Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Love is Blind (Goblin!)

Started by Zero, January 15, 2014, 04:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

"Stand up to...?" Nadya was genuinely confused by that statement. Well, actually most of what he just said confused her. Battle demons? "I don't stand up to her. Simply surviving - living and breathing - is not brave. I'm not sure what I do could even really be considering living as much as just existing."

She didn't think he was really being fair to himself either. You didn't have to fight monsters to be brave, after all. "I think waking up to face each day with only darkness in your sight is very brave and heroic. And you even do it smiling! I don't think I could do that."

GoblinFae

"Bah!" Keegan scoffed, shaking his head. "There is nothing to be brave about when you cannot literally face what you fear. I do not see so I do not fear. But you, you live, you survive. I cannot say I know all that goes on in your home, but I know that things are not as perhaps they should be," he told her, trying to choose his words carefully, for fear of offending her.

"If I lived your life, I would have rolled over and died a long time ago. That is why you are brave. You continue when others would not and that is brave, whether you see it or not. I see you as brave."

The stable boy laughed then and slapped his forehead with his hand. "Well see as well as I can with these blind eyes at least. Do forgive me on that, a lot of jokes at my expense are likely to happen with my current condition. I hope that doesn't bother you, my friend."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

"Not as they should be..." Those words were mumbled softly. Should her grandmother love her? She honestly didn't know anymore. Maybe there was no such thing as love in a noble household, there certainly didn't seem to be in a noble marriage. Still, she knew for a fact that Noah had loved her. She was pretty sure her parents had too, though she couldn't even recall their faces to memory.

Thoughts of Noah were enough to dampen whatever joy she might have felt in Keegan's company. If her brother were still alive he would have protected her from their grandmother. The old hag wouldn't have dared treat her so unkindly if Noah were there. He'd have been so handsome, he could have had any girl he wanted in all of Serendipity, she was sure of that.

Sighing softly she looked at the stable boy, watching him pensively. He was trying so hard to make her feel better, she knew that. Everyone must have known how miserable she was. How sweet that of all the servants, he was the only one to ever try to actually be a friend.

"Your jokes don't bother me. It's probably a good thing that you can laugh at yourself. Sometimes laughter is the only way to fend off tears..." Not a lesson she had really taken to heart over the years. Never laughter, far too often tears filled her life.

GoblinFae

He shifted about awkwardly in the silence that followed, worrying that he had gone too far and said the wrong thing. "I found that tears are just as healing as laughter," Keegan tried quietly. "You know though," he continued louder, hoping to lighten their mood. "If you start reading to me, I'll have nothing to give to you in return. I can't exactly read back to you because well you see, to be honest I have this confession I must make now before our friendship continues."

Keegan stopped what he was doing and stood up straight like a boy about to admit his guilt to his schoolmaster. "I cannot read. There, I've said it and now you know." He let out a big sigh while a playful smile danced at the corner of his mouth.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

Nadya listened in silence as he spoke. She knew that he wished to cheer her, but it was hard to feel cheerful just then. Still, she did smile for him, even if he couldn't see it. The young lady wished that he could see her smile, it was something she did just for him - her only friend. "There is nothing wrong with you not being able to read."

Standing she walked over to where he was, not trying to be quiet or sneak up on him. Nadya remembered the first time she'd touched him, when he had jumped at the contact. She wondered if he'd do that again. Reaching out a delicate hand she gently took his in hers and squeezed it softly. "You've already given me all I could ever ask for. All I want in return is your friendship, that's more than enough."

GoblinFae

Keegan did not startle quite as he had before when she touched him this time. However, his heart was beating a mile a minute. 'She's touching me! Voluntarily touching me! Dear Kia don't let this be a dream!'

When at last he could speak, his voice came out soft and filled with emotion. "You have it my lady. You have my friendship for as long as you desire and beyond that." He gave her hand a squeeze, his eyes blinking rapidly as they batted away tears.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Nadya was a bit surprised by just how emotional Keegan's response was. She hadn't expected to bring tears to his eyes. The lady had known that he was a sweet young man, but he was apparently quite sensitive too. She squeezed his hand just a little tighter and smiled.

"Don't go crying on me now, weren't you just trying to keep me from crying? And please, stop calling me lady. Just call me Nadya." How long had she been there? Did her grandmother realize she wasn't in the library yet? How she hated having to worry about being found out.

GoblinFae

"Don't know what you're talking about," he said looking off to the side innocently before adding her name hesitantly to the statement. He said "Nadya," in an almost reverent tone, as if afraid that saying it would cause her to disappear like a mythical fairy from a tale of old.

Desipte his words though, his eyes were still glassy and full of emotion. Though he did not know it, Keegan was an open book waiting to be read. His face was incredibly expressive as he was one to wear his heart on his sleeve for all the world to see.

"Now that," he began again, clearing his throat, "what were we talking about?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Nadya couldn't help but roll her eyes slightly as he said he didn't know what she was talking about. Silly boys and their perpetual need to be manly and tough. Though when he said her name the smile that lit up her face was larger than any since she'd met him.

"Unfortunately I was about to bring up the fact that I should go before grandmother finds out I'm not where she thinks I am." The young woman sighed unhappily. She'd spend all day in the stables with Keegan, just talking or reading to him, if only she could.

Her arms wrapped around him for a moment in a quick hug. "I promise I'll be back, hopefully sooner than before. I will make sure to find a really good story to read to you."

GoblinFae

For a fleeting moment Keegan stood in shock as warm arms encircled him in a gentle embrace. He was nearly too slow to place a hand on Nadya's upper back to return the hug before she was dancing back away from him again. His mind was racing a mile a minute in his shook as he stood there dumbly.

'She hugged me! Kia, Nadya hugged me! Great Goddess I look like an idiot! What do I do? What do I do?! Okay, okay, be calm. It's all good. It's fine. We're good. Just a causal hug between friends. Nevermind the fact I've loved her since we were children buuuuuut it's fine, it's fine. All good. No worries. OH MY GODDESS SHE HUGGED MEEEEEEEEE!'

"Well um," the stable boy cleared his throat and smile. "I look forward to your return whenever that may be. Have a good day Nadya! It was a delight to have you around my friend."

'I love you. Be safe. Don't let her get you down,' his traitorous mind added.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Nadya smiled and waved, even though he couldn't see the gestures. "Take care, Keegan. I'll see you again soon, I promise!"

It took two days for Nadya to sneak away again. Her grandmother had a lord to entertain, so she wouldn't be missed. The young noblewoman had taken great time and care in selecting a book to take with her to see Keegan. From the moment she'd left him about all she could think about was seeing him again and what book to share with him first.

The young woman entered the stables with a huge grin on her face, and she was humming a pleasant little tune. She hadn't been this happy since Noah had died. "Keegan, I'm back! I found the perfect book to read to you!"

GoblinFae

"Did you?" he asked enthusiastically from behind her. Keegan was busy polishing a saddle on his lap by the door but placed it on the floor to stand and great her. "And how are you today Nadya? Have you had any adventures on your own without me to share?"

His own smile was bright and innocent as he held his arms out in greeting to her. The stable boy was quickly finding that his world revolved around the noblewoman and her visits as each time she entered his domain, it was like being able to see again. She brought so much life with her when she came and he was desperate to bask in it.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Nadya spun around with a soft squeak when she heard someone behind her. It was just Keegan, of course, and she grinned at him as he stood up to greet her. Maybe he wasn't a knight in shining armor or some prince charming, he might as well have been.

"I did! It has pirates fighting a trading company, a kraken, buried treasure, and even a little bit of romantic drama. That last one might be more for me than you, but still, I think you're going to love it." Her words were an excited rush as Nadya moved into his out held arms, giving him a friendly embrace of greeting.

GoblinFae

He smiled and patted her back before stepping back and giving her space again. "Hey now," he cried out, mock-offended, "just because I'm a lad and not a lass doesn't mean this stable boy does not enjoy a good tale of true love!

