Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Were you going to eat that? (Goblin)

Started by Zero, April 29, 2013, 02:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Considering all that had happened between them so far, it wasn't really surprising that the silly pup was suspicious. Gavin gave a wolfish grin as he watched the red male stand, head lowered. Some of the spunk seemed to have gone out of his attitude too, what a marvelous improvement! Maybe this could really work after all. The next few moments would be the true test of that. He didn't stand or try to make himself look any larger or intimidating, that seemed unnecessary at this point.

" Chew on this: what good would you be to me dead or starving? Two wolves working together are stronger than one by himself. We've already established who the big, bad wolf is, but pull your weight and do as you're told ad we won't have any problems. I lead, you follow,  we both eat and you don't have to worry about any other werewolves coming to tear you up, scrawny as you are."

It was really a fairly typical dynamic, wasn't it? The alpha male led, the lower wolves followed, everyone made sure everyone else was both taken care of and in line with the rest of the pack. Gavin had been with just Nisha for a long time, and then alone, but packs didn't really change all that much. Then again, who knew how wolfish the pup was? Maybe the little male had never had a pack before. That was almost a sad thought...almost.

"What do you say pup?"

GoblinFae

"No other wolves were interested in tearing me up until you came along," he grumbled unable to stop himself for letting that bleed through to the other wolf. "You act like I would be useful to you but then tell me I'm pathetic, well which is it? I don't want to be stuck with you always beating me up because I'm not good enough for you and I'm your little errand-pup."

Gilroy huffed and attempted to sit on his haunches before remembering slightly too late his thorny rear. He whimpered and winced, shifting to stand again. "And I'm not a pup!" He added just to make sure the other did not believe he was going to allow that to continue.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

"How many other werewolves have you actually run into." Gavin really was curious where the other wolf had come from. Was there a pack out there somewhere that he hadn't stumbled upon yet? If there was they obviously had cast the young red male out. Eventually he'd have to pry for information, just so he wasn't taken by surprise. Gavin didn't like surprises. At least not when he was the one being surprised.

"You are pathetic. Have you taken a good look at yourself lately? Obviously you're not doing well on your own. Not all wolves are cut out for going solo, no shame in that. A couple weeks of regular meals will fix that scrawny problem you got going. You will be useful, two sets of eyes , ears, and teeth are better than one." Gavin had survived just fine on his own, he didn't need the other wolf, but the other wolf sure looked like he could use him.

"And if you don't want to be called 'pup' then I suggest you tell me what you want to be called. I'm Gavin, by the way." A wolfish grin had crept back onto his muzzle. Thorns all over your rump had to be a real uncomfortable, it was pretty dang funny for him, though.

GoblinFae

Gilroy shrugged. "They left me alone and I left them alone. I never bothered to keep track until you bowled me over. And I am NOT pathetic," he huffed slamming a forepaw into the dirt like a child throwing a temper tantrum.

"I'm just having a spell of bad luck as it were. You listen here Gavin, my name's Gilroy. Not Gilly, not Roy, and certainly not PUP. Remember that, because while we work together I don't want to have to deal with that kind of humiliation. Is that understood?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

Gavin raised his lips in a sneer at Gilroy's insistence that he wasn't pathetic. It was pathetic enough that the male couldn't hunt on his own, couldn't feed and support himself, but the adamant denial was even more pitiful. Idly he thought that in some ways, this little red wolf reminded him a bit of his sister. At least Nisha could admit her own shortcomings. This was going to be a more tedious arrangement than he had originally thought, and that was saying something.

The large black male allowed Gilroy to finish his little tangent about names and humiliation, but as soon as the last mental echo faded he stood, fur standing on end, making him look even larger. The space was small and cramped with the two of them and he pressed in closer to his new little companion, teeth bared threateningly. A deep, rumbling growl rolled from this throat.

"Finished? Good. Let's get something straight right here and now: We aren't partners and we aren't equals. I am the alpha male in these woods, and you are dirt, no, lower than dirt: You're an omega. You're the one that gets thrown the scraps when everyone else is finished. Lucky for you there's only the two of us for now, so pickings will be plentiful. So far I've been generous with you and your attitude, but keep pushing me pup, and see what happens when you unleash the beast. I'm laying claim to you, try to run, and I will hunt you down and extract punishment from your scrawny hide. Have I made myself clear?"

GoblinFae

The russet wolf did not even know he was irritating the other wolf until he started to vocalize. The big bully was at it again, demanding and pressuring Gilroy into submission. The little wolf wanted none of it though and thought himself better than the other. He did not need to put up with this kind of abuse.

"I belong to no one!" he raged as his feet surged him forward, head lowered so that it thudded solidly with the larger wolf's chest in a weak headbutt. The small wolf had no idea just how sorry he was about to be for picking a fight with such a formidable creature that was nearly twice his size and strength.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Just when Gavin thought Gilroy was finally starting to get it, the pup did something so insanely stupid that he had to be slow in the head. It was the only logical explanation. The reason really didn't matter. As soon as Gilroy's head hit his chest, Gavin was moving. He'd had quite enough of this nonsense and the little red male had just reached the end of this alpha's patience.

