Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Taking a Break

Started by stelmarisa, March 13, 2012, 02:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stelmarisa

Lotte giggled as he whispered the 'secret', flattered. Her smile remained on her face as Iorwerth went on to express his concerns.

"No, it's really alright. We have an understanding, Madam Derica and I." She thought for a moment. "You see, I have lived here since I was a baby - Madam Derica is as good as my mama. She is strict with me, because she has to be, but secretly I think she is fond of me. She knows I have no acquaintances or friends, but some of the other girls entertain friends and lovers here - for a price - or out in the city on their own time. Because I do not have my own time, Madam Derica has let me know that I may bring my friends here... if ever I have one." She laughed. "She will not charge you."

She patted the bed beside her, inviting Iorwerth to sit. "I have a secret to tell you too..." she giggled again as she repeated his earlier words. "I liked kissing you." Her playful whisper was so low he would have to strain to hear it.

GoblinFae

"Ah," Iorwerth replied, at a loss for words. "Well then," he moved to sit beside her. "As a friend what would you like to do Lotte?" He had heard what her secret was and chose not to comment on it. The blush darkening his cheeks was enough of a statement to show both his excitement and his embarrassment. His shy nature was truly coming out when he was around her.

'It makes no sense. All these years performing for audiences and yet five minutes with her and I become unintelligible mush. Oh fair lady what you do to me. How you will hate me when you know the truth. As others before you, you will turn and run. Remember Iorwerth even the most genteel and compassionate woman can become a demon when faced with the truth. The truth, what a cruel world lady fate. Cruel indeed.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte smiled brightly as Iorwerth sat beside her and tucked her legs up, settling into a more comfortable position. Seeing his blush she hesitated a little before making her request. She didn't want to push him out of his comfort zone, but she was curious.

"I would like to talk... I would like to hear about you, Iorwerth. You already know a little of my story," she gestured around the room vaguely. "But all I know of you is that you are a bard, who can tell the most delightful stories. Tell me one of those stories about yourself."

GoblinFae

He nodded his head, keeping the sigh of relief silent and to himself. "Talking is good. I can do talking. Although beware, I just might talk your ear off," he teased, gently nudging her with his elbow. "Hmm a story about myself."

Internally Iorwerth was panicking slightly as he racked his brain for something innocuous he could tell her. "Well, uh unfortunately this won't be a very elegant tale. I don't tell stories about myself much. Guess I'm not very interesting," he chuckled, shrugging his shoulders.

"I'm from Connlaoth although I can't say I remember where specifically. We always were on the move when I was growing up. I guess being a bard was a good profession for me then. We were a small family unit, my mother and I. It was nice growing up, running in the fields, acting like an idiot." He laughed at the memory, sobering as he recalled his mother's death.

"Mother and I got separated when I was older. She went her way and I went mine. I became a bard and have been that way with Ylli ever since." He shrugged again and looked to the side. "Not much to tell really."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

stelmarisa

"That sounds nice." Lotte was leaning in towards Iorwerth as she listened to his tale, smiling as she pictured the lifestyle. "You must have felt so free, running in the fields like that. So you never really lived in a city?" She pictured Uthlyn with its tall buildings and walls, wondering what it would be like to not be surrounded by them.

"Oh, of course, Ylli!" She clapped her hands at the mention of the horse. "Where is he tonight? How did you meet him?"

GoblinFae

Iorwerrth shrugged his shoulders noncommittally. "I guess you could say it was freeing. But, we all have our own cages though." He looked to the side and gave a brief smile before looking forward again. 'Stupid man! She was chained when you met her. At least your only shackles were those of fear and repression and not cold silver.'

"I didn't live in the cities until I was much older. My mother didn't like them. She said it was too barring, too cloying. Funny really, I always felt the same about the fields and forests.

"But," he sighed, sitting up straighter. "You asked about Ylli. My faithful steed is outside probably trying to get himself in trouble, silly horse that he is." Iorwerth chuckled nervously as he tried to come up with an explanation as to how he meet his "horse."

'Of course she asks that! Heavens what do I say?' He cleared his throat to stall further. "Well Ylli and I have been together as long as I can remember. We have always been one and the same, one mind, one soul, one body. We would die without each other. I rely on him as I rely on myself. It was the same for my mother and her own horse. Call me weird, but that's the way it is. Forgive me Lotte, could I happen to have a glass of water? I seem to have a tickle in my throat." He coughed for emphasis when in truth he was just trying to change subjects. 'Crisis averted.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte was listening intently, fascinated by the slice of life that Iorwerth was showing her. The varieties of life that she was shown by clients always interested her, but there was something special about Iorwerth. Perhaps it was how he acted towards her in every way that set him apart from the men she normally saw - his manner was so different, his speech and actions so respectful - but whatever it was, it was drawing her to him.

