Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Measures of Mercy [M] [Lion]

Started by GoblinFae, March 04, 2014, 12:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinFae

A cry of fright escaped her as Navarre tensed, expecting to be struck only to find he had changed his mind at the last moment. 'Isn't that what I said? His master tried to protect him just as mine did me. He tried to make him look human so that he could not be forever looked down upon. How is that wrong? Why is he so stubborn so as to not see the truth?'

The elf gasped and convulsed at the mention of the box. Her greatest fear was her most common form of punishment, to be locked within that tiny dark box where even the air seemed to press in on her from all sides, crushing her with it's weight.

"Then you were a better slave than I," she whimpered. "Master says I'm wicked. I make so many mistakes. He is so forgiving and tries so hard to teach me. I never learn," Navarre said, her voice cracking. Hot tears began to trail down the sides of her face, falling into the collar of her top uncomfortably. "Maybe I am stupid."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Lion

She wouldn't understand.  It took everything in him not to lunge at her, not to beat her senseless until she knew the fallacy of her words.  Theiryk knew the pain of enslavement.  His master had never been so kind as to consider him a treasured object.  In fact quite the opposite.  He was a commodity because he was a rare elf, largely unseen in the rest of the world.  But the extent of his value was little more than that.

Especially when he realized just how defiant he proved to be.  He should have known better than to try and tame a Wild Elf.  But the effort in trying had done more than their fair share in damage...

Theiryk chewed on his lip as he pulled the sled along, down the overgrown path that led toward the western edge of Banridge.  His head turned, watching her eyes glisten and tears sprouting from the edge.  He sneered at her and furrowed his brows.  "You really don't.  But as far as I can see, he really only keeps you around for one reason, you look good on his arm.  And likely on his lap."  Theiryk cackled.  "But you're too stupid to realize that you're disposable.  There are a thousand more like you.  Perhaps even a few with brains.  Whatever you think you are to him, whatever you think he thinks you are, one fact remains: You're value is less than you could possibly believe...  Why would he waste his energy on trying to be kind?  Because he loves you?  When you run out of your uses, he won't love you anymore.  In fact, I'm sure he doesn't even now.  Just as long as he can keep making you believe it; that's all he needs."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

GoblinFae

"Master isn't like that! He does love me! Why would you say such horrible things about him? I know how worthless I am. Master taught me that. He also made sure I understood how grateful I should be to him for saving my life and putting so much personal effort into my care. I know that. I respect that and I am grateful. Honest I am!"

More tears fell out of frustration as she once more resumed her struggles. "Why are you such a liar and a thief? Your behavior is a perfect example of what he taught me! Elves just take what they want without regards to others and then throw away what they don't want like wasteful, uncaring monsters!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Lion

"I tire of arguing with you, imp," he growled.  "Besides you just spew out the same nonsense over and over again, and it gets more and more pathetic each time you say it."  Theiryk did his best not to succumb to his anger, to his emotions, to the roiling bubble of sickness that coiled in his gut and threatened to burst.  She was blind, too blind for him to want to convince her of the truth.

It would only come back into splatter in his face.

"Well, here we are," he said at last, forcing a grin as they ended up within the first few buildings of Banridge.  "I'm sure the locals will make you feel more than at home."  He smirked a little and left the sled beside the closes building and reached for her, removing the bonds around her ankles and yanking her too her feet, but keeping her hands tied, dragging her along with him toward the nearest tavern.

You could tell from the smell that it had seen better days, but when Theiryk pushed open the door, once the men on the other side of the door recognized him, they whooped and hollered and one large brute stood up from a chair, kicking it under the table and folding his arms across his chest.  "Well, well, if it isn't Theiryk the Hunted.  I should skin you for showing your face here in Banridge.  What the hell are you doing here?"

"I brought a peace offering.  A slaver," he said with a sneer and threw Navarre into his chest.  The man caught her and sniffed her.  Then he smiled a grin of rotten teeth and felt her arm in his iron grip.

