Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hemlock and Snapdragon [private]

Started by LuluRS, June 16, 2012, 05:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuluRS

Feros bit down on the back of his hand, smothering the pained groan that threatened to leave his lips. Gods that had been close. Too close. He glanced down at his leg, a scowl crossing his features as his eyes travelled down the broken shaft of the arrow.. They had shot him. He hadn't expected him to be happy with what he had been doing, but to attempt to murder him? Wasn't that a bit much? A hiss left his lips as he limped along, trying to stay as quiet as he could. He wasn't sure if he had made it out of Connloath yet, or if they were still looking for him. Each step caused a fresh stab of pain to run through his leg, and he had to stop frequently, his breath's coming out in heavy pants.

Finally, he gave up on walking, letting himself fall to his good knee, before sitting himself down. He needed to do something about his leg before he tried moving again. Holding the arrow still with one hand, breaking the shaft in half. A soft cry left his lips as the motion sent a searing pain through his muscles. "Son of a.." His teeth grit together, wrapping his fingers around the remaining arrow. It had to come out... Gods, he needed someone else to do this. Forcing himself to his feet once again, the young male slowly made his way west. Or, at least he hoped it was west, or else he was probably heading back the way he came.

GoblinFae

Long-fingered hands quickly dusted themselves off on a dark blue skirt before snatching up a basket filled to the brim with various plants. As the weather turned colder and the sea crashed harder against the rocky cliffs, Ladybird found it harder and harder to find her clients' demanded plants.

She was just finishing up her gathering for the day when a slight motion out of the corner of her eye caught her attention. Turning, the petite woman gasped at what she saw. A wounded man with his back to her stumbled about slowly, as if delirious and lost. The basket fell from her now cold fingers as her feet moved quickly towards him.

"Sir?" she called calmly, hoping to catch his attention without startling him. She did not wound him further. "Can I help you? You look a bit lost and-" Ladybird shook her head and reached to take the man's arm. "Here let me help you."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

LuluRS

At first he had thought the voice was just in his mind, too quiet to be real. Though everything seemed to be a bit hushed now. And blurry. But it came again, causing the mage to turn his head towards the sound, eyes narrowed slightly to make out what it was that was calling him. Maybe it was Inima, come to claim him for her own realm? No, that wouldn't be right. He was disgraced. She wouldn't come to him. So than who? Gingerly, Feros turned his body to face the woman, showing obvious favour to his injured leg. He winced, and she came closer to help him. A suspicious glare touched his eyes, but he didn't reject her help. The goddess knew he needed it.

"I'm not lost.." He muttered, though he knew it was a lie. He had no idea where he was, or even if he was still in Connloath. Maybe this woman was friendly now, but what would happen if he were to use magic? He'd have to be careful. Feros allowed himself to lean part of his weight on to the woman, keeping it off of his leg. "Who are you?"

GoblinFae

"I am called Petal. I am a shopkeeper and I promise I mean no harm to you. You mustn't think of ill of me. I only wish to help you." Ladybird gave the arm around her shoulders a gentle squeeze and continued to lead him back to where she had come from.

The spilled basket still lay where she left it, an irrate snake hissing at her from the handle. "Yous lefts me!" her familiar hissed, the words like small hammers in her mind. "Hush Fern, not now," she replied. The snake continued to hiss as they got closer before finally abandoning the basket and slinking his way up her skirt to wrap around her wrist.

"No I am not going to leave him so we can go back home. Can't you see he's hurt you silly thing," she grumbled back, forgetting how insane she must look to the injured man.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

LuluRS

Petal. Such a strange name for someone to be carrying around all their life. And definitely not a name akin to the ones that he had been accustomed to hearing these past few weeks. A soft sigh of relief left the mage's lips. He wasn't in Connloath anymore. "Thank you, Petal." He answered, letting her lead him over to where she had been before. He had a wary trust in this woman, and he needed to get out of Autumn's chill. Hopefully she knew how to take care of of the wound. Either that, or not be squeamish enough to pull the rest of the arrow out.

Feros flinched slightly as a seemingly angry snake slid towards them, hissing all the while. His guide didn't seem bothered. Maybe she hadn't seen it? No, she had, and she was talking to it. A woman who spoke to snakes. Maybe he wasn't as safe as he thought. Still, better to go with her than wander aimlessly in the wilderness on his own. He kept a careful eye on the snake as it wound itself around Petal's wrist, not really enjoying the fact that it was so close to him. Snakes weren't his favourite animal.