In only a split second he had surged forward, using his greater size as an advantage to try to push Gilroy back into the thorny briars. His fangs flashed, targeting the neck, there was no holding back this time. Before he had been content with a simple display of superiority and dominance, now he wanted to inflict pain and suffering.

GoblinFae

Pain, that is all Gilroy felt as in a blur of motion he was forcefully pinned back against the pricker bushes. Knives of pain seared throat his vulnerable throat as he experienced the powerful jaws of his fellow wolf snap closed around his jugular.

He fought uselessly to escape, his paws flailing to find some purchase to kick and claw but it was to no use. Gilroy was not strong enough to force the other male away. He was completely at the other wolf's mercy and only now as he lay there limply, whimpering and whining did he truly realize just how much trouble he had gotten himself into. For all extents and purposes, should the inky black alpha male allow him to live, Gilroy was going to be his little bitch for as long as the other wolf wanted him.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Gavin felt the smaller wolf struggling in his grasp, felt the young male's pulse beating against the inside of his mouth, and tasted the sweet metallic nectar of blood coating his tongue, his teeth, his lips. He didn't bite once and hold on, though, his fangs flashed again and again, ripping and puncturing soft, sweet flesh. The sounds, the sounds! He might as well have been a hound of hell come to the surface to steal away some fool's mortal soul.

Seconds, minutes, hours, Gavin had no idea, but when Gilroy fell limp in his grasp he gave one final harsh shake before relinquishing his grip. Golden eyes still smoldered with slowly cooling anger as he gazed down at the male on the ground while he stood menacingly above him, fierce growls still rumbling deep in his chest.

"Want to try again, pup? When I say jump, you better ask how high."

GoblinFae

Gilroy sobbed, his whole body shaking with the draining act of giving up. His entire body ached and he could feel the wetness that matted his fur and dripped down his body. He hated what his life had become. He was another wolf's plaything and there was nothing he could do to change it.

While he could hear the angered voice ringing through his head, Gilroy had no response for it. Pathetically, he just lay there, wishing for a speedy death that would not come as hot tears and blood spilled from his body.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

As Gilroy lay there and sob pitifully, Gavin could only bring himself to sneer, looking down his long muzzle at his cowering victim. How pathetic, the miserable wretch couldn't even put up a fight. Maybe if it were even slightly challenging to beat him, Gavin could muster a bit of respect, but no. The young red male was frail as parchment, folding at the first hint of aggression.

With a look of disgust Gavin turned away, walking back to the entrance of the bramble bush cave, he kicked the dead bird at Gilroy with his back foot as he went. "You really are pathetic, pup. Maybe I'm wasting my time. Maybe I'll leave you here to die on your own after all." He didn't stop walking as his last words echoed through Gilroy's mind, and an instant later the large black male had vanished completely back into the forest.

GoblinFae

The russet wolf winced and whined, feeling so broken and useless. He watched listlessly as the dead bird was kicked into his face and the tyrannical wolf departed into the shadows. For many breathes he simply laid there, limp and uncaring. However, his stomach's demands begged him to take first small nibbles than larger gulps of the freely given meal.

As much as Gilroy now hated the other wolf more than ever, he knew he was too weak and too hurt to turn his nose up at the scraps. It seemed like in no time at all the carcass was entirely divest of meat and his hunger was barely dented.

With a heavy sigh and gritted teeth, he tested his legs and found them able to hold his weight. So, shaking like a newborn foal and his tail tucked between his legs, Gilroy wobbled towards where he heard running water. He did not know if he went to drown or to drink but all he knew was that it would be a welcome relief for his abused hide and his parched throat. He was not about to wait around to see if the bully would return to eat him alive, though he doubted it would be so hard to find him again anyway.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Gavin had taken to prowling through the shadows, stalking, but with no prey in his vision. The day had been interesting, but not so fruitful as he had hoped. That pathetic pup hadn't been so much as a challenge. He'd mauled the damn thing and yet he hadn't a real scratch to show for it. Gilroy was weak, pathetic, certainly not worth his time. Hell the little bastard was almost as pathetic as...Nisha. Was that why he had singled the young male out? Because he knew he was weak and would be an easy target? Maybe he hadn't been looking for a real challenge at all.

That thought made him growl, amber eyes blazing with rage and annoyance. He should go back and kill that young male. Just to prove that he wasn't chained to his sister by guilt or pity. Gavin was stronger than that. Gilroy would just slow him down and get in his way. Going back and killing the pup would almost be a mercy, better than a slow death by starvation, which is what he had left Nisha to.

Why did he care? It wasn't his job to be merciful. Let the young wolf suffer. Only the strong deserved to live anyway. As he'd been stalking through the forest a sudden flash of movement had him reacting instinctively. In two strides he caught the fawn he had startled from where it had laid in hiding. The stupid animal, it would have passed beneath his notice if it hadn't tried to run. His jaws clamped around the animal's throat, it barely had time to bleat in terror before it was silenced forever.