"A slaver eh?  She certainly smells pretty enough.  And an elf no less!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

GoblinFae

She fought him for all that she was worth as he dragged her inside yet it was all for naught. The other elf was too strong and seemed to not even notice as they entered the establishment to be greeted with hoots and hollers.

Her situation was only made worse as she was shoved forcefully into another disgusting creature's arms. It made her sick to her stomach the way he put his hands all over, testing her worth as if she was a prized cow headed for slaughter.

Chest heaving in fury, Navarre turned enough in the man's grip to view her now named captor. "I will not forget your name so easily Theiryk. When my Master comes for me I will be sure to tell him who it was that stole me and beat me, you insolent cur! You cannot treat me like this, I have done nothing wrong!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

"I'm sure your Master will want to turn me into a cloak, to be sure.  But he'll have to get in line with the rest of them.  They don't call me Theiryk the Hunted for nothing," he said with a laugh and left the man to deal with her as he pleased.  "Brosrin, show the little imp around!  Introduce her to the other men!"  Theiryk smirked and moved toward the bar and the man there served him a tall cold pint.

Theiryk only drank when the mood suited him.  And he could use a good drink after all the blabbering done by that awful woman.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

"Don't need to be telling me twice!" Brosrin declared with glee as he bodily moved Navarre's fighting form from where she stood to the gathering circle of men. His voice booming with laughter, he shoved her into the throng who proceeded to jeer and toss her about from person to person. They pinched her, slapped her, pulled her hair, and tore at her clothes as they jeered and cheered.

"Not so high and mighty now are you slaver?" a short, stocky man with only a handful of teeth taunted. With her in his grasp he licked her from collarbone to temple, bruising her arms with his bony fingers. Navarre growled in disgust, trying futilely to pull her head away. She did not remain with him for long before another was pulling her towards himself.

"Pretty little thing. What shall we do with her boys? How best to give her a taste of her own medicine? Beat her? Burn her? Whip her hide until she coughs on her own blood? Or I know," the third man said, turning with her in his arms to face Theiryk. "Perhaps we give her a taste of your own treatment, elf. What do you think? Cut off her pretty little ears?"

The talk of torture made Navarre pale whiter than a sheet and the white soft her eyes were clearly visible. It was a struggle to control her breathing as she looked at Theiryk with pained yet defiant eyes. Her skin was already beginning to show lasting impressions of the men's "kindness" through the tattered remains of her blouse. She was frightened but there was still an unwavering belief that Kreios would still come for her before the end.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

Theiryk watched with no small amount of pleasure at her man-handling.  The men of Banridge were fierce and rough and spared no kindness toward their treatment of Navarre.  But at the mention of severing her eyes, Theiryk suddenly straightened and he slammed his glass on the counter.  "You'll leave her ears intact, I think.  In fact, if you really want to have some fun, break those binds and show her what it's like to be chased like the dog she is."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

She did not know what that meant but she certainly did not like the sound of it, especially not when the men cheered, spilling their drinks over her. "Care to join us Theiryk?" Brosrin called out, already beginning to cut her ties. "We'll let you cast the first stone if you wish."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

Theiryk shook his head and propped himself up on the counter, grinning.  "Nah," he smirked at Navarre.  "But I do think I'll take just as much pleasure in having a front row seat!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

The men laughed as they cleared some space, moving chairs and tables out of the way before forming a large perimeter about the room. Navarre was thrown into the middle of the area even as several of the men licked their lips lasciviously.

"Now the rules are simple to understand whore, even for you. If you can break the circle and escape, you are free to go. If you are caught you will pay the price of trying at the hands of whatever man claims you. Now dance for us pretty!"