She was about to ask further about Ylli when he asked for a drink. "Oh! Of course..." She stood up and went to the other side of the room, where a basin of fresh water had been set out. After dipping a cup into the cool water she returned and handed it to him before settling back down.

"So, you are ... bonded, in a way?" she asked curiously. "I used to know a girl who was bonded to a hawk. If they moved too far apart from each other, they would both be weakened until eventually.. well, I suppose she would have died." She fell quiet for a moment, remembering this acquaintance.

"Is that what you have with Ylli?"

GoblinFae

He wiped furiously at his face when Lotte's back was turned to him to remove the sweat that was beginning to bead on his brow. "Thank you," he whispered politely, receiving the cool cup with both hands. Iorwerth drank slowly, letting the refreshing liquid run across his tongue and down his throat drop by drop.

'How do I tell her? How much do I tell her? Can I trust her? This place, I have heard that walls have ears. Does the same hold true here? I could be caught for this. I could be killed for this! Nothing for it, I have to say something.'

"I guess you could say that it is like that, bonding I mean. Ylli and I are linked in a very special way. We are one and we would not survive being separate for very long. But, I would not have it any other way. Enough about me though. Tell me more about you my divine goddess. How did you come to like dancing? How did you get to be so graceful and talented? Did you have lessons? You are an art to behold."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

"That's lovely." Lotte smiled curiously as Iorwerth explained his bond with Ylli. She wanted to ask further questions, but was no stranger to the uncomfortable evasiveness that he was exhibiting. Unwilling to make him more anxious, she accepted the change of topic, blushing as she began to talk about herself.

"I have always liked to dance, although I have never been very good at it... I used to watch the older girls dancing when I was tiny, and tried to copy their steps. I've never had lessons though, I cannot afford that." She shrugged. "I hope that one day, if I hone my talents enough, I may be able to get out of here." Her voice was low but clear as she admitted this secret wish.

GoblinFae

Iorwerth smiled kindly, placing one of his hands overtop of hers. "I know you will, you're nearly there now Lotte. A little faith, a little trust, a lot of hardwork and a little m-" he froze as he nearly said magic. 'Even she can betray you, boy. Steady now, you don't want to die, not even for her. You don't know her, remember that. You don't know her.'

"A little mental exercise can get you very far. I believe in you Lotte. I know, not think, but actually know that you will achieve it." He smiled shyly before spontaneously leaning over and giving her a one-armed hug. "Believe in yourself little Lotte. Until you do, I shall do so for you. Have faith and you will go far, this I promise you. Can you do that for me? Can you do it for the strange obnoxious bard you met today?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

"Mental exercise? I think I need something stronger than that," Lotte giggled as Iorwerth hugged her. "But I will try to believe in myself... for a strange obnoxious bard." She laughed again and poked his chest gently. "Even though you are neither of those things."

She gave a little sigh. "What I really need is to impress someone who is rich and will pay a lot of money for my time... but only the most beautiful and talented girls find that. Otherwise, I will rely on hardwork and mental ... exercise... though I think a little magic would do me better." She said these last words conspiratorially, knowing they were dangerous. Something about Iorwerth though, made her sure that he would not report her for such language.

GoblinFae

The "human" centaur's face was an unreadable mask as he gazed at the woman beside him. A look of deep understanding and wisdom could be seen within his brown depths where hints of gold shone out. "You should not be so foolish as to say such things," he spoke quietly. A hand came up to brush a lock of hair behind her ear.

Yet despite his stern, stoic words a smile tugged at the corner of his mouth. Iorwerth bowed his head slightly in acknowledgement of what she had said, a silent agreement that could never be voiced aloud. 'Magic indeed, if only you knew Lotte.'

"It's a funny thing," he mused aloud, "in a place where magic is a despicable thing punishable by death, there are more walls with ears than anywhere else I have ever been." Then in an instant the somber expression he held was lost to be replaced by his familiar brilliant smile. "Such silly thoughts for a bard to be having, for what do I know?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte's smile was mischeivous as Iorwerth scolded her and she revelled in the chance to be 'foolish.' Seeing his smile reassured her that she had been right in his assessment, that he would not report her or be horrified by her speaking of magic.

