Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Civilization's little oddities

Started by Anonymous, January 24, 2012, 07:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

'Twas not always that Kai found himself in settled areas. Most of the time it was completely by accident; not to say he actively avoided them, but rather that he didn't... fit in. By no particular fault of his own, mind; after all, it was fairly difficult for a blue-furred, humanoid fox to really fit in much of anywhere. Though, in fairness, having a personality that was fairly oblivious to many of the nuances of society didn't really help.

Nor did the frequent stares, really, but as long as nothing happened from it, he couldn't be expected to mind.

So, quite aimlessly the fox wandered, carrying himself by naught but random will on which direction to turn at any given time. There was the distinctive scent of food from place to place, sure, but... well, for once, he'd just eaten, so wouldn't bother the people with the odd debates about what trinkets he might have been handing them at any given time. Trying to explain 'money' to him had, on more than one occasion, proven a lost cause. After all, he was handing over something of apparent value at such times, was he not?

Ah, and children ahead. That generally caught his attention, usually for no other reason than... than... seeing what they were like compared to animal children? Hm... seemed as good a reason as any, for as much as he didn't care enough to think on it. So, curiously he made his way in that general direction, to see whatever it was they might have been doing.

GoblinFae

Today was a good day. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the children were full of questions. Primrose could not ask for more. Her smile only grew with each new inquiry the little ones pressed upon her. "Why are trees tall? Why does water come from the ground? Why are stones cold?"

Every new question was another reason to be awed by the world around her. Her own tutors from when she was a child had never instilled as much joy of learning as children now did in her. "Miss Primmy, why does the blue man have a tail?" little Anya called pointing ahead of the group.

Looking up, Primrose caught the eye of the figure ahead. She did not feel that he was a threat to her or the children, but that did not stop her from moving in front of the group. "Can I help you, sir? Are you lost? I'm afraid I don't remember seeing you around here," she stated with a neutral face but a warm tone.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Anonymous

Honestly speaking, there was no way the fox could not hear the little query; as if to prove this, one ear perked up slightly upon it. Though, just to be wholly certain it was him being spoken of, he took a brief glance around. Indeed, there seemed to be no others that were a 'blue man with a tail,' so it must have been him.

"Hm? Well... I guess I'm pretty much lost," he admitted, reaching up one hand to scratch a little behind his head in apparent, brief thought. Despite this, he seemed rather... unconcerned about it all. "Eh, I'm just looking around anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter. So, er... these kids yours?" he asked, his head tilting a little to the side in curiosity as his eyes wandered over the kids in question. Just another point he was rather oblivious about: schooling.

GoblinFae

She could not help the raising eyebrow or the confused smile that lightened up her face. "I see," she said, not really understanding his nonplussed admission. "No, they are not my children," she giggled. "They are my students. I am a teacher. I educate them so that they may be better prepared for the world ahead as adults." Primrose was practically beaming with pride for her job.

"If you are sure that you are alright and do not require assistance then we should really be going, shouldn't we children," she called to the bouncing little ones. As one the twelve children gave a cheer. "That is of course, if you do not wish to join us. I mean you don't have to if you don't want to. I certainly don't mean to dismiss you. If you need help I am more than willing to be of assistance. Or if you would rather join us that is all well too. But, I am not insisting that you do. The choice is completely yours. I would be honored if you joined us but, not...offended...if you didn't," her voice trailed off as she realized she was getting herself worked up again. It was well-known among the people of Ketra that young noble Primrose Dragoslav was easily flustered and sent into a patter of circle-talking.

Smiling tight-lipped out of embarrassment, Primrose looked at the stranger again, in kindness. "I'm Primrose," she stated, trying again. Her cheeks flushed crimson and her hand played nervously with her skirts. "What's your name?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Anonymous

Student? Teacher? Ah, more terms that were completely lost on him, so he simply gave an absent nod in response, perhaps showing that he in fact hadn't a clue.

It wasn't really his fault that he didn't grow up in civilization for very long, but ah well. Such was life, for some.