A crack of whip against her shoulder sent her scuttling forward and right into the hands of man eager to manhandle her further. Navarre screamed and cursed as she was smacked around before being released and sent in a new direction. Repeatedly she was caught and abused before being sent off another way. No matter how hard she tried she could not escape. When she refused to move from the center or moved too slow for them, they threw things at her or cracked the whip across her hide. Navarre screamed herself hoarse in no time. Yet, as tired as she became whenever her eyes looked out towards Theiryk a renewed anger boiled forth and she would fight anew for however short a time her body could withstand her efforts.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

Theiryk laughed, cackling and slapping his leg as she was thrown around from man to man.  But it wasn't long before his laughter turned to a mere grin.  He drank a pint or two, but no more than that, watching the men have their fun.  There was more they could do to her of course, it was just a matter of time - and how many drinks they had in their gullets - before this kind of fun just wasn't enough.

When she looked at him with that rage, between her screams, a small grin of satisfaction appeared at the corner of his lips but soon they became less and less.  Fifteen minutes in, where most of her clothes were ruined anyway, Theiryk suddenly leapt from the counter and parted through the crowd.  "All right, I think she's had enough anyway.  There's only so much you can do to a bitch like her before she bleeds too much.  Her Master won't be happy about what you've done to her face," he said, sneering at her, but then it simply turned into a burning glare.

"Master!?  You said she was a slaver, Theiryk," he growled.  "You sayin' you brought us a slave?"

"She's a slaver, just a different breed of one.  She's lure, of course.  That would explain why she's so pretty, and her haughty attitude, she's obviously treated well.  Perhaps not better than she deserves.  Her master likely trained her to catch slaves, and drags them all across Adela to see where he can sell his stock.  She may be a slave, but she's a slaver all the same.  She ain't any better than he is," Theiryk said testily.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

Brosrin scowled as looked from Navarre to Theiryk in disgust. "A slave is a slave," he spat. "You deceived us!"

"It is all speculation!" another cried out, moving to stand behind the shaking woman. He pulled her flush against his chest with a snarl. "For all we know it is all conjecture brought on by your own self-hatred!"

The first man stepped forward to get in the elf's face as the others moved to close in around the pair. "The only slaver I see here is one who has long since outstayed his welcome, traitor! You bloodied our hands with an innocent!"

From where she stood, Navarre watched with calculating eyes. One man was far easier to overpower than the many. If the men broke out into a fist-fight, she believed that she could easily slip away to meet her master. Surely Kreios was out there looking for her. He would be livid to hear that she had disobeyed him and entered Banridge Hollow. That was sure to warrant an extended boxing on top of her interrupted punishment.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

Theiryk stared at the lot of them with narrow, stony eyes.  He stiffened and gripped hard on his quarry, who was suddenly pulled into another man.  Honestly!  Of all people he expected these fools to believe him over that whore!.  His eyes shot around the room at the tossed accusations, and he'd yet to raise a word in his own defense.

When Brosrin came to stare him down face to face, Theiryk straightened and raised his nose to his challenger, and his jaw clenched.  His grip on Navarre had slipped, when she was pulled from him, but his eyes never faltered from looking at the larger man.  Brosrin was a hulking mass, at least a head larger than Theiryk himself and built like a stone wall.  But Theiryk didn't fear him.

"I wouldn't exactly call her innocent blood, Brosrin," he said lowly, in that same chilling voice.  "You didn't see what I saw.  She is a pawn in her Master's hands, to beat and cower real slaves in their clutches.  She's as bad as he is, perhaps worse because she's too blind to see how wrong she is."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

The men were divided. Some called out to break her further for her past deeds while others demanded she be left alone; they had wronged her enough. Brosrin himself looked just as conflicted. He growled angrily, placing himself toe to toe with Theiryk.

"What will you do to her? Perhaps you are right. We can teach her better than you, surely that is why you dragged her here in the first place. She is a woman after all. She still has uses we can put her to."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

At the threat to "put her to more uses" made Theiryk's eyes suddenly widen and it was appartent even to Brosrin.  His grin spread his nasty mouth open and he smiled sinisterly at the ripped-eared elf.  "Oh, grown sensitive have you, Theiryk?  What do you care?  You brought her to us for punishment, so let us finish the job."

"No!" Theiryk growled.  "You've had your fun.  That's enough!"

