Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wanderer [I'ka] [GoblinFae]

Started by Nightcrawler, November 26, 2023, 05:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightcrawler

What he said had only served to cause confusion. "She who?" asked the witch. Eln frowned, puzzled.

"She...Wakine," he said. He did not know why something so simple needed clarification. Wakine began to explain their ways. It was clear that she blamed herself for his injuries, though Eln was not certain what to make of the son comment. He shook his head. "Have you no laws for self defense? Whether or not I intended to harm you, you thought I did. Is that not enough?" He groaned and winced again at the deep bruises above his brow. Something troubled him about what she had said. "What is...bride? Even with your witch magic, I do not know this word."

GoblinFae

"He," corrected Waquin'i, his voice a bit firmer. "I am a man."

"Waquin'i is a six-gill," At'Eed interjected. "He is one of our warriors and knows better than to allow his fury reach such a bloodlust when not in battle. A Bride is a spouse, a partner to join in marriage. You will first rest and heal here and then we will begin to teach you our ways, only then when you understand can you be kidnapped as his Bride and choose to accept or reject him. For now though, what ails you? It will be easier if I know what is wrong with you than to keep guessing."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Nightcrawler

Eln eyed the two of them in disbelief. He was certain that he had heard Wakine wrong. Or perhaps his head injury was more serious than he had previously thought. Had he hallucinated her revelation of herself as a woman? He looked her over and tried to remember what had transpired. Her chest was flat. Her hair was like a man's. He rubbed his eyes gingerly. "That night, I...thought I saw...hmm. That stone must have struck hard. Forgive me, Wakine. My mind is...addled, I think."

He sat there quietly, mulling it over, uncertain as to whether he could trust himself. However, when the witch began explaining brides, his hand dropped to his lap. He stared at her in disbelief and ignored her questions. "Your water is not working," he stated, his tone tinged with impatience. "Or I am hallucinating. I do not understand any of this. If Wakine is a man, why would he think that I could sire him children? And how do you kidnap one who is already in your village?"

GoblinFae

At'Eed laughed softly even as Waquin'i blushed deeply. "Waquin'i likes men. So his Bride would be a man. Not all unions must result in children. Although I foresee no issues with your compatibility to round his belly plenty with children should that both be your desire."

Her words sent fire across Waquin'i's skin as he blushed from his chest to his ear tips. "I don't think any of this is as important as his health right now?" The young man asked, his eyes imploring for a change of topic. "You are safe here and can heal and that is what matters most. And...I am sorry for striking you when you were defenseless," he continued his face contrite with deep shame. "I allowed rage to get the better of me. It is not your fault for not understanding me."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Nightcrawler

Eln looked stricken. He vaguely recalled his brother engaging in such behavior, but he had never understood it. He certainly had never participated in it. He found himself wholeheartedly confused again at the concept that two men could bear children. But he was weary, and he did not think that any good would come of asking for further clarification. "No," he said simply, enunciating every syllable so as not to be misunderstood again. "It is not." He would let that matter rest. In any case, it seemed to make Wakine uncomfortable that they discussed it at all. In that, Eln agreed. He was not enthused about the concept.

Still, he studied the young man solemnly as he delivered a heartfelt apology. Eln did not think one was necessary, but it was clear that Wakine did. "You did no lasting harm," he insisted. "I believe I have suffered worse than a cracked horn. And I am alive, thanks to you." He glanced up at the witch. "Is it not enough to your people that he has my forgiveness? Must he be shamed for a misunderstanding?"

GoblinFae

"That is a matter entirely between the two of you. When you are well you two can fight it out should you desire. Until then," At'Eed poked him hard in the chest, "it remains to be seen whether this harm will be lasting. The patient has to rest for starters. Not glaring at his healer might also help," she quipped. 
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nightcrawler

Eln brushed the witch's hand away. His expression did not change. He disliked the way she spoke to him. It reminded him of his weakness. "It will heal," he replied curtly. "It is not the first time. Nor is it the worst." He laid carefully back down. There was truth to what she said: he would indeed need rest if he was to recover properly. Though...he would not admit that to her. "Ply your trade or don't," he added. "I will live."

