Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Rub-a-dub-dub, two pirates in a tub! [Hemogloblin!]

Started by Rhindeer, August 21, 2012, 02:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Now Morgan wanted his help. Now Morgan was taking him seriously. If Kota were a worse person, he might have left her to deal with the easily-avoidable-if-she'd-only-listened-to-him problem all on her own, but fortunately for her, he was no murderer, and he wasn't one to ditch his companions. Even if they were a pain in the ass.

"Don't!" he breathed when he caught sight of Morgan's hand moving toward her knife. "Don't make any sudden movements. Just stay very calm and back away, toward me. Slowly...they might, uh...they might just be mad about the baby..."

But they looked like they were in hunting formation, come to think of it, and they eyed them hungrily, several of the females licking their teeth as the big male snarled and crouched in preparation to leap...

Kota's eyes widened and he reached out and grabbed Morgan's wrist. "Scratch that. RUN!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

GoblinFae

Ever so slowly, Morgan lifted her foot to take a step back towards Kota. Her eyes never left the menacing creatures before her though which she found an unfortunate necessity as she wanted nothing more than to roll her eyes in frustration.

"Wait! WHAT?!"

One second it was no sudden moves and the next her arm was practically being yanked from her socket as her less than desirable companion was dragging her through the trees.

"Make up your mind already!" She hollered over the din of the screeching beasts taking chase after them. "What are you doing, trying to get me killed?!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Rhindeer

"You're trying to get yourself killed!" Kota shot back as he dragged her along, crashing through the jungle as behind them, a pack of screeching monkeys gave chase.

"'Stay away from the monkeys, Morgan,' I said! 'Get away from them,' I said! And what do you do? 'Nope!' Wasn't that what you said? I'm pretty sure that's what ya said! As you went toward the things i said to stay clear of! I was trying to save your silly hide!"

He didn't know where he was taking them, except away from the murderous primates.

And also deeper into the jungle.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

GoblinFae

"Oh do shut-up!" Morgan growled shortly before she bent her leg at the knee behind her and to the side to effectively kick Kota in the behind while still running beside him. "Like anyone's going to want to listen to you with the way you nag and natter on! It's only luck that kept you from marriage and therefore certain death because she most certainly would have put herself out of the misery of having you around every hour of the day!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Rhindeer

"WAH!" Morgan's kick made Kota stumble and pinwheel his arms, but with a few awkward hops, he righted himself before he ate dirt--and before he maybe got eaten himself. He did fall behind several paces, though, and he had to pour on the speed to catch back up with her, some angry choice words heavy on his tongue. But before he could say them, what she was saying registered.

He fell into stride beside her and didn't dare look back at the monkeys--which meant he also didn't notice that they had slowed in their pursuit as the jungle around them grew darker, thicker.

"Waaait a tick. Are you saying she'd kill herself, or are you saying she'd murder me? 'Cause that was kind of vague there."

GoblinFae

Morgan smiled toothily in Kota's direction even as they continued running. The thrill of the adrenaline rush was finally getting to her and she was starting to feel a bit like her old self again. "You really want an answer to that? 'Cause I can assure you if she's a woman, she's smart enough to pick the better of those two options."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Kota's expression soured and he rolled his eyes. "Oh, ha ha. I'm not that bad, you know! We really just got off on the wrong foot! I'll have you know, the girl actually wanted to marry me! I was actually pretty hot stuff back in my village, just so you--ow!"

He had been so focused on looking over at Morgan that he hadn't been watching his feet, and he finally did eat dirt when his foot hit a root and sent him face first to the damp earth.

GoblinFae

She slowed in her running, turning to come to a complete stop as she viewed her companion's predicament. Morgan laughed at his folly and shook her head. "Yeah in your dreams maybe. Sweetheart I hate to break it to you but I think you're a bit full of yourself," she chuckled even as her gaze shifted from his prone form to the jungle behind him.

"You know I think they stopped following us."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Spitting out dirt, Kota pushed himself up onto his hands and knees and wiped at his tongue--before he realized his hands were covered in mud and that only made things worse. With a grimace, he spat again and groaned at the taste, hoping there had been no animal piss or feces in the mud he just ate.

"Eugh. Yeah, the good thing about those beasts is they at least give up pretty fast. Good thing, too. They'd have ripped us to pieces if they caught us."

He rose to his feet and dusted off his hands, smearing mud onto his already muddy breeches. "On a far more important note, you implying I'm not cute? Really? With this face?" And he made his best attempt at puppy dog eyes as he puckered up his lips in a kissy face.

GoblinFae

Morgan blinked slowly and repeatedly as she stared at Kota wordlessly. When he only continued to stare at her back though, she grimaced and looked at him with concern. "Are you ill? Your face seems to be a bit more bloated than usual. Or has it always looked like that? I can't say I've really takin' much notice before. Hmm, interesting. You really do look like a squashed dung heap. Who'd have thought?"