As soon as the young deer died, he dropped it on the ground, ears alert and looking around for the mother. After a few minutes with no sign of a doe, he decided she wasn't coming back for her baby. A shame, an adult deer could feed several wolves, but he was alone. Huffing he looked back down at the baby, it was probably only thirty pounds now, still quite young. Also it would make a good meal, even for a very hungry wolf. After a few more minutes of internal debate, he threw his head back and howled. A howl that said come eat.

GoblinFae

Gilroy did not even realize he had reached the water's edge until his slipped in the sandy gravel of the bank's edge and went crashing chin first onto a wet rock. Sharp pain rang through his skull making even his teeth hurt for a bleak moment where it became the most pronounce hurt he was suffering. Then everything came crashing back down on him in pulsing waves that made him cry and howl pitifully.

The other wolf be damned! He no longer cared what happened to him as long as this suffering ceased. More crawling than walking, he dragged himself further into the slow-moving stream until he was floating in the center yet due to the current remaining pretty still. Every so often Gilroy would feel a little fish brush passed him or nip at his tail, yet after a while he did not even blink. He lowered his head to drink but then once he had, did not raise it once more to breathe. Too weak, too tired, too uncaring. Gilroy decided it might be better to die after all. At least dead he would not feel the pain of being eaten alive later.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Not waiting on a response or for Gilroy to come to him, Gavin picked the fresh kill up by the throat and carried it in his jaws. After the thorough thrashing he'd given the young male he really didn't expect him to show up, even if it was for his own good. The pup seemed stubborn like that, but at least the large male had vented some of his aggression and was calmer - for now. Between roughing Gilroy up and killing the fawn he was actually feeling pretty good.

When he got to where he'd left his young punching bag, it hadn't been too long since he had howled. At first Gavin was confused, but then he dropped his prize with a growl and ran into the water. Of all the stupid things for the pup to do! It took him only seconds to reach Gilroy. Grabbing the other male gently by the scruff of the neck he began trying to pull him from the water.

GoblinFae

He was moments away from accepting the darkness that had been creeping around the edges of his vision when Gilroy was abruptly yanked up at of the water by the scruff of his neck. Gasping for air he weakly surged to life, trying to struggle his way out of the grip.

The red wolf shook his head and squirmed uselessly. His paws found no purchase as they splashed water every which way. Defeated at last though he let loose a weak, whining howl before going limp and silent in the jaws of whatever had decided to make a meal out of him.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Not really sure what to expect, Gavin growled as Gilroy thrashed uselessly in his grip. Swimming back to shore was made hard enough trying to drag another body - even one as scrawny as Gilroy - and the pup fighting against him only made the struggle more bothersome. The large black wolf didn't give up, though, and finally the other wolf went slack in his jaws, defeated.

Reaching the shallows he was finally able to get his feet under him, which made Gilroy suddenly heavier as he dragged him up to dry ground before dropping him unceremoniously onto the ground in annoyance. Stepping away, he paused and shook out his great coat, black fur sticking up wildly, and a spray of water flying in all directions.

"You're awfully high maintenance, pup. Not only do I have to feed you, but now I had to drag your scrawny butt out of deep water so you wouldn't drown like a fool."

GoblinFae

Gilroy fell limply to the ground with a heavy splat, his scraggly form looking even more pathetic now that his fur plastered to his sides, revealing just how thin he was. His eyes listlessly watched as Gavin puffed up and sprayed him with water, hitting him in the face with flying droplets that caused him only to blink slowly as if doing so was a secondary thought.

The dark wolf's words reached him but did not mean much. He did not care. He had welcomed the chance to die and now been dragged out of the water by the very person that had made him want to go in. What was the point in anything now? He simply did not care.

The smaller wolf, rolled onto his back so that he was belly up and vulnerable. Maybe Gavin would tear his throat out and that would be the end of that. He closed his eyes, intent on shutting out the world. Nothing mattered to him anymore.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

As oblivious as Gavin could be, it was hard not to noticed how listless Gilroy had become, actually the point of suicidal, and was it all really because of the large wolf that hovered nearby? He had wanted to dominate the smaller male, but this wasn't just domination. Had he completely broken the kid's spirit? Was this guilt he felt? No, couldn't be. Still, the black wolf felt like he was responsible for this silliness and needed to fix it.

Moving to stand over Gilroy, he lowered his head, sniffing at the other male for a moment before his tongue flashed out to lick the smaller wolf. Then Gavin did it again and again, whether the pup liked it or not. He lapped at the pup's throat and muzzle, grooming the young male, a soft rumble in his chest as he did so.

GoblinFae

He shivered at the sensation of something literally breathing on his throat. 'This is it,' he thought, feeling quite detached from reality. 'This is how I die.' The shock that followed though when a wet tongue slide across his already fur and began grooming him completely immobilized in for several long seconds.

Without even realizing it, Gilroy began to whine in his confusion. It was not painful and actually felt good, reminding him of when his parents were alive and did things like that. But, it frightened him more than anything to be treated so gently before what he thought would be the excruciating pain of being eaten alive.

One eye peeked open even as he accidentally voiced his sole snarky thought aloud. "Do you always bathe your prey before you eat them?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]