"Well, I don't really have anywhere else to be anyway, and it seems kinda fun... I'm not really used to human kids, though I guess I get that from living out in the forests. Anyway, I'm Kai, nice to meetcha," he replied, going so far as to offer a hand in a friendly gesture. He still didn't strictly know what it signified, but he'd seen it used often in introductions, so had taken to using it himself. Those times he could be bothered to remember, at least (which was most of the time, but one never knew what to expect from an erratic being such as him).

"So... where ya all off to, anyway? Don't really know much about the place here, personally, so somewhere interesting or fun might be good," he offered, tilting his head a little to the side in curiosity again. A habit, to be certain.

GoblinFae

"Hi Mister Kai, sir!" one of the younger boys chirped. Surging forward the child shook the stranger's hand very solemnly as if it was the most important thing in the world he would ever do. Letting go again, a large toothy smile split his face in two.

"Missy Primrosey is going to be takin' us to see the trades, so the big boys can be prentices like our daddies 'fore 'em." Feeling somewhat embarrassed, the woman teacher lowered her head shyly. "Apprentices, Tam. Not prentices," she gently corrected. "Forgive us, Kai. I am not sure you may find very much fun in what we are doing today. As Tam said, we are going to various shops to learn about trade jobs. We were headed to the smithy next. You are still welcome to join us. Perhaps, someone there can direct you to more amusing sights."

She cast a friendly smile his way before beginning to round up the children. The youngest ones fought her though and refused to settle. The sight of the stranger had greatly distracted them. Primrose felt like she was being walled in by the rapid fire questions they kept sending her way, and all of them about the "blue man," as they had come to call Kai. Out of the corner of her eye, she was horrified to see Lyra, her youngest pupil, walking up behind Kai, hands outstretched to grab his tail. 'Oh Lyra! What am I going to do with you?'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Anonymous

[sorry for not getting back to you before, my own brain was about dead by that point as well... ]

"Hm... well, I dunno much of anything about towns and stuff, so I suppose it couldn't hurt to check stuff out at least," he submitted, his ears perking up slightly when the woman said where they were apparently going first. Well... first for him, but likely next for the rest of them, who had surely been to at least one place previously. Smithy, though... 'twas still curious how they did things so differently than him. Sure, such a place was where he'd initially picked up the art of metalworking, but still, his own methods quickly far deviated from the norm.

Then, in the midst of the distraction, there was his tail. Indeed it was quite well proven to be real, for when it was tugged it didn't budge from where it was solidly attached to him. He didn't yelp or anything of the sort that might have been expected from canines; rather, an ever-so-slight grunt that wasn't even carried to hearing range escaped him as he carefully extricated his tail from the child's grip.

"Well... I do know some stuff about smithing, at least, though I do it a lot differently than most people. Always seemed kinda odd to me how people without fire magic do it, but... well, lead the way anyway, I guess."

GoblinFae

(OOC: No sweat. I bit the bullet and dragged this out. Should be easier from here I think.)

"Lyra!" she called after the child, pulling her away. "That was very rude."

"But, blue kitty man has a tail! I wants to pet it!" the child whined trying to pull herself free. Primrose blinked in surprise, nearly letting the girl go. 'Not a cat, Lyra.' Recovering quickly, she sent an apologetic smile to Kai. "I am very sorry for that. She didn't hurt you did she?" The young woman sent her students on ahead, falling into step beside the other man.

"Oh, you have fire magic? Was that something you were born with, or did you study become one?" Her knowledge-hungry nature was finally showing itself. Primrose was intrigued by things she did not know or understand. Kai talking about fire magic in conjunction with blacksmith work only served to pique her interest. "How do you do blacksmith work, then? Are any of the methods similar? Perhaps you coul-I mean would you be willing to show the children? I'm sure they might like that. Not that I'm saying you're a form of entertainment, some spectacle to be observed and poked fun at. Just, I know I at least find different ways of doing things fascinating. I think they would too."

She nervously ran her hand through her hair, tucking loose strands behind her ear. "Manha! Stay away from the bellows, remember the last time you did that," she called after the children. The boy in question, climbed off the fence he had balancing on and stood compliantly away from the outdoor fire pit. The town's blacksmith smiled and nodded his head in greeting to the schoolteacher.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]