Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

At Least They're Not Apples

Started by Zero, March 07, 2014, 05:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

A soft sigh escaped Tesha as he hugged her tightly. It was nice, being so close to him, having his arms around her. For a moment she could pretend that everything was just right and that he knew just how much she loved him, and that he loved her too. Actually she knew he probably did love her - as a friend and nothing more. Shadows, how awful would that be? Maybe that was the only kind of love she deserved from him. If she even deserved that with the way she treated him sometimes.

He spoke into her neck, where his face was resting so pleasantly, and it caused her to shiver softly. She wondered what it would be like to have him kiss her there, against her delicate throat, she'd tilt her head back and...Tesha blinked and blushed at the thought. Kenneth didn't think of her like that. Also he was waiting for an answer. What had he asked again? She'd been so distracted.

"Oh, I guess. Not to doubt Brennus or his capability, of course, just getting lost once was enough, I think." Plus it meant another night out there with Kenneth, just the two of them and no other duties to drag them apart.

GoblinFae

He nodded against her, content to not argue and just be still. It was unbelievable to him just how good it felt to hug someone close the way he was holding onto Tesha. It made him wish that he could do this all the time though he doubted that she would be so willing to sit and hug whenever he felt like it. 'Perhaps we should argue more often if this is the result. I could handle that,' he lied to himself, knowing he could not bear the heartbreak that came with fighting with her and the fear that she may not come back. Their friendship was far more important to him than ever being hugged again.

"Hungry?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

Tesha honestly wasn't sure how long they had been like that, with faces buried against each other's necks and bodies pressed so warmly together. It felt like an eternity and but a single heartbeat all at the same time. So when he asked if she was hungry, the young ranger shook her head stubbornly, reluctant to move from her comfortable position. Although she wondered if she was making him uncomfortable.

"Am I bothering you like this? I shouldn't be so clingy. I bet I'm making your legs numb." She mumbled softly before leaning back so she could look into his face again, hands resting on his shoulders now and squeezing softly.

GoblinFae

"You're not a bother Tesha. Why would you think that?" He asked her, suddenly realizing how awkward their current position was with her currently straddling his lap. Kenneth swallowed thickly, blushing darkly as he tried to keep his gaze somewhere respectable but finding it even more difficult as he became more and more aware of how close and cozy they were together.

"Are you okay? You didn't answer my question."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

It was here where Tesha finally broke into a sly grin. Some might have found their position awkward, but she honestly wasn't embarrassed in the least with the idea that she was straddling Kenneth's lap. Okay, well maybe a little, but it was his reaction now that he finally realized where exactly she was that kept her face from doing more than giving the barest of flush as she leaned forward so that her lips were just a breath away from his ear.

"I thought I might be bothering you because you're red as a beet, Kenny." She responded with a soft, breathless chuckle. Leaning back again so she could take in the undoubtedly glorious reaction on his face her blue eyes were sparkling playfully and the teasing was evident in her voice as she spoke again. "And I did shake my head no, but you must have had something else on your mind and missed it."

GoblinFae

Kenneth's lips pressed firmly together as his cheeks darkened. His head had scrunched down on his neck and as far back from Tesha as he could make it go until it was resting on the tree as he attempted to avoid the possibility of her causing any other embarrassingly delightful sensations coursing through his being with her close proximity and tantalizing scent. In the moments where she had been hugging him, he had managed to temporarily forget that it was a woman sitting in his lap. Now it was not just any woman but a woman who happened to care quite deeply for, more so than he possibly even knew and he felt ashamed of himself for having such base human feelings for her.

'She deserves better not only in a man but in a friend. No true friend thinks of his friend in such a-' he could not even think the word, finding himself burn from the tips of his ears all the way down the length of his neck. 'Poor Tesha, as if she does not already have enough male attention and trouble now from her friend too? Shadows, if she ever found out she'd kill me.'

"No, no," the ranger hurriedly squeaked. "Nothing on my mind. Must just be tired. Been a long day, plus the whole getting detoured and really no thoughts whatsoever!" Kenneth swallowed dryly and licked his lips, wishing his mouth did not feel so much like burlap. "What were we talking about again?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

When you were right, you were right. Tesha was grinning from ear to ear as she watched Kenneth hunch down and back, trying to get as far from her as possible, while at the same time, she felt his arms still snugly at her waist. She wondered if he realized he was trying to get away while holding her close at the same time. Knowing Kenny probably not. He was so red, and somehow he got even redder. She wondered what naughty thought crept through his sweet, innocent mind to cause that.