GoblinFae

Ply her trade? Oh that certainly did not sit well with her, not one bit. "You will live if I choose to let you live, Bride. Do not test the patience of your healer, lest my grief consume me and I miscount my measurements."

"At'Eed!" Waquin'i interjected, stepping closer but refraining from touching her. "He's been through enough. You don't need to bite back at the blood in the water.

"And Eln-I-Ara please," he begged turning his attention over. "She has taken very good care of you. At'Eed is our best healer. I know you're angry with me for what I did, and I deserve it. But is my punishment of pulling you two days straight really deserving you sacrificing your health to prove a point?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nightcrawler

At her tone, Eln sat up again, but in his frustration he did so too quickly. Sparks dotted his vision and threatened to blind him again. He replaced his hand on his forehead and shot the witch an incredulous look. "If your people would punish Wakine for an honest mistake, I doubt you would risk the same," he growled. "Idle threats serve no purpose, witch. Poison me, or don't. Heal, or don't." He had sat up straight and begun to lean towards her. He meant to keep going, but Wakine interjected. At the young man's behest, he stopped. He sighed and addressed him.

"I am not angry. But your people's use of a witch for her services is...disquieting. I cannot place my trust in her kind."

GoblinFae

At'Eed rolled her eyes. Waquin'i was not being punished although he had been reprimanded. The one who punished him was himself, not that that was any of her business to explain. 

"Witch? You say this word but we do not have it in our language. Do you mean her umm," Waquin'i paused and looked At'Eed who huffed and walked away to sit and grind more herbs. "Her veil?" He asked more quietly, motioning his hand over his face. "The sea took back her husband....it is a sign of her mourning. Honestly, this is the most I've seen her talk since—well anyway, she is someone you can trust, far more than the man who beat you it would seem."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nightcrawler

It was not at all what he had meant, but the young man's revelation gave him pause. He did not know what a "sea" was. He did not know how it would take a man. But loss and grief he knew keenly, and those were very earthly things for a witch to feel. Eln watched the veiled woman work for a moment before returning his focus to Wakine. "Perhaps it is different here," he admitted. "A witch is one who has been shunned by the clan for practicing forbidden arts in profanation to the gods. They are in opposition to the natural order. They are dangerous." He gestured to the silver sheet between them as an example. "This speaks of a witch's power."

Then the rest of the young man's words caught up to him, and he frowned. "You did no lasting harm," he repeated. "And you are more friend to me than anyone here. Do not dwell on it."

GoblinFae

"She is very much not a witch then. This magic is deeply valued and respected among my people. At'Eed is five-gill," he pointed at the six cheek scars he bore on each cheek.

"A position of high ranking and respect. We believe Mother Dogfish gave us these abilities to provide for and protect us. It is dishonorable to squander and not use them, especially for the benefit of the village.

"I am six-gill though," he admitted puffing up a bit with pride, "a warrior. We have seven ranks with seven-gills being the highest, our leaders and strongest warriors. You have no reason to fear any of us though. I promise as your...friend, you are safe here. No one will take advantage of you. We just want to help, there will be lessons to learn of course but, at least we'll understand each other better?" Waquin'i offered a small shy smile, briefly allowing his more bubbly self to peek through as Eln lifted the guilt off his shoulders. 
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nightcrawler

Eln listened carefully as Wakine told him of his people and their ways. He would have to accept the young man at his word that the woman was not a witch, and therefore posed no threat. Certainly, the matter of her grief gave him pause. He could not imagine any man seeking a witch's bed, let alone living in her house. Neither had he ever seen a village tolerate one. Still, such powers made him uneasy. He would have to see for himself.

"For the benefit of the village," Eln echoed. "Hmm." He watched the young man gesture to his cheeks. The scars were strange. Eln was not accustomed to seeing men bear them at all. The markings said nothing of his mother's house, nor of his kills. Things were different here. This was not home. As Wakine said, he would need to learn. That thought, too, made him uneasy.

He inclined his head. "In time, perhaps we will," he agreed. "It has helped to know your words. But for now, I should rest." He did not finish the thought aloud: that the pain of the horn wound was beginning to wear him down. There was no sense in rubbing salt-ash in the young man's tears. He was already ashamed of a thing Eln did not understand.

And, on the subject of what he did not understand...