"That's true." She nodded at his comment about the walls. "But we're lucky, here. One of the advantages of being at the bottom of society - no one really cares what you do, and they don't bother to monitor." She grinned impishly and gestured at the walls, roughly signalling the brothel as a whole. "These walls have heard so many secrets, they would shock even the best detective!"

She lowered her voice a little. "Once, a mage came here to me. He showed me some of his magic!" Her eyes gleamed with excitement, but she put a finger to her lips playfully. "Don't tell anyone!"

GoblinFae

His lips pursued tightly together. "You should still be more careful. If you want to dance for more wealthy men then you would do best to stay away from matters of the law. A dead dancer doesn't get anywhere in life. I would hate to lose the new friend I am finding in you," he whispered at last.

"How can I stay before the Madam kicks me out? I don't want you in trouble because you are not working since you are with me. Besides the tiny dancer needs her beauty sleep. Tired feet get you nowhere." He winked and smiled at her fondly.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

Lotte pouted as he scolded her, disappointed. "On the contrary, if I manage to do it, I will hear more secrets than ever before. The politicians and VIPs are the ones with the most secrets... and they like to whisper them into the ears of their escorts." She winked before carrying on, this time thoughtful.

"Oh, we are never busy on a weekday, I don't know why. I can tell that all is quiet tonight... so we have some time before I will be needed. You are welcome to stay for a little longer - if you'd like to, that is." She smiled uncertainly.

GoblinFae

"Secrets can be dangerous things. Take care that you do not become so immersed in them that you are the one that takes the sudden drop in the place of others." Iorwerth knew exactly what he was speaking of. He had seen it before where someone knew of another's magic use and had died for that person, unwillingly because no one would listen to the truth.

He gave her another friendly squeeze. "Well if that is the case then I will stay up until the last second before I have overstayed my welcome. Just promise me you won't get yourself in trouble for my sake. I would never forgive myself. Is there something you would like to do now Lotte? I'm afraid I don't really keep company with others and am not really very good at this sort of thing." Iorwerth blushed heavily at the admission.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

She smiled knowingly, nodding. "Don't worry. I know to be careful, and I will be." She didn't add that most of the secrets that were whispered into the ears of the high-class girls found their way back into the brothel, repeated over giggly chats and whispered discussions.

"I won't get in trouble." Lotte patted his hand gently and quirked an eyebrow as he carried on. "Not very good at what sort of thing, Iorwerth?" Her smile was kind but gently teasing, drawing out the double entendre in his words.

GoblinFae

Iorwerth looked back up, an expression of confusion marring his handsome features. "I'm not good at-oh. Oh!" His eyes widened and the blush deepened even further. "I-I-I," he stuttered. "That's not what I meant-I mean I'm not good at that well at least I don't think I am. I've never-anyway what I mean to say is is that I am not very good at spending time in the presence of a goddess trapped within human form. I don't spend much time with humans."

His slip only lasted a second before he fixed it. "Human's that are really goddesses I mean." Iorwerth was mentally screaming at himself for such an obvious mistake. 'I should head back to Ylli. I can't stay here too much longer, I'm already at my wit's end!'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

stelmarisa

"I don't spend much time with humans" Lotte frowned curiously as she picked up on Iorwerth's strange turn of phrase and his embarassment. Slowly she began to piece together the man's reluctance to talk about himself, his nervousness and excessive concern, and her brow furrowed more. Looking up at Iorwerth, her expression cleared and her face took on a look of soft concern, of friendship mixed with curiousity. She leaned forwards and took one of Iorwerth's hands in hers, the other resting on his chest.

"Iorwerth... are you not - entirely human?" she asked softly, her little hand stroking his chest gently.

GoblinFae

"I am as human as the next man," he replied frostily. Inhuman eyes shone with a somewhat alien intelligence. 'Moreso than most in fact. I am not the animal that they are. I carry more compassion and understanding than most of them. Their treatment of their so-called brethren is despicable. I would never do such things.'

Iorwerth took Lotte's hand away from his own and gently clasped it within his own. "What makes you ask such an interesting thing? Has some fantastical bardic tale about me reached your ears? Now that is something that I would enjoy hearing, a tale about me for once." He chuckled playfully to diffuse the tension building within himself.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]