GoblinFae

The arrow in his leg concerned her greatly. She could not completely tend to him here but nor could she just leave the weapon embedded in his leg until they reached her home and shop. 'It must come out. Oh I do hope he'll let me, or this going to be a real challenge to deal with.'

Licking her lips nervously, Ladybird stopped her paces and turned slightly to look at the other man. "I am afraid that I while I can treat you, I cannot do so here, at least not properly. If you would sit for a moment I can try to remove the arrow for you. I am sure it pains you greatly. Please?" she nearly begged, her desire to help driving her to do so.

The young woman could not stand the idea of standing by idly and letting someone in need suffer. This man was in obvious pain. She only wished he would let her be of help and would be a good patient. Her hand gently squeezed his own in what she hoped was a reassuring gesture.

Fern on the other hand, had other ideas. Wanting a closer look at the stranger whom he deemed a faker wanting his human's attention, the small reptile quickly uncoiled himself from Ladybird's wrist and began to wrap himself around the man's. "You's sures this is such a goods idea, Petal? How's he get hurts to begins with, hmm? Don't thinks of these questions do's yous?' he mocked in her head.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

LuluRS

Feros turned his head slightly so he could see Petal's face, reading her reactions as she spoke. She was offering to pull the arrow out, and as far as he could tell, she seemed sincere about wanting to help him. She hadn't done anything to show otherwise. The red head went to move his arm from around her to sit, but froze as the snake made itself known by wrapping around his wrist. His mind dropped all other thoughts save for the command to just stay still, and let the snake do as it will. "...You're snake won't bite me, right?" He asked, watching the reptile warily.

Slowly, he forced his body to respond to the command to sit, lowering himself down gingerly, trying his best not to jar his leg too badly. The last thing he needed was to twitch in pain and spook the snake wrapped around his arm. A soft groan left his lips as he rested himself on the ground, keeping his injured leg straight. A cheeky grin crossed his lips as he looked at the snake. "Can't promise I'm gonna be still for this. Might want to cling to someone else." He felt silly, talking to an animal. Though, should he? He talked to undead husks, not knowing if they understood more than just simple commands.

Feros turned his attention up to Petal, frowning. "I apologize in advance for any foulness I might spit at you." He spoke quietly. Likely, this was going to be more painful coming out than it was going in. "Also, I'll do my best to keep myself still, but.. be careful. I might kick."

GoblinFae

Ladybird shook her head distractedly in answer as she eyed the arrow. "His mouth is too small." Long fingers gently palpated the skin around the wound, testing to see if the shaft had broken inside. If so then she would only shorten the arrow so that she may better care for him where he could at least have the comfort of a bed.

Catching the man's lips moving, Fern lifted his head up and eyed him curiously. "What's he says?" he irritably questioned the botanist. "He says that you better find another perch. Leave him alone Fern and stop the hissing." The tiny snake did his best attempt at a glare before sliding up further along the man's arm to better watch his face.

The woman meanwhile had deemed the arrow removable now and told the other man so as she positioned herself to better brace his leg. "On the count of three I will remove the arrow. As for foulness I doubt you could shock me. Besides it is perfectly acceptable when one is in pain, at least that is my opinion."

At last with knees braced on either side of his shin and hands firmly wrapped around calf and arrow both she nodded her head to him. "One, two," she yanked the arrow out early in a swift, clean motion. "Three." Not stopping there she tore a bit of her underskirts and tied it tightly around the wound. "Better?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

LuluRS

Feros breathed softly, trying to settle himself for the inevitable pain that was soon incoming. The snake hadn't heeded his warning, crawling further up his arm, making the mage tense, which wouldn't help in removing the arrow. Though, being reassured that nothing he could do would offend the woman gave him a little bit of relief. She braced his leg, ready to remove the projectile. He closed his eyes, not wanting to see it happen.

"One. Two."

The arrow was pulled clean out before Petal was finished counting down, a sharp cry errupting from Feros' lips, body spasming in pain as a string of curses followed, some in the common tongue, others foreign to the area. It was a good half minute before he had calmed himself, panting softly. A sheepish smile touched the edges of his lips, realizing he had put on quiet the display. Honestly, the only way he could have drawn in even more attention to himself was if he had accidentally conjured fire, or something of that sort.

Slowly, the ginger male brought himself up, ushering Petal up off of him so he could stand. His leg still twinged in pain, stinging as the air was able to rush in, but the hard part was over. Being sewn up didn't seem so bad now. "Ah.. Thank you." He smiled, before remembering that he had had a snake on his shoulder just a few moments ago. "Hm, I hope I didn't jostle him too much.."