His squeaking reply made her grin falter, and she instead pouted lightly at him. Kenneth was obviously extremely awkward, and she should probably stop this now, before she really upset him again, but she really didn't want to. Part of her wanted to keep pushing him, just a little more, to see what she could find. Another part of her was afraid of what she might find. Right now she could pretend she had a chance with him, but what if he really didn't want her like that at all?

"No thoughts at all." She asked, sounding mock hurt. "Here you've got me in your lap and you've not got any thoughts? Am I not pretty enough for you?" It was here that she let out a dramatic gasp, lifting a hand and placing it across her heart. "Or is it another woman? That's it, isn't it? You wound me Kenny! Having a girlfriend and not bringing her to meet your best friend. Tsk. Tsk."

GoblinFae

He closed his eyes tightly as he shook his head emphatically. "Not a one," Kenneth tried to insist, her words having caused his own to be a contradiction to the truth. Already he began to feel stirrings that he much rather not have. Thankfully the mortification he felt was able to overpower his temporary lust and he was able to control himself from ruining their friendship forever.

"Now Tesha, you know no woman would want me. I'm neither strong nor handsome. I'm just the perfect male best friend to help a lady get from point A to point B, you know, the boy next door type. Besides if there was a woman then you would be the first to know. Can't exactly be leaving my own love-life entirely up to me now can I? Have to have an expert opinion on a lady's virtues as seen from my lady-warrior best friend."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

A hard edge entered those sapphire eyes as they narrowed sharply. Tesha had already gotten on to him once today for taking down on himself. Honestly, the man never learned, and he was completely oblivious. Did she have to come right out and say it? Maybe nothing short of attacking him would get the message across. How could he not see the way she looked at him? Again, she wondered if it was just because he didn't want to see it. Worse, what if he did and chose to ignore it? That almost seemed like giving him too much credit.

"You know I hate it when you talk bad about yourself. Maybe you're a bit of a klutz and spaz, but you're strong, and I've seen you fight. You're amazing. I wouldn't lie about it, and you know it. If you sucked I would tell you so. As for handsome and women wanting you..." Tesha trailed off and bit her bottom lip before lowering her voice secretively. "I know at least one woman that wants you, so there."

GoblinFae

"Okay, okay," he replied defensively, raising his hands in surrender. "So I'm good at a few things. That doesn't mean that there's-wait did you say there's a woman that likes me? Like, likes me, likes me? You wouldn't joke about that right? How do you even know this? In fact, don't tell me! I don't need to know what you ladies all discuss when the men aren't around. Probably just make me turn purple with shame anyway."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Tesha couldn't help but roll her eyes. Stubborn, oblivious, and goofy. What did she see in him again? Not that it really mattered, she thought glumly. She could offer herself up on a silver platter and she doubted he would even realize what he was being offered. Well, it had been worth a shot, she guessed. Frankly, Tesha'd had answer enough, and what she'd managed to get out of him was enough to make a horrible, aching pit in her stomach. Or maybe her chest. Wanted to know about some other woman, but completely ignored the one right in his lap. Yeah, she'd learned more than enough.

"Yes, likes likes you. And you're probably right." She said with more than a hint of exasperation before continuing in a mock girly trill. "We talk about men like, all the time, don't you know? Which are the most handsome, or strong, or brave. Which are the sweetest, which have the prettiest eyes or the best smile."

She dropped the act and just shrugged her shoulders. Tesha wasn't in the habit of gossiping about men. If Kenneth really thought she was, he was more of an idiot than she thought. All this time his hands had been at her waist, and that had been comfortable, indeed, until a few moments ago she'd been more than happy with the current arrangement, but now she was feeling the awkwardness probably as keenly as he was.

"If we're staying out here tonight we should find a good campsite. Preferably near a stream." Untangling herself from him, Tesha stood up while putting on a fake smile. She could act like everything was normal and fine. She sure could. Reaching out her hand to offer him help up she put a teasing quality back in her voice. "And that woman I mentioned? She thinks you're all of the above, just so you know."

GoblinFae

He was sad to see her get up and realized only as she left and cool air caressed his palms that he had been clinging so tightly to her. Without looking at her, Kenneth stumbled up to his feet with her help, brushing dirt and leaves from the back of his pants as he did.

"All of it," came his awe-filled and mumbled repetition. He was struggling not to think about who it might be or worse yet whom he wanted it to be. Trying to look over his shoulder at himself he finally sighed and turned around so his back was facing Tesha. "Did I get it all off?"