Brosrin suddenly grabbed him by the fur lining of his cuirass and he grabbed him up.  But Theiryk shot his hand out and jabbed it into Brosrin's eye and the man howled at the sudden explosion to his vision.  Theiryk had yanked out his eye, holding the bloody ball in one hand and had but a brief second to escape retaliation from the rest of the men.

Theiryk turned and grabbed Navarre, pulling her after him,  "Let's  go!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

Using the men's distraction and focus on Theiryk and Brosrin, Navarre viciously slammed her elbow back into her captor's belly before bursting forward straight into the elf's grasp. She did not resist as he yanked her along, instead hurrying to keep up as they raced away from the angry mob of men.

Better to stay with the enemy you knew than the enemy you did not. She recognized well enough that Theiryk had spoken to protect her even if he had fed her to the wolves. Navarre also reasoned that it would be easier to overcome one man than many. Her master would be proud of her quick thinking, she was sure of it.

Yet, even as she ran beside him, Navarre still fought to be released of his hold. Behind her she could hear the anger of the crowd as they spread out and tried to box them both in or corral them towards a deadend. All she wanted though was to be free and back under her master's care and she did not care if that meant leaving Theiryk behind or not.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

As the men made sense of what was happening, it wasn't long before they started to close in on Theiryk and the 'slaver' elf within his hard grasp.  He had no intention of letting her go so easily now, and he had no intention of letting her be ripped apart by these men, as he was sure was their true intention toward her, even if they said otherwise.

There was no law in a place like Banridge, no measure of mercy levied onto those that were truly innocent.  Even in their kindness resided a bloody cruelty that would spare no one in sight, not even supposed allies.  And Theiryk had known the risk he was taking in dragging the woman in a place like this.  Come to think of it, he expected them to take the revelation of her servitude much better than this.  This wasn't going exactly as he had planned.

But that was the whole point of being flexible, wasn't it!?

Theiryk took Navarre up into his arms, throwing her legs over one arm before he jumped up the wall at the bare side of the tavern and leapt up into the rafters.  Men scrambled to get to the second floor before they made it, and Theiryk leapt for the open smoke pit window, rolling out to the hay of the roof.  He set her down then and dragged her with him to the other end, as men scrambled outside and began to arm bows and crossbows and fired them up at the two elves running along the roof.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

GoblinFae

Navarre squawked the moment that she was scooped up into the elf's arms and bounced around like a sack of potatoes. She kicked her legs about but was otherwise helpless to squirm free of his grip. Her slight frame put her at a serious disadvantage.

She was no sooner on her feet again than she was being dragged off, hay now tangled in her hair and clothes. Arrows began to whiz past them, striking the roofing at their feet or flying through the air by their ears. Navarre even felt one breeze right past the tip of her nose as her feet faltered in their steps.

A glance ahead noted that they were nearing the edge of the roof. She moved to try and run beside Theiryk instead of behind him when the slight glint of metal caught her eye from across the ridge ahead. Acting on instinct alone, Navarre had but a moment to yank with all of her weight on his arm before the intended ambushing arrow grazed them both. Had she not, the Avariel would have been caught in the grasp of a dead elf. It had been perfectly aimed to cut clean through his throat.

Not a single word left her mouth as Navarre pursed her lips together, offering Theiryk a very pointed look of disapproval.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Lion

His heart was beating wildly in his chest, Theiryk couldn't focus on everything that was happening at once.  Some men had managed to make it out to the roof, following their path from the rafters, while others were focusing their shots on aiming arrows.  The whizz, zip, and soft sigh of flying arrowheads and shafts only made the Wild Elf even more anxious as he leapt for the end of the roof.

But alas, he felt something suddenly yank him backwards, his head having fallen into the path of a deadly iron tip.  He nearly fell on her, but his hips twisted to where he stumbled on his knees and looked up at her with wide, incredulous eyes.  But there was no time to question her as he got to his feet again and pulled her to the opposite end of the roof and suddenly summoned the wind to whirl around them.

It was an invisible gust until Theiryk pulled her off the tall roof and the wind moved under their feet and tossed them other roof, promptly dissipating behind them.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn