Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pride and Pestilence

Started by visualspice, March 12, 2014, 01:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

If his identity had been brought to her attention, she must have missed it, or been in denial, but those details were moot. She was on a mission, and the game she preyed on was a certain unknown man to whom she was hoping to get a lot more intimate with before the night was over.

By the time she found him, he was being held prisoner in some dull conversation, and with a nonchalant grace, she stepped into the conversation with a cat like smile.

"Talk of business seems to be what all men like to speak about, Lord Rennit. Though I am quite familiar with your plans to harness cotton and clothing, I'm rather curious as to what sort of business your... friend here.." and her eyes went to Ithel. "Is interested in."
And as she waited for his reply, she raised her goblet of wine to her lips.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

GoblinFae

Ithel startled slightly at Davina's appearance and interjections into the conversation he had been quietly listening to. For a moment he paused to sip from his own glass to buy him time before answering rather evasively.

"I am interested in all businesses legal and beneficial to the society as a whole milady. I believe it is the duty of every man to have an understanding of many things so that he can better help his neighbor in a time of need. A country runs on unity. If we cannot stand together when we need our brothers the most then we are sure to fall. If we do not have agriculture then we cannot feed our children. If we do not have cotton then we will be mighty cold come winter," he chuckled, making light of his somewhat impassioned speech.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

Her eyes danced.
"But what of wool?" She parried. "And what of the duties of women?"
Her green eyes locked onto him, unyielding as she waited on his answer.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

GoblinFae

The nobleman cocked a brow at Davina while his features remained otherwise neutral. "Those were merely examples. Of course wool is incredibly important as a textile necessary for many trades. There are also other trades and products that are needed to support our great country. I would not bore you though with the ramblings of an enthusiast milady."

Ithel inclined his head to her once more before taking a slow sip of his drink. "As for women I believe they are our strength and support. Without women our world would crumble. Connlaoth depends on the strength and character of our women while the men are away protecting all that we hold dear. A man is nothing without a woman," he told her seriously, his eyes holding hers tensely before he loosed a chuckle and turned his head to the side to meet the eyes of the small circle he had joined. "Or at least that is this youthful bachelor's opinion." The other guests tittered around him with amused smirks of their own.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

Davina's eyes danced at such a proclamation and she couldn't help but think, 'Well played.' Though as her eyes sought to look him over, they were drawn away as the other men began to chuckle.

"You might want to be careful announcing your martial status, for the fair woman beside us is most curiously unwed," one man went on, smiling through his curled mustache. "Why, if I had your youth and freedom, I wouldn't waste my time talking to old goats like me."

And again, Davina's eyes danced at the notion. Was this man trying to hook them up? She could have laughed, though perhaps her eyes did.

GoblinFae

"I think I need not worry," Ithel declared jovially. "One such as Lady Davina would not stoop so low as to marry into my family. There are far too many eligible men in this world vying for her attentions for me to ever stand a chance. Nay I will just enjoy her fleeting company while I may before a better man whisks her away."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Davina quirked a brow.
"Such an interesting assessment. Are you trying to flatter me? And here, I don't even know your name."

GoblinFae

Ithel shook his head with a smile while finishing the last of his glass. "Now that I do not believe for a second my astute lady. I'm sure you know everyone here and much more than that even. It is not nice you know to play such games with a helpless mouse," he commented knowing in fact that it was he not she that was the cat in their little game thus far.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

"Oh, but how can you call yourself as such?" she went on with a sexy little pout. "A mouse is most unbecoming, and you are lacking in those qualities. Surely, you have a name, unless that is what you intend to be... mousy with," she went on, smirking as she lifted her goblet to her lips.

GoblinFae

"Now, now my lady you cannot honestly say you do not know my name. Surely we have not been having such lovely and engaging conversations all evening without your knowing to whom you were conversing. Why you'd make me out to be the rudest gentleman of all if you say such things."

Ithel turned to face her fully, taking on a more serious posture even as a slight small still remained. "Allow me to rectify that all the same without tarnishing either of our honors. In Turgall I was known simply as Ithel. Here however, I am Lord Ithel Conlaoch, and I have come home."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

And at such an introduction, she simply stared. The glint in her eyes even froze as she looked at him before chuckling. But when another man interrupted and used that name, she felt her insides curdle as her lip curled back into a sneering smile. Though she was quick to gracefully smooth it over, eye lashes fluttering as she was brought back into the moment.

"Home? Goodness, you make it seem as if you've lived in Hellvion for most of your life. Whatever would be wrong with Turgall?" she went on, and as a servant passed with a tray of drinks, she fetched up a fresh one and drank down about half as she attentively waited for his response, while her insides continued to twist and twist.

Surely the man was mistaken. Surely he was just trying to make her the fool.
But as she heard that name used for him again in menial conversation, she felt her brow twitch.

