenting it to the older boy, open palmed.

GoblinFae

The young man did his best not to whimper or cry as the earrings were removed but the second one did bring forth a few tears. He was glad and grateful though that Sulak was so sweet and careful as he gently tended to the disaster he had created. In no time at all the treatment was over with and Sor was accepting the little jars carefully.

"Only twice a day and exactly as you did it?" he questioned, hoping that with the clearest of clear instructions he could prevent a repeat episode. Despite Sulak's assurances, Sor was positive the infections were entirely his fault and due to poor care and hygiene on his part.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]