"Wait. Wakine," Eln added hesitantly, with a furtive glance towards the witch. "Your people...they do not intend to execute me?"

GoblinFae

At'Eed stood, casting a burning glare through her veil at him. "Then lay down and rest."

Waquin'i began his retreat at her approach but paused at Eln's cautious words. His brow scrunched in confusion. "Of course not. Even if you...reject being my Bride, you are still welcome as one of us provided you learn our ways. Why would you be executed?"

"For defiantly disobeying a healer's orders," At'Eed muttered while prodding at Eln's chest trying to urge him to lay down. 
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nightcrawler

Eln shot Wakine a look of genuine alarm at the repeated mention of being a bride. "I am no one's 'bride'," he grumbled. "I had thought that — "

But as he spoke, the witch neared him again, and interrupted him with a rough jab to the chest. Something about the feel of it struck a chord of deep-rooted fear. Before he knew it, he had smacked her hand aside and grabbed her by the wrist. "Stop," he commanded, nostrils flaring and brow furrowed. Then, with a momentary look of horror at his own behavior, he released her and took a shuddering breath. "Stop," he repeated, quieter and calmer now. "I will do as you say."

GoblinFae

She yanked her wrist back the moment he grabbed it and placed her hands on her hips with a slight huff instead. At'Eed took a breath to ground herself. As stubborn as they both appeared to be, her own bullheadedness was doing nothing to help this strange foreigner.

Looking to his face, she did not see a man who was controlled by list for blood or flesh. His eyes were those of a frightened bull. This simply would not do.

With a sigh she raised her hands splayed and palm outward to him in a gesture of peace.

"I need to examine your knee. Will you allow me to touch? It will likely be painful."

"You can hold my hand if you want," offered Waquin'i. "Borrow some of my strength." The young man beamed down at Eln as he offered the appendage while trying to be a welcome distraction. "You had thought what?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nightcrawler

He lay carefully back down, but not without wincing and grunting like the invalid old man that he was. The witch held her hands up, and at first, Eln thought it was yet another trick — like the pane of water-glass that still hung unnaturally between them. It seemed instead to be a gesture of peace. So, he thought. She could be reasoned with. Wakine was right: she was unlike a witch. What had he called her? At-id?

"Yes," Eln replied, consenting to the care of his knee. "...Thank you," he added begrudgingly. He looked over at Wakine's hand, then up at Wakine. He did not take the offer, but neither did he take offense to it. "You still dwell on it," he observed. "There is no sense in that. And of these injuries, my leg is the least your fault. It was the smallest price to pay for insulting one of your clan's warriors, I think."

He did not elaborate on what he had been about to say. The idea that these folk openly paired men with men was befuddling. He had no interest in such affairs, and he had already said as much. That should have been the end of it.

GoblinFae

At'Eed nodded as Waquin'i dropped his abandoned hand back to his side, unbothered by the rejection. Her hands were cool as she placed them above and below his knee, feeling for a moment before working to manipulate his leg, bending and turning it this way and that while digging her thumbs along his tendons.

"I know your knee is not my doing," Waquin'i stated plainly. "But a friend can still offer comfort, can't he?" He gave a small cheeky grin.

"How did you injure your leg?" Interrupted At'Eed. "And how long ago?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Nightcrawler

Eln gave Wakine an exasperated look, but did not reply. He squinted as he tried to recall what had transpired that night, but even thinking hurt. He raised a hand and gingerly prodded at his horn wound. It did not help matters. "Ah...I...had taken Wakine's spear. I was foolish. Pushed him with it. He caught hold of it. Pushed back. I wasn't expecting it. I stumbled. He hooked my leg. It bent the wrong way, out to the side." He closed his eyes and grimaced. "Ungh...later, I think he did it again, and dragged my knee across the rocks. It felt...wrong." He opened his eyes again. "It was a good fight," he added.

GoblinFae

Waquin'i deflated at the look and stepped further back as At'Eed took over his space. "So it is his fault," she chimed in without missing a beat causing the young man to slump further and retreat back towards the door.

"You'll be able to walk proper in a few weeks. The brace Waquin'i made you helped. We'll make you a stronger one though so you'll be bearing weight on it in a few days provided your infection heals enough to let you out of bed. It would go faster if you actually rested
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]