It was not the question he wanted to ask but it at least kept his heart safe. 'Of course it's not her you idiot. She's only your friend. She's probably already got some lucky bastard of a lad courting her to begin with.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

After helping Kenneth up Tesha stepped back and watched him brush the dirt from his pants. There was grim on her knees where she'd been straddling him, but she ignored it. Wasn't like a little dirt was going to hurt anything. All Tesha wanted to do now was find a good spot, set up camp, and make an excuse to go to bed early.

Though she couldn't help but give a lop-sided smile at her friend. He seemed really surprised that someone would be attracted to him. Was he really that dense? Tesha knew she wasn't the only woman around that thought Kenneth had some very appealing qualities. Though the idea of one of them getting to him made her stomach clench. Maybe it was a good thing he was so oblivious, it fended off other women's advances.

Still didn't help her though. He turned around for her examination, and she couldn't help but grin. Maybe he didn't like her like that, but that didn't mean she should pass up such a perfect opportunity to get a free feel in. Might be her only chance to touch his ass, after all. "Nope, you sure didn't!"

Without further warning she swiped her palms across his firm cheeks a couple times, so helpfully "brushing" away the "dirt" before patting him on the behind with a chuckle. "All clear, pal. Now the ladies will have a clear view."

GoblinFae

Kenneth was oblivious to the fact that his best friend was behaving a bit more than friendly in those moments as she was "helping" him out. Her statement though gave him extreme pause before his eyes widened and he was moving in circles in an attempt to see the back of his pants.

"What do you mean clear view? Is there a hole in my pants? Tesha please don't tell me you're letting me walk around with a hole in my pants. You know how embarrassing that is!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Totally unintentional, but hilarious result! Tesha burst out laughing as he started spinning around trying to see if there was a hole in his britches. She actually had to put her hands on her knees as she cackled merrily at his expense. Ah, now this was more like their usual selves, she thought. No repressed sexual tension being fought off now!

Coughing slightly she managed to stand up straight again, blue eyes flashing with amusement, but finally no longer laughing outright. "No, there's no hole in your pants. I just meant there's no dirt to obscure the view." She grinned widely. "Not that I've ever noticed how nicely a guy's pants might accentuate his firm, shapely ass, of course."

GoblinFae

"Oh, come on! Why'd you have to go and lead me on like that? Seriously Tesha that wasn't very nice at all!" Kenneth scowled and brushed his rear off one more time for safety's sake before settling to stand beside his laughing companion.

Brennus came to rest on the man's shoulder even as he sighed grumpily. "Suuure you haven't, how else would you know then that women stare at men's posteriors? So," he ribbed, elbowing her playfully in the side, "which guy was it? Do I know him?"

'How badly am I going to have to kill him?'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Oh that shut her up real fast. Tesha grunted as he elbowed her lightly in the ribs. Making a face at him she shook her head and tried to remain dignified as her face started turning pink. "You might have heard of him, but no way. We are not having this discussion! We were talking about your uneventful love life, not mine!"

After everything that had just happened there was no way. Tesha couldn't even risk the possibility of accidentally fessing up that the only man on her mind was him.

GoblinFae

Kenneth snorted smugly before clicking his tongue and giving the woman beside him a wink. "Doesn't sound to me as if your love life is quite so uneventful my friend. On the contrary, sounds like you've been holding back in your poor old pal. Come on now, give up some dirt. Is it Henson? Ooo maybe Jekklyn. I'm right aren't I? The big quiet type to match the loud and proud lady ranger."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Tesha gritted her teeth, how could he possible miss all of that time with her on his lap and get all smug and know-it-all here? The names Kenneth threw out had her scowling and she shot him a warning glare. "Have you ever spoken to Henson? He's boring. Jekklyn might be quiet, but he's a jackass when he does open his mouth. No and no, wrong on both counts."

Shaking her head she started walking, they should find that campsite. Maybe the search would distract Kenneth from this very awkward line of questioning.

GoblinFae

He nodded his head in understanding. "Aye you're right.  Henson is a miserable bastard to be around and you're lucky you don't hear half the things I do from the other. Glad to know you have better tastes than those two turds. Although in all honest I was looking for a reason to throw them in the ring for a tussle. You still sure you don't like them? Or any unsavory characters?" Kenneth teased while throwing an arm around her shoulders and hugging her close to his side.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]