She crossed her arms over her ample chest with a heavy sigh. "So shall we continue? Or do you expect me to starve some time soon?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

With a dramatic sigh, Kota clutched at his heart. "You wound me! Then again, don't little boys say awful things to the girls they really, really like? I think I might be onto you, missy. I mean, you could've just let me drown or sacrificed me to the monkeys, but here I am!"

It was just too easy, and too fun, to get a rise out of her! Even as she tried to get a rise out of him.

With a glance around the jungle, he pursed his lips in thought. Now that Morgan mentioned it, he was starved. He couldn't actually remember his last meal. And though much of the jungle fruits were poisonous, not all were, by any means. The trick was finding the fruit, and distinguishing it from the bad fruit. They could often look deceptively similar.

"Hm. Let's keep going. My home isn't that far. Maybe we'll find something to nibble on along the way, a nice big fruit for that big mouth of yours." And he gave her a sweet smile.

GoblinFae

She snorted and stared at him nonplussed. "Yes because surely it couldn't be my keeping you alive in case you don't prove useful in locating food and I am forced to resort to cannibalism. Yes of course it isn't that. How could I ever have been so silly?"

Morgan rolled her eyes and stomped off away from him, uncaring of what danger she may have been headed towards or even if she was heading in the right direction. If she was lucky maybe she would find a nice big stone to bash the grin right off his face. Oh how lovely that might be.

"Just how far is your home anyway?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

"...So you're saying you'd eat me." Kota's grin grew. "Some might call that an innuendo."

With a cheerful bounce in his step, he followed along after her, a little amused since she had no idea where they were going. He let her lead, anyway. See how long it took before she realized that. Besides, Kota was in no real rush. He was hungry, but not hungry enough not to drag his feet at the thought of visiting home, and all the drama that could cause if he was seen.

"It's close," he said noncommittally.

GoblinFae

"And others would say dream on," she spat back, rolling her eyes at his cheek. Morgan considered it a wonder her eyes had not simply fallen out of her head with the amount of idiocy he seemed to spout around her. She could already imagine the massive headache he was bringing down upon her head.

She paused however in her walking and musing at his response. There was just something in his tone that spoke volumes to her. With a slow turn on her heel Morgan looked at Kota pointedly. "You have no idea, do you?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Kota's smile was innocent. He spread his arms wide and shrugged, letting his arms drop back down after.

"Don't you?" he asked. "Considering you've taken the lead and all. I'm just following you."

GoblinFae

Morgan laughed. "You actually really don't know how to get home, do you? Oh this is ridiculous. Not only am I stranded on an island with the only other sole survivor of a shipwreck but he's also happens to be the idiot from said island who can't even find his own way home. Could this day get any worse?"

She quickly raised a hand towards Kota in hopes of cutting him off. "Don't answer that. Just figure out how to get back to your home and get us there in one piece before the sunsets and I won't have to resort to cannibalism. Is that clear enough for you? Or do I need to start drawing pictures?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Kota was wisely quiet during her rant, still smiling, and when he finally had a chance to speak, he said, "A picture couldn't hurt."

...Truth be told, he really hoped she was joking about the cannibalism thing, because in all honesty, he was fairly certain she could take him in a fight.

GoblinFae

She froze in disbelief at his cheek before a thought occurred to her. Moments later a wicked smile twisted her features as she moved towards Kota with a rather predatory stalking gait. "Are you sure about, dearest? I would hate for you to regret the consequences later."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Rhindeer

Wait, what?

Kota's smile flickered, and then faded, his brow furrowing at first in confusion at her sudden change, before his eyes widened in alarm at the predatory glint in saw in her eyes. He wasn't really worried that she'd eat him! Really! Except...you know...he wasn't fully versed in the customs and cultures of outsiders, and...uhm...well, foreigners already ate flesh so...what was stopping them from stopping at animals?

Didn't some cultures cannibalize each other? Eat the losers in war?

He shuffled his feet and cleared his throat, fighting the urge to step back as she stepped forward. "Uh. Consequences?"

GoblinFae

"Consequences," she purred back moments before Morgan lunged forward in hopes of tackling Kota to the ground. She gripped his forearms tightly to keep him place before deciding to react impulsively and give the man in her grasp a scare. Morgan latched onto juncture between his neck and shoulder with her teeth, biting hard enough to let him feel a pinch before shaking her head side to side almost savagely like a dog with a bit of meat. As an added effect for the thrill of it, she growled ferally with glee at finally getting a chance to make Kota suffer for the perceived injustices against her person since becoming stranded with him.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]