GoblinFae

"Think nothing of it friend. I am only glad that I was able to assist you. Are you sure you are alright to walk though? Fern can stand a little jostling although I'm not sure you can," she told him, following him to a standing position. Her arms hovered out toward him as if to catch him should he suddenly keel over.

Ladybird was very concerned for this stranger, worrying more about his condition than how he ended up in it. The later was trivial in her mind and could wait to be found out until later. "Here, let me help you. The walk to town is a bit tricky in places. We don't want to make your leg any worse now."

She smiled genuinely up at him even as Fern decided to make himself more and more irritating. For such a tiny creature he really did have a knack for being annoying. Balancing precariously on the man's shoulder, he was able to move his face almost to eye level with the human. Fern's beady little eyes glared him down as his tongue flicked out at his nose. "Leaves him Petal!"

"No Fern. Forgive me, friend. Would you prefer I remove him? He is being a bit stubborn today but I assure you he cannot and would not harm you."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

LuluRS

Feros was grateful for her offered assistance, taking it gladly. It was unlikely he would have made it to town without her help, and hobbling along alone sounded terribly lonely. "I shall never be able to repay this debt to you, Petal." He spoke, his voice growing soft as fatigue began to sink back into his body as the pain ebbed away. He felt sluggish, but forced himself to keep awake, not wanting to fall unconscious until he knew he was safe.

The snake was in front of his face again, almost looking angry as it flicked its tongue against his nose. "I do not mind to carry him as long as he can't cause me harm." Feros lifted a heavy arm, tapping the snake lightly on the nose, before letting his arm drop again.

It almost felt as if he was trying to move through water. Everything just felt so heavy. He wanted nothing more than to fall asleep at that very moment.

GoblinFae

Ladybird smiled and felt a warmness within her that only came from the act of doing good and helping another. "I meant what I said. I do not do this out of obligation or expectation of payment. I only wish to help and see you better. Worry about that for me and I will consider myself paid when you are well."

As she spoke she kept an eye on her familiar who was shaking his head in disbelief after having been bopped on the head. His complaints amused her but his attitude in turn concerned her. The last thing the botanist needed was her pet disturbing her patient.

However, she need not worry so much. After getting over the initial surprise, Fern wrapped himself snugly, albeit perhaps a bit too snugly, around the man's neck. "Yous an idiots," he hissed grumpily to the pair before resting his head and closing his eyes for a midday nap.

"I can assure you, he can do no lasting damage. However, that being said he is quite capable of being an annoyance. Should you feel the slightest discomfort due to him, please do not hesitate to tell me. I will remove him immediately. As much as I love him, I know his faults quite well. I would not make you suffer through them just for my sake. That being said, how are you doing? Do you feel any dizziness? Nausea? Sharp pains? I don't want to aggravate your wound but the sooner we get you to a warm place where you can lay down, the better it will be for you."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

LuluRS

Feros was beginning to believe that some god had taken pity on him. The kindness of this stranger, and her impeccable timing was all too good to be believed as mere chance. Though, it would have been a tad more comfortable without the snake wrapped around his neck. He managed a small smile for Petal's sake. "I would appreciate it if he was removed from around my neck."

The mage gave his injured leg a quick glance, frowning at the red splotches that had soaked through the fabric bandage. "I'm sure it would hurt more if I was putting my weight on it. As it is, it throbs terribly, but I believe that is a normal feeling for one shot in the leg." He forced another smile, hoping to pacify the woman's worries over him. "Otherwise I am simply exhausted." He truly was feeling tired. He wasn't sure how far he'd run to escape his pursuers, but if he'd crossed the Connloath border, it had been a fair distance.

GoblinFae

"Of course! I am so sorry about him," she hurriedly apologized while reaching out to unwind Fern from his new perch. Ladybird stuffed him into her herb back and tied it shut in order to keep him from doing it again, just in case. She knew she was going to regret it as already she could hear his loud protests in her head but the florist did not want to take any chances of causing anymore distress or pain to the poor man.

"I can only imagine the pain. Just try and to hold a bit longer and we'll be somewhere where you can rest and take something to ease the pain some more."

Already, Ladybird could see the outline of the city beginning to loom out of the fog of autumn. Her home and shop were located in the city square but, she dearly hoped he would be able to endure the pain long enough to get him through the front door. She was not exactly sure she was strong enough to carry him by herself.

Hoping to take him mind off the pain, she attempted to make conversation. "So what brings you to Featherfall, Mister....?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]