"Now sit, sit, sit," Keegan ushered, taking her by the hand and pulling her excitedly towards his vacated seat. He was giddy with euphoria and could not wait for her to begin reading. He had not been sure that she truly was going to bring him a book, but the fact that she had made good on her promise only endeared her more to him.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

"I don't know if it is true love or not, but when we've both heard the whole story, we can figure that one out together." Nadya laughed as she was hurried over to a seat. It was nice to see him so excited about being read to, and made her all the more certain that she was doing the right thing by coming down here. Maybe that first, when she'd come to cry, had been a twist of fate to make sure she really met Keegan, rather than just in the passing of fetching her horse.

For the next hour, the lady of Lancaster sat in the stable and read the first few chapters of a magnificent story about grand adventure on the high seas. They met Aldara, the daughter of famous pirate, Captain One-eyed Robert, and fledgling pirate captain Carlos "Cannon" Decker, who wanted to use Aldara to find the legendary treasure trove of her father, that supposedly could only be found by people who already knew where to look.

Unfortunately Nadya had to mark their place in the story and close the book. She wished she could read to him all day, but there just wasn't time. Her grandmother would get suspicious of what she was doing all the time. "What do you think so far? Did I do good?"

GoblinFae

Keegan had listened with rapt attention. If he had moved a bit slower in his work in order to listen longer, he did not let on. He knew he could make up for it later. Just the chance to listen to Nadya's voice for what felt like hours was the greatest gift she ever could have given him.

He sighed regrettably to hear that she had to go so soon. He would have liked to hear how Aldara would take Carlos' advances once she realized the intentions behind them. "It's a perfect choice, my friend. Although I admit I wish you could stay but a chapter longer," the stable boy laughed. "The more I hear of your voice, the more I want to listen."

Keegan blushed once he realized what he said and stuttered to correct it. "That is to say I wish to hear more of the book. It's definitely a really enthralling story that hooks you in and keeps you there once you start. I don't know how I'm going to handle the waiting until you can come again. Do you think you can come tomorrow?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Nadya positively beamed when he expressed that he wished she could stay for just another chapter. She did that all the time when she found a good book. The young lady would convince herself that she would read just one more chapter before bed, and before she knew it, she had been awake half the night simply devouring the book until it was finished.

Keegan wasn't the only one blushing at his words, Nadya's cheeks heated quite readily, but she was still smiling, though perhaps a bit more sheepishly than before. Siren blood ran through the Lancaster family, this was no secret. The idea that he liked her voice still made her blush. He was quick to cover himself with words, but his blush told a different story than his lips.

"I will definitely try to come tomorrow. I do wish I could stay and read to you all day." And she really meant it. Nadya found his company so comforting, even if she was only reading aloud to him while he was working.

GoblinFae

"I look forward to our next meeting then. I shall not keep you from your own duties, my friend. I know you can be quite busy and am honored that you choose to spend part of your days with a lowly servant such as me. And don't tell me we are friends for I know it well."

Keegan placed a hand over his heart, a whimsical expression crossing his features. "I cherish the knowledge well and hold it close to heart. Now go my friend," he said, playfully shooing her away. "I have chores to complete and your beauty blinds me!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Nadya made a bit of a face when Keegan said he was honored she would choose to spend time with a 'lowly servant'. She wanted to tell him that he was far from lowly, but he kept talking and had her rolling her eyes a bit as he shooed her away with his dramatics, but his last words made her blush.

"I think I've changed my mind again. You aren't a poet, you're an actor. Until tomorrow, sweet Keegan." She teased as she glided out the door, not giving him time to come up with a silly response.

The next afternoon she managed to slip away, back down to the stables, book in hand. She was excited to read more of the story, both for Keegan and for herself. Bouncing cheerfully into the stables she called softly to her friend. "Keeeeeeeeeegan. I was able to get away for a while. Are you ready to hear more about Aldara and Carlos?"

GoblinFae

Keegan poked his head out from up in the loft, letting his upper torso hang over the edge as he waved in her direction. "Be right there! Go ahead and get settled, I have some things up here to finish up. You didn't go and read without me though did you Nadya? It is an awfully good story you know," he teased, body disappearing once more from view.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]