GoblinFae

Ithel looked at her in surprise, also taking a new glass of wine as the server passed them while replacing his empty one. "Turgall was a holiday. Hellvion is my home and as is expected, all holidays must come to end." He sipped his drink lightly, continuing his conversation with the other nobles around him as if nothing had happened even as Davina seethed behind him.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

She wasn't sure just what to believe. But she hated, no..
loathed to be left standing there, feeling like a ninny. But after a moment, she was able to compose herself. The mask she wore, after all, had been made to wear through any and all occasions.

She chuckled through closed lips.
"It must be good to be home," she commented, when there was the chance through his conversation with the other men. She would not be simply trumped then ignored. Oh no. She'd find a way to ruin him, in any way she could.

GoblinFae

He paused at her comment, turning his head to face her slightly as he offered a half-smile and a small nod of his head in agreement but otherwise made no further comment on the subject. Ithel chose instead to allow her to stew and shame herself if she so chose instead of dragging him with her in a disgraceful and tactless verbal argument. Patience was always key in his opinion which was why he continued engaging in droll conversations concerning the province's current state of affairs and their relations with their neighbors.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Her expression cooled. But two could play at this game. So quietly she remained at his side, smiling as cool as ever but not saying a word. But this was getting quite boring, and it would hardly do, so when she heard a song- The Hellvion Waltz, she gave a pleading, but gentle tug to his arm.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but this is a party, and dancing is a must." She looked up into Ilthel's face. "Would you honor me with this next dance?" Even though she knew it was a man's place to ask, she was Davina Callister after all, and sometimes she took on more of the man's role than was proper. And as if to urge him more, she hooked arms with him and gave him a none too gentle tug in attempts to guide him away from those other men and their dreadfully boring conversation.

GoblinFae

Ithel raised a brow but stood his ground against her tugging. "Forgive me Lady Davina but has Hellvion changed so much that a man no longer leads? In Turgall, it is the man not the woman who initiates the dance and though we are not in Turgall I believed it would be much the same." He looked at her pointedly even as he spoke so only she could hear him. Ithel was not not an accessory for her to parade around. He was a dangerous opponent politically-speaking and she was toying with fire as if she did not realize how close she was to being burned. "However, if it is a dance the last requires," he continued with a lighter tone, "then a dance she shall have." The nobleman took her arm firmly as he took the lead refusing to allow her to back out or regain control as she wanted. If she wished to party with him then he would keep her continually off kilter.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

She let him speak and take the lead, naturally, but of course, she told herself, it was on her terms. She would have used more force had he out right refused, though again, most naturally, it'd be in a more cunning way. Now, as he obliged her and the pair made their way onto the dance floor, she so kindly reminded him, "Yes, you see, we are not in Turgall, but a far better an exquisite place." She batted her eyes at him as she smiled through her teeth, pressing herself up against him to keep her heavy, swollen breasts as exposed as her dress dare allow.

"You know it's strange you'd even question a woman's power in such a duchy," she went on, taking position before him and bowing kindly to her dancing partner. "After all, most know that it is truly the Duchess Melora who rules." And she moved her hands towards his, brows raised and awaited him to lead them in this dance, which the song that now was playing was a lot faster paced than the ones before. And realizing it, it only made her smirk wider.

GoblinFae

The nobleman easily fell into step and began leading her about the dance floor with the same ease as walking. "On the contrary, my lady you mistake me. It is not a woman's power that I question but her desire to take away a simple pleasure and act of chivalry meant for men. If a man is no longer permitted to ask his partner to the dance floor then how ever will he manage to sweep her off her feet?" With a smile he stepped up the pace, whirling and twirling Davina about as if she weighed nothing more than a downy feather.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

She was silent, for a time, and let him lead; and was surprised to find out how smooth he went about it. Dainty flower, she was not, but he treated her as such and there seemed to be no rigid bone within his body.

It only served to irritate her even further, but then again, a man like him would always be a natural irritation to a woman like her. He needed to know his place, but for now- she had to bide her time.

"I can assure you, dancing is not the way to win the affections of a true Hellvion lady." In fact, dancing, more or less, was a bore. The steps were too easy, to pristine, too prim and proper. Naturally, she was also flawless at it, but the cunning shine to her eyes showed forth some truths to what she might be thinking. After all, she had very deep, dark green eyes; like mystical, jaded glass.

GoblinFae

"No?" he replied, amused. "Do tell then. How is the best manner in which to procure a true Hellvion lady's attentions and affections?" Ithel stared into those eyes and saw the serpent laying in wait deep inside them. He was sure that those tempest eyes like the sea that drowned sailors had damned many a man before him. But he would not be one of them. He would not be drawn in to his death, physical or political. "As I recall it was you that invited me to